• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • But you can’t use the standard buffer and spring can you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes you can, but you need to add an internal spacer in the buffer tube. I think I added a small piece of 3/4" PVC pipe and a PVC end cap to compensate for the extra 1.5" inside the tube.
    ETA- Many moons ago, I recall @clandestine talking about using quarters (the coin) to use as spacers to tune a buffer.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Always check your buffer tube internal depth. Do this by pushing your bolt carrier into the tube by hand until it bottoms out. The rear of the gas key should not come into contact with buffer tube extension of the lower receiver.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Yes you can, but you need to add an internal spacer in the buffer tube. I think I added a small piece of 3/4" PVC pipe and a PVC end cap to compensate for the extra 1.5" inside the tube.
    ETA- Many moons ago, I recall @clandestine talking about using quarters (the coin) to use as spacers to tune a buffer.
    I have a few washers in one of my buffer tubes. I may switch to quarters though as the washers cost more than $0.25 a piece now.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Match grade 7". Lol
    I have a 300 blk 10.5" Rainier Ultramatch barrel that will do this all day long...

blackoutsubs.jpg

blackoutsuper.jpg

Top is seven rounds. The lower is four rounds. Both from 100 yards.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Just canceled my sylvan arms order from sylvan arms, and ordered it from primary arms. I’m waiting to see if it ships today or not.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    My Centurion barrel came wrapped in Styrofoam webbing, inside Styrofoam sheet, inside box, inside other box. It felt righteous unwrapping it. Kill Bill Hotari Hanzo style.
    :lol:

The more I look back on it, the more I really enjoyed my first build. I'm itching to do another.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    I'd be curious what the Faxon gas port measures. They are known for being pretty stupidly overgassed.

If I didn’t have the gas block already mounted I’d tell u. I think I’d rather have it over gassed cause I’m running an adjustable block.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom