• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I tried using the bracket yt thing to embed and it didn't work.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihsx3zURQ4Q

FIFY

cut and paste all the characters after the v= ("Ihsx3zURQ4Q") and put betwen yt brackets, no spaces

The Mrs. and I went to TMGN Friday (3/10) to shoot the Sig P365.

We also shot the HK VP9 (I think that was the model, or maybe there was an SK in there too somewhere), the Walther PPS M2, and a Sig 225.

Thoughts.

Sig 225. Shot 5 rounds each and never picked it up again.

HK. VERY comfortable in the hand. Larger than we want for concealed. Did not like the mag release location.

Sig P365. I REALLY wanted to like this gun. Super small, and the back of the grip just does not fit well in our hands. Surprisingly easy to shoot, but both of us were all over the place with it. Also, I could not get 10 rounds in the mag to save my butt.

This was our second time to TMGN. My daughter and son-in-law are members there (talking about Frederick location). Last week we shot 4 different 9's.

Ruger LC9s. Just didn't like it, but very concealable.

Glock 43. I actually wanted to like this, but it had several failures to feed or eject and jammed on us twice in 12 rounds. Proves that neither one of us are Glock people.

S&W Shield 9 (NOT the 2.0, hate the sandpaper grip). We both liked this one a lot, except for the long take up. I shot consistently low left with it, but I know that is correctable. This was our #2 pick of the night that night.

Kimber Micro 9. We both like this one and shot the snot out of it. We were both very accurate with it and felt it fit us both very well. She did have a jam, and both of us had an empty bean us straight in the forehead.

Analysis:

Narrowed down to: Shield 9, Walther PPS, Kimber Micro 9.

Kimber=twice the price of the S&W and Walther (could probably buy both of them damn near the price of the Kimber) and only comes with ONE 7 rd. mag. However we both shot it "lights out". The jam bothered me. She rates this one at the top.

S&W/Walther= She gets one and I get one, and the Smith only needs a trigger and a sight adjustment.

She likes the Walther PPS over the Shield 9. I like the Shield 9 for the price and modification options. We both like the Kimber. Need a time machine back to either Black Friday or a rebate.

The folks at TMGN are flat out customer service and good at it. I really like the place and will continue to visit there on a regular basis.

Now, quit telling me about different guns so we can decide.

:party29:

I've seen a decent history of jams in the Micro, unfortunate because I was interested in one when they were announced.

I have two M&Ps and love them both, adding a trigger kit from Apex Tactical will make you love them more.

That being said, I'd be willing to say the VP9 might have the best stock trigger I've tried in a striker pistol. Yeah, the mag release location is a little odd getting used to, but you can adjust to it pretty quickly. I think it's worth a second look, and maybe worth the compromise of getting used to that mag release. Obviously up to you though.

I know you said stop suggesting different ones, haha, but I suggest looking at the PPQ M2 as well. There is a compact(might be subcompact) but they also have excellent triggers. I recently got the 22LR version and am in love with it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Regarding the VP9 SK, I also think it's super comfortable in the hand. When using the magazine release, did you use your trigger finger on that side (it's ambidextrous) instead of trying to use the thumb on the "normal" side? It's different but I found it very usable that way.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Yes, used trigger finger to release mag. I think the HK is just a little larger than we are looking for. And its definitely the most expensive we have looked at

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 6.13.56 PM.jpg
      Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 6.13.56 PM.jpg
      36.5 KB · Views: 281
    • Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 6.15.21 PM.png
      Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 6.15.21 PM.png
      1.9 KB · Views: 279

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    follow the pictures :) and you get this

Weird. That's what I tried but every time I saved the message, it didn't work and then when I clicked edit, what was actually there was this. I added spaces so you can see how it inserts the "URL" and "/URL". It gives the error window shown below If I leave it as it saves it.

[y t][u r l]Ihsx3zURQ4Q[/u r l][/y t]

Well, anyway, Ryan got good exposure, LOL.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    follow the pictures :) and you get this

Weird. That's what I tried but every time I saved the message, it didn't work and then when I clicked edit, what was actually there was this. I added spaces so you can see how it inserts the "URL" and "/URL". It gives the error window shown below If I leave it as it saves it.

[y t][u r l]Ihsx3zURQ4Q[/u r l][/y t]

Well, anyway, Ryan got good exposure, LOL.

Some wierd autocorrect or spell check thing? or a strange browser thing? Never seen this. Cant you delete the url tags?

Leeann

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2011
    Edgewater
    I use my iPad all the time and don't see that stuff. You might want to delete all website info and start over...

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Went over Saturday evening for the first time in 1+ years and enjoyed it. It would be great to see them add a few more lanes to accommodate more shooters but, obviously they're doing something right to be as busy as they are on the weekends and with HTC right down the road a couple of miles. I waited, maybe, 10 minutes to get a lane.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Has anyone rented the P365 they have there?

Yes.

This is from my post, #163:

"Sig P365. I REALLY wanted to like this gun. Super small, and the back of the grip just does not fit well in our hands. Surprisingly easy to shoot, but both of us were all over the place with it. Also, I could not get 10 rounds in the mag to save my butt."

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Yes.

This is from my post, #163:

"Sig P365. I REALLY wanted to like this gun. Super small, and the back of the grip just does not fit well in our hands. Surprisingly easy to shoot, but both of us were all over the place with it. Also, I could not get 10 rounds in the mag to save my butt."

Thanks. I watched the video but didn't read. Good write up.

I can't wait to try it though. I have been looking for something like this for sometime. I thought the P938 would be it but turns out a safety and my brain don't click.

Last edited:

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I stopped in tonight to send a few rounds down range. I had a 7.62x39 with a brake on it, and i forgot to bring my can :o

I dont think my neighbors were amused by the fireballs or concusion :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom