• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Diek

Feb 13, 2015
    Baltimore
    The last show in Jan. was a little underwhelming. As my girlfriend says, i can always find at least one thing that i'll like in a store, no matter how small, but not all the same people from the november show were there. Can always buy spare parts :)

Robert2888

Nov 5, 2013
    Westmoreland,VA
    Being that I have never bought a handgun at a gun show in MD, do you do the paperwork there and then go pick it up at the shop after it comes back? Thanks

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    Will be interesting to see how much people will see xm855 or ZQI SS109 will be priced at this show. The persons/dealers selling it, bought it at DSG or Walmart pricing if not cheaper and now will want you to pay double or triple that..........Lol

Its already happening over on ARFCOM classifieds...............lol

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    It'd have to be at least $.50 a round. I wouldn't be surprised to see $.60 and up...

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Will be interesting to see how much people will see xm855 or ZQI SS109 will be priced at this show. The persons/dealers selling it, bought it at DSG or Walmart pricing if not cheaper and now will want you to pay double or triple that..........Lol

XM855 was $600/1000 at the York show. Almost double what it was before the rumored ban.

That was from the same ammo dealer that is always in the lobby at the Timonium show.

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    It'd have to be at least $.50 a round. I wouldn't be surprised to see $.60 and up...

I will be buying ZQI 7.62x51 for .50 cents around @ Walmart Long before I will spend that much on any type of xm855 or xm193 at those prices.

But that is Capitalism at it's best and someone will always pay what is being asked.

Truthlesshero81

Sep 30, 2011
    I don't understand people who have the mentality that "it's a gun show, therefore it must be cheaper". In the last 6 years I've never found ammo at a gun show cheaper then online. I've also hardly ever seen any accessories cheaper than online too.

Alderleet

Always, Sometimes.
    Sep 25, 2013
    AA
    I'll be going there for some misc M14 parts.

I need a handful of spindle valves, for a suppressor port sizing idea I have.

And castle nut pliers that are made out of something better than aluminum foil.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

It's happening in our classifieds.

150 rounds for 105 bucks. .70 per round.

DSG: .33 per round.

Gotta love gun folks who look after gun folks.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Generally, the ammo I have gotten at shows was obscure stuff that runs my milsurps that factoring in shipping, it was cheaper at the show in smaller quantities. (Mauser, Mosin, Mak etc)
    Once I saw 9mm that was Walmart priced when Walmart and other places had no 9mm.

You WILL see 22LR there, but it won't be pricing at Walmart/BassPro/Dicks which stock is hit/miss. It will be about 20-30% ++ higher. BUT, if you don't want to hunt around stores, it will be there if you want it. If you don't want it, don't buy it.

I don't see 300BLK at stores, just see that at shows.

For realoaders, I Don't know about Timmonium but the HoCo show, I often find primers there at prices lower than any local store including BassPro (which has raised its prices on primers)

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Some types of dealers (ie Ammo) get the cold shoulder from the Show Promoters. What's that all about? Do they play favorites?
    Based on my experience they are just rumors. I don't know any of these promotors personally and am failrly sure that I am not on anyone's invite list and have never had an issue getting a table at HoCo or Timonium. I'm not a dealer, just a private seller, but still no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom