• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    i'm looking for ww2 or surplus rifles.
    i guess the days of reasonable priced firearms has passed.:rolleyes:
    Yup,

Reasonably priced ANYTHING usually takes a fair amount of homework, patience and persistence.

Many folks said I should just give up trying to find an enclosed trailer in my desired sizes and price range. Many felt as if 5k on up for a 7x16 foot, or incrementally higher 7k-10k+ for 22, 24 28 foot versions was gonna be next to impossible.

Through patience and persistence, I managed to score my 8x24 for just a wee bit over $106 per linear foot instead of $300 per.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    A few years ago there was a lady who made custom ear plugs at the show, Debbie (I think). Is she (or anybody else) usually at this show molding ear plugs? If not, maybe somewhere else? I've tried audiologist-made plugs, and they were incredibly lacking in both fit and noise reduction, and exponentially more expensive.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    A few years ago there was a lady who made custom ear plugs at the show, Debbie (I think). Is she (or anybody else) usually at this show molding ear plugs? If not, maybe somewhere else? I've tried audiologist-made plugs, and they were incredibly lacking in both fit and noise reduction, and exponentially more expensive.
    Haven't seen her in years

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Not sure about this show, but at the last Chantilly there was a man who was doing the custom plugs, maybe she retired & he took over?

Last edited:

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Next gun show I go to I need to find one of those guys that makes the kydex holsters as you wait. I think I've seen them in PA but never at MD shows

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I had her number on one of the cases. I called her a year or two. She no longer does it which is a shame. They are great plugs.

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    Try the mold them in your ear from Decibuls--easy to do and I have used them for a couple of years

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Anyone go today? I have been stuck with honey do’s out in this swamp ass weather. I don’t think they would let in until I defunk.

offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    Went about 11, definitely not crowded. Didn't seem to be a lot of vendors as in the past. Usual high prices on most everything. Saw some Tula steel case 54R for $22 a box (!!). Didn't purchase anything though. ATF had a table in the front of the hall. Don't recall seeing that before.

Scottysan

Ultimate Member
    May 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I saw an accessory seller, selling DIY kits.... didn't pay enough attention to who it was

Scottysan

Ultimate Member
    May 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Went about 11, definitely not crowded. Didn't seem to be a lot of vendors as in the past. Usual high prices on most everything. Saw some Tula steel case 54R for $22 a box (!!). Didn't purchase anything though. ATF had a table in the front of the hall. Don't recall seeing that before.
    I went from about 12-3p. I agree that it was medium traffic, not crowded. Alot smaller than the old Timonium shows.
    I got an IWB holster from Bmoretactical, and got to jaw with the guys manning the MSI table for a bit.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country

I have a pair of Debbie’s molded plugs. They are pretty darn good, especially when alone. Little sound gets through. I haven’t seen he any shows since covid. She may have hung up her apron.

Recently I decided to pony up money for a set if 3M in-ear electric noise canceling hearing protection. For work, on construction sites, where I need to be able to hear possible people talking to me, as well as potential site dangers there
    Is no substitute. They work extremely well at the range too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Recently I decided to pony up money for a set if 3M in-ear electric noise canceling hearing protection. For work, on construction sites, where I need to be able to hear possible people talking to me, as well as potential site dangers there
    Is no substitute. They work extremely well at the range too.
    Can you specify which ones you bought?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom