• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    That is an awesome Ruger 10/22 MAGNUM. Worth every penny. Shoots great. It has 15 coats of Corvette Yellow and BMW Blue paint. SS Match 22mag barrell, Volquartsen trigger pack plus some other trick parts. I know the gun well, I built it.

thats the one i was talking about:drool: i would mount it in a showcase up on my wall:thumbsup: you should post some pics of it... awesome build:party29:

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I went window shopping today. Not ecstatic about this show. Prices high and not that great of a selection. I guess its back up to Harrisburg for my next one. I was drooling over a FN2000 though... wish it was in a 5.7 though.

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    I went window shopping today. Not ecstatic about this show. Prices high and not that great of a selection. I guess its back up to Harrisburg for my next one. I was drooling over a FN2000 though... wish it was in a 5.7 though.

R u talking about the FS2000? It was way over priced, I just got one last month for <$2,000 they wanted around $2500

the fs2000 is 5.56 it's the ps90 that's 5.7

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Too blasted crowded. And nothing out of the ordinary.

FWIW, if you are looking for PMAGs, try the Virginia shows. They seem to be plentiful there.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Too blasted crowded. And nothing out of the ordinary.

FWIW, if you are looking for PMAGs, try the Virginia shows. They seem to be plentiful there.

where are they Va shows? are they at the expo center? It wouldnt have been that bad had it been in a bigger area, the tables were too close together for a line looking on either side and ppl to move through the middle.Especially the ppl with fat bellies like me :(

houserocker

Guero Loco
    Jan 14, 2008
    Laurel, DE
    Got two boxes of .38 Special at $14 per, two boxes of 7.62x25 @ $9, 1 box of .32 S&W Longs @ $15 (shoulda got more dammit), and 100 rounds of 7.62x39 for $30:sad20:. Picked up a spray can of CLP and a speedloader from Top Hat, a couple of Mosin stripper clips and a .50 cent magnesium flare.

ToneGrail

MSI, NRA, & SAF Member
    Dec 18, 2008
    Towson, People's Republik of MD
    Picked up a box of 40 cal and a box of 9mm Luger. Bought a couple of expandable batons and some assisted-opening knives as well. I also bought some hearing protection (ear muffs) and some goggles. I'm tired of using the ones at the range. They're really gross from everybody else's ear wax and sweat.

They didn't have much in the holster department. I was hoping to find a pocket holster for my Kel-
    Tec PF-9 but no go.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    just went back w a friend and that place is almost wiped out, i scored a car wrench, ak/sks sight tool, cz52 manual and rom.tok manual. he had a cz52 armorers kit for $550 and some ugly wood grips i passed on.

saw 3 colt le 9mm ar's for $1400ea
    and a 7.62x39 upper $575

badass 10/22 was gone along with most everything else.

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    just went back w a friend and that place is almost wiped out, i scored a car wrench, ak/sks sight tool, cz52 manual and rom.tok manual. he had a cz52 armorers kit for $550 and some ugly wood grips i passed on.

saw 3 colt le 9mm ar's for $1400ea
    and a 7.62x39 upper $575

badass 10/22 was gone along with most everything else.

The cz-52 armorers kit is listed on centruy for about half that if I remember correctly

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I just got back like 1/2 hour ago. it was packed, i see they used a smaller hall, the parking lot was packed for both shows. Seems like the boat show was more popular.

I got there when the opened the doors and the prices were through the roof. AR's SKS, 10/22 is what caught my eye and then I walked away. I did do well buying parts for builds. The Chinese knife guy gave me a good deal, he'd knocked hte price down and then additional 10%. I guess its the last day sale also doesn't hurt to be asian too. I got some grips from him.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Was there when they opened the doors this morning and I must say I was appalled. The prices were above what you could buy for retail. $265 for a plain wood stock 10/22? You can get em at Dick's for less than that. Ammo prices were outlandish. I could have bought online and resold at less than what they were selling and still have made quite a profit. Unless you were looking for an NcStar, optics were a joke and are cheaper at BassPro. I went primarily to see if anyone had reloading equip as I plan to start reloading this year....nada....but I could buy a Tom Odell special on a sword or cheap folder knife at several places.

Is the Innauguration Hysteria really that bad?

I think I am done with gun shows associated with Appalachian Promotions...and I have to work during the Harrisburg show.

LowRecoil

Federalist
    Mar 18, 2007
    Harford
    They needed to have signs at the door that said "suckers" based on what people were charging. I usually drop some money at those shows but not today. Everyone was price gouging on guns and ammo. Picked up some basic supplies and got out. It was crowded and I don't think many there knew how badly that they were being ripped off. I just laughed as I went by the main bulk ammo table.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    When I went Thursday I went with $400 in my pocket. I left with $400.

At least I used the $1 off coupon that someone posted several pages back. Thanks.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    went thurs and then came back today cause i was bored and it's a flacco throw from my apt. figured these shows wont get better unless they have our support. wanted to look for some iwb holsters and to fondle a pf9...no holsters except for old beat-up 5$ ones at a couple of tables. left again without buying anything but it was a well-spent 7$...no dinner-club comedian has ever made me laugh like the prices and people flipping out i saw there.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    oh yeah the guy still had the gsg mag but he took a sharpie and X'd all the boxes (10 15 22) and he turned it sideways:rolleyes:

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    They needed to have signs at the door that said "suckers" based on what people were charging. I usually drop some money at those shows but not today. Everyone was price gouging on guns and ammo. Picked up some basic supplies and got out. It was crowded and I don't think many there knew how badly that they were being ripped off. I just laughed as I went by the main bulk ammo table.

Yeah, you would think a show would have better prices that i could find online or a store, not prices $20-30 more.

the only thing i bought was some synthetic safe gun cleaner. Oh and a nice chunky Pit turkey sub :) , at least that was good!

capTIM

Carroll County Drunkard
    Apr 30, 2008
    Sykesville
    What a disapointment this show was. I didn't spend a dime more then the $6 to get in the door. They even had the stock I wanted for my Mossberg. But, by the time I found it, my son started to get kind of fussy. So I just wanted to leave and save my money for a PA show. I can stretch my dollar a little more at their shows.

mako263

Feb 15, 2008
    Thank you for the compliment. Will try and do another project gun in 17hmr. Will try some different paint theme. Soon as Igert it done, I will post pics.

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    oh yeah the guy still had the gsg mag but he took a sharpie and X'd all the boxes (10 15 22) and he turned it sideways:rolleyes:

Firehawk,

You do realize that a lot of these guys do shows outside of MD, right? Many of them pack up all there accessories and leave them packed for the shows. If I recall correctly, you said the box was not out like it was for sale. We are all on the same team and calling something out like that, especially when it is questionable, is not cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom