• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RFL

Aug 15, 2022
    White Marsh,MD
    I recently purchased a Handgun about two ago. Can I purchase a Handgun at the Timonium Maryland Gun Show or do I have to wait 30 days? What are the rules? I am new to Gun shows.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Link? I dig brats, beer and oompah!
    +1

Someone needs to bribe, cajole, blackmail, or threaten the promoters of these events so that from now on we have joint German festivals/Gun shows sharing a large hall at Timonium from now on. Attendence would certainly pick up.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I will be there at the Monumental Rifle and Pistol Club/ Maryland State Rifle and Pistol Association table for awhile on Saturday and all day on Sunday for the show is weekend (10/15-10/16).

Always good to see members and MDS friends. Hope to see a few of you there.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I recently purchased a Handgun about two ago. Can I purchase a Handgun at the Timonium Maryland Gun Show or do I have to wait 30 days? What are the rules? I am new to Gun shows.
    Wait at least 3 ago or get a collectors license and forget limits.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    2 weeks , 2 months or 2 years ?

Yes , get Collector Letter . If you meant two weeks , you will likely get the Letter about the same time you hit 30 days .

However , if you spot something and reach a deal , if you give a 100% down payment , the dealer will probably hold it the extra 2 weeks for you .

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Yes two weeks ago.
    You need to wait 30 days

As other mentioned if you pay in full a dealer might hold it for you.

Submit your DC letter, you'll be exempt from the 30 day window forever.

Don't fall in to the media narrative that somehow laws are different because you're at a gun show. All laws apply, same as if you buy at a shop.

RFL

Aug 15, 2022
    White Marsh,MD
    You need to wait 30 days

As other mentioned if you pay in full a dealer might hold it for you.

Submit your DC letter, you'll be exempt from the 30 day window forever.

Don't fall in to the media narrative that somehow laws are different because you're at a gun show. All laws apply, same as if you buy at a shop.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Ok thanks for the info. Also what about prices? Do they have great deals on used guns? What’s special about gun shows?
    You get to meet RoadDawg, if that’s not reason enough, I don’t know what is.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Ok thanks for the info. Also what about prices? Do they have great deals on used guns? What’s special about gun shows?
    Special. Well it's supposed to be a place where you can look at the inventory of many dealers at once. Pricing isn't normally anything special at least at Maryland area shows. For me it's been more about putting my hands on many different items in one place if I choose. Occasionally you find used gems.

Timonium tends to be more on the flea market side.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Special. Well it's supposed to be a place where you can look at the inventory of many dealers at once. Pricing isn't normally anything special at least at Maryland area shows. For me it's been more about putting my hands on many different items in one place if I choose. Occasionally you find used gems.

^^ This.

Plus, you'll be in proximity to Andy Nelson's, so you'll have that going for you, which is nice.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009

That , and a smattering of private individuals selling pop's old stuff they inherited , or thining their collection of old stuff and accessories .

You get to mingle with a room full of fellow gun people , and visit with MDS'ers at the booths of MSRPA , Monumental Gun Club , and MSI .

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    I always forget the company name and even have his card somewhere but usually decent ammo prices at the table right before you go into the main room. Not smoking deals but reasonable and he has a nice selection. Defensive ammo included.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Ammo Jon has a new supply of penetrators:

1665777710332.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members