• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Just got back from a 9-1:30 stint at the MSI booth. The show was way off volume wise, but that's not surprising as it has dropped a little each time over the last two years.

Worked the MSI table with DCW, Brooklyn, and Shafted, and finally met Road Dawg in person. Also so Yoshi and his son, as well as few others. Spoke with lots of interested people, and signed up quite a few on our email/information list.

Interesting conversation with former Baltimore County Sheriff Norman M. Peppersack. He says he was the former Commander of the MSP licensing division from '72 through '84, or thereabouts, but said he is very supportive of what MSI is trying to do. He didn't have anything good to say about OweMalley, FSA 2013, etc.

Spoke to a fine retired marine, with 2 tours in Vietnam, who wanted to by a pistol but doesn't have his HQL. One of the firearms dealers sent him our way to try an explain the BS hurdles that even our veterans are faced with. :mad54:

Mr H

Banana'd
    Just got back from a 9-1:30 stint at the MSI booth. The show was way off volume wise, but that's not surprising as it has dropped a little each time over the last two years.

Worked the MSI table with DCW, Brooklyn, and Shafted, and finally met Road Dawg in person. Also so Yoshi and his son, as well as few others. Spoke with lots of interested people, and signed up quite a few on our email/information list.

Interesting conversation with former Baltimore County Sheriff Norman M. Peppersack. He says he was the former Commander of the MSP licensing division from '72 through '84, or thereabouts, but said he is very supportive of what MSI is trying to do. He didn't have anything good to say about OweMalley, FSA 2013, etc.

Spoke to a fine retired marine, with 2 tours in Vietnam, who wanted to by a pistol but doesn't have his HQL. One of the firearms dealers sent him our way to try an explain the BS hurdles that even our veterans are faced with. :mad54:

re: bold...

This is the real bonus to MSI being out in the community. Providing quality information about the byzantine maze of crap MD has put in place is the most important function anyone can provide.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Had a pretty good day despite the low show turnout. Had excellent conversations with many folks, and even had a good number of new members and tons of folks signed up to stay informed via our e-mail list. Dealers were sending folks over who didn't know about the HQL and had questions about the status of things in the state -- VERY COOL.

PLENTY of people thankful for MSI and others sticking in the fight and many were interested in helping out.

All and all, I'd say we had some of the best interactions with folks here than at any of the events I've been a part of -- all this despite the show otherwise being quiet.

---

A Vortex Spitfire 3x followed me home. Dunno how that happened.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010

Worked the MSI table with DCW, Brooklyn, and Shafted, and finally met RoadDawg in person. Also so Yoshi and his son, as well as few others. Spoke with lots of interested people, and signed up quite a few on our email/information list.

Good to meet you and to see others I have met at prior shows and events. Yes the show was a bit quiet... But it was fairly steady with traffic.

cogcon

COGCON
    MDS Supporter

Retired military don't need a HQL.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Retired military don't need a HQL.

Apparently he did. I didn't say he needed it, he and the selling dealer agreed he did before he ever got to us. Apparently there was a seperation or ID issue? I didn't ask. He just asked how to get one. I told him he ought to be training exempt at the very least, and explained the process.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    This show has always been an underachiever. Too many things to do this time of the year. Way too many options for the weekend.

Colder weather will bring in the crowds. There are no shortages or scares happening at this time, so there is no urgency to find anything. No Dems putting out any new Bills that are scary.

Also, just think of your spending over the last year. I'm sure everyone is using their disposable income for other things besides ammo and firearms. Vacation time is also here, not a good time to tell the wife you just spent a grand on a new rifle.

Things will improve once the weather gets colder.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    The heat was apparently killer yesterday. Our neighboring dealer told us it was worse than a sauna in there and they didn't fire up the AC til the afternoon. Said she had customers that were sweating through their shirts. I figure those folks told others to stay away.

95 degree day + poorly cooled building = danger.

JMB45

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 23, 2014
    Maryland
    Does anyone know if the vendor on the right side corner, near the men's toilet has a store here in MD? They had racks of C&R rifles and one contained a British Enfield that I was interested in getting. I was there on Saturday but never made it back on Sunday for the British Enfield because of the heat.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Does anyone know if the vendor on the right side corner, near the men's toilet has a store here in MD? They had racks of C&R rifles and one contained a British Enfield that I was interested in getting. I was there on Saturday but never made it back on Sunday for the British Enfield because of the heat.

Brownstone Trading Company in Westminster.

putneyswope

Dismember
    Aug 7, 2010
    Does anyone recall what shop was in the back right area with all the modern rifles and pistols? They were in the row between the ancient surplus gear and the Chinese pocket knife dealers...

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Does anyone recall what shop was in the back right area with all the modern rifles and pistols? They were in the row between the ancient surplus gear and the Chinese pocket knife dealers...

MOPAR may be able to answer that... IIRC, it was the one where I was looking at the Glock 42.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom