• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    After the last few, I'm not spending $7 to look at Chinese knives and airsoft. See y'all in Harrisburg! For the $7 I'll go to China Moon and get some egg foo young a few egg rolls and a coke.

I told myself I was over MD shows then Shooters Discount had those police trade in MP9's...wasted 7 bucks to walk in buy one gun and look at a bunch of crap.

PA/VA shows or bust.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I told myself I was over MD shows then Shooters Discount had those police trade in MP9's...wasted 7 bucks to walk in buy one gun and look at a bunch of crap.

PA/VA shows or bust.

That particular show you attended (PITTY Hill, yea, misspelled intentionally) has been on my shitlist for several years. I will not be returning. Actually, you're making an unfair comparison if you consider PITTY Hill to a show such as Frederick or Timonium. Like I said, even I won't be returning to the PITTY Hill show. One of the voices in my head says the promoter may not return.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    That particular show you attended (PITTY Hill, yea, misspelled intentionally) has been on my shitlist for several years. I will not be returning. Actually, you're making an unfair comparison if you consider PITTY Hill to a show such as Frederick or Timonium. Like I said, even I won't be returning to the PITTY Hill show. One of the voices in my head says the promoter may not return.

I've been to Timonium shows about 4 times in the last 3 years....and the only thing worth while I ever bought was a 6940 from your shop as well.....I could save my entry fee and just drive over to your shop a few times a year to see what's in stock.

Just about every vendor at MD shows have show room prices. Maybe if I was looking for one particular gun it would be worth it to shop different stores at the same time. However I'm usually looking for a good deal instead of "got have X item".

I'm sure others have a good time...they just havent worked for me. Atleast the PA shows I can pick up some evil magazines.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Just a couple of comments.

I've been to the Timonium show twice, and currently live right around the corner from the fairgrounds, so it's not like I'm burning up much gas to go.

I will not go, probably ever again. No offense to any MDS members who might be there, but I find it to be a place packed with people who don't seem to understand the necessity for regular bathing or deodorant use, a place full of beef jerky, airsoft guns, and cheap knives that are too pricey. In addition, the prices you see on guns there are pretty much the exact prices you see at the same shops that have tables there....yet to visit one of the shops I don't have to plunk down $7 to get in. This is one of those things that I've never understood about gun shows....at other "shows" prices tend to be cheaper, not the same or more expensive. For example, I am an avid model builder, and at model shows the vendors area tends to have models that are cheaper, sometimes MUCH cheaper, b/c they know that you had probably had to drive far, paid an entry fee, had to buy lunch, etc., plus they don't want to repack all that merchandise.

Anyway, couple all of that with the inability to buy 20+ rd mags here in MD, and you won't catch me at another Maryland show....it's a 40 minute drive for me in Timonium to get up to York, so I'll just go to the next York show and put up with the stinky people and such to at least find some stuff I'm looking for.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Every Maryland gun show announcement is filled with bitching. (Yes, I'm bitching about others bitching). It's more annoying than nob questions about AR's. Next time a Md gun show announcement pops up you can't bitch if you already bitched here. One Md gun show bitch per year or you get banned.

tailboardtech

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2011
    upperco
    one thing i have to say and i was discussing it with someone at the Frederick show. i don't particularly care for the Maryland shows ether but if people stop going to them whats going to happen to them then? there going to disappear. then it may just become another tool for the anti 2A people to use against us

Mr H

Banana'd
    Every Maryland gun show announcement is filled with bitching. (Yes, I'm bitching about others bitching). It's more annoying than nob questions about AR's. Next time a Md gun show announcement pops up you can't bitch if you already bitched here. One Md gun show bitch per year or you get banned.

Good call!!!

:lol2:

I go to one a year at most, in each location that interests me (Timonium, York, PG, generally)... schedule dependent, of course.

I am generally not going for anything in particular, and have limited expectations for what I'm going to find.

IMO, folks can go to the shows, or kvetch. Or, go THEN kvetch. Just don't kvetch first.

Auckland

Get On My Horse
    Apr 6, 2008
    The Dena

What kind of AR should I buy at a Maryland gun show? Do they have 100 round drums there? :D

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007

should i get an ar15 or a mini-14?
    if an ar15 what caliber and what maker. please state all you dislikes and comments on the makers.
    thanks.:D

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    one thing i have to say and i was discussing it with someone at the Frederick show. i don't particularly care for the Maryland shows ether but if people stop going to them whats going to happen to them then? there going to disappear. then it may just become another tool for the anti 2A people to use against us

How so? They certainly won't be able to spout off their drivel about the infamous 'gun show loophole' then.

mdonzi

mdonzi
    Feb 26, 2010
    pasadena
    i pulled a few good deals on browing a5 from this show and other nice old guns allways worth the ride up 695 to spend few hrs with my son talking guns

Jan 9, 2012
    I've gone to MD shows. Some are better than others. I like going to see in person what I read about in the magazines; firearms and for lack of a better term-accessories. And I see firearms that aren't in the magazines. For me it's a good day out and better than the mall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom