• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimet

Feb 4, 2007
    Harford Co.
    Seems like the ideal place to find a qualified gun smith,and I need one. Can anyone point me towards the rules on bring a firearm with ?

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Seems like the ideal place to find a qualified gun smith,and I need one. Can anyone point me towards the rules on bring a firearm with ?

I took one up there with a lock on it and in a locked hard case. I checked it in at the door and went on with it.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    When is this show bc i want to take this gun up there that i have to see if somebody can tell me something about it. I havent a clue who made it or how old it is.

Cat Rat.jpg

Jimet

Feb 4, 2007
    Harford Co.
    Just left the gun show.You can take a longgun in with ya as long as its over100 yrs. old and they check em.no hand guns.Gets to be a pain in the ass carryin a rifle in there cause its tight quarters,plus lot of people want to inquire.
    ...Probably every old gun ever made is represented there,parts,too.Gunsmiths,swords,cannons,ammo,pistols,all kinda stuff.Not many women. Worth 5 bucks. Sunday 9-3.Later ,JIm

woodchuck312

Feb 11, 2007
    I would drive up 83 and not stop in Timonium, Go up to Harrisburg to the farm show building, a huge gun show up there this weekend. Its about 4 times the size of the piece of crap gun shows we have in Maryland and the prices are a whole lot better.

I went yesterday and they had crates of mil surp c&r guns, lots of mil surp ammo etc. Cases of Wolf 7.62x39 were $150 thats better than getting it online. For comparison i went to the Timonium show in Feb. and they were trying to sell Wolf 7.62x39 for $6 a box. I vowed never to attend another Maryland gun show the prices are astronomical. IF the dealers here can't respect us instead of trying to rip us off then i will travel the extra 45 minutes and go to Harrisburg to a real gun show from now on.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Funny how the Baltimore Sun doesn't accept ads for guns or gunshows, but sure enough there was an ad for the Timonium show - "Antique Arms Show" in one of the daily editions last week.

I guess they didn't realize that guns are arms.

Or maybe they thought is was a prosthetics show. :sad20:

Jimet

Feb 4, 2007
    Harford Co.
    ..Woodchuck,try going to an "Antique Arms Show",much better than a gun show.
    ..I wouldn't go to a dog show lookin for a deal on a dog,or a collar,for that matter.I was'nt expecting any steals in Timonium,just lookin for some info,make a couple connections,broaden my knowledge platform on a hobby,know what I mean? And sence it was for guns 100+ yrs old,it narrowed the field to my target interest.
    ..I spent 6 hrs over the weekend walkin and lookin at guns,could've spent 6 more.Glad it wasn/t 4 x.s bigger. Saw tags from vermont,fla texas and every thing in between,hope they enjoyed the land of pleasant living..
    ...Did ya get to it,Redneck? Just my .02 Later

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    nah i did family came in from out of state and then my basment flooded, so im thinking about taking it to an antique arms dealer. Know if theres any in the area?

woodchuck312

Feb 11, 2007
    ..Woodchuck,try going to an "Antique Arms Show",much better than a gun show.
    ..I wouldn't go to a dog show lookin for a deal on a dog,or a collar,for that matter.I was'nt expecting any steals in Timonium,just lookin for some info,make a couple connections,broaden my knowledge platform on a hobby,know what I mean? And sence it was for guns 100+ yrs old,it narrowed the field to my target interest.
    ..I spent 6 hrs over the weekend walkin and lookin at guns,could've spent 6 more.Glad it wasn/t 4 x.s bigger. Saw tags from vermont,fla texas and every thing in between,hope they enjoyed the land of pleasant living..
    ...Did ya get to it,Redneck? Just my .02 Later

Oh sorry wasn't aware it was an antique show. I thought it was like the crappy old gun shows they normally have in Maryland, i won't be wasting any more money on those. You probably would have enjoyed the Harrisburg show though there were many old guns there. I am more a fan of mil surp curio relics though and it was great for me. Also had some nice reloading supply deals and ammo.

Jimet

Feb 4, 2007
    Harford Co.
    im thinking about taking it to an antique arms dealer. Know if theres any in the area?
    ...Wish I did,wish there was.I've got a lot of info from the forums over GunBrokers.com.Post that picture in the morning and you'll know what ya got by supper time.Gunboards.com is another good one,it's huge,caters mostly to mil-sup.Later

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom