• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitey

Collector and involved.
    Apr 5, 2014
    Central MD
    Yes, your run of the mill M16 is in that price range. Now find me a US Property marked BRAND NEW UNFIRED for that price and I will buy them all day long:D

No disrespect intended, but make sure you know the market before slamming someone on their prices, as I said in my previous post the seller is at the top of the market for it for sure. I also know most are willing to bargain some too

I remember 15-20 years ago at the Timonium show a C&R M2, watercooled, with anti-aircraft mount, beltfed that claimed to be actually at the Pearl Harbor attack was for sale for $20,000. C&R!

My dad and I thought that was crazy, as M2s were going for less than half of that at the time. Dad should have broke out the checkbook for that one!

-Whitey

rifelman

Aug 7, 2008
    Calvert County
    Star B Interest

You and I may have to get together for a range trip to try it out, I already have the same pistol in the Starvel finish that I think shoots great, so the nice trigger was no surprise. I was fingering the Star B's that Lou had today and they had nice triggers as well, may pick one of those at the next show.

:gun2:

Hi, what was the story on the Star Bs at Lou's table, if you know?

Clutch

Jan 10, 2013
    Severn
    It was crazy that these were anywhere near $850 when a NIB Czechpoint VZ-58 is only $200 more from an IP.

I went to this show, saw a good mix of nice stuff at Shooters Discount and South Carroll, but the rest of the show wasn't anything special. Went to Duffys and bought a VZ-58 afterward. It was a good day.

what does Duffy's have for VZ.58's?

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I'll let someone else dig up the old threads, but in short...

Started as someone with really good prices and building a following
    He played games and embarrassed people to try to force his way into becoming an IP
    Got told to wait and follow the process
    Tried to sue DD214 to get his way
    All true, but still has best prices around.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Hi, what was the story on the Star Bs at Lou's table, if you know?

Lou had 1 Star B in a green parkized finish for about $445 and 2 Blued Star B Supers for about $370, the Super B I looked at had a better trigger than the regular Star B, I may have try to scrape together some more gun money for the Frederick show.
    :innocent0

rifelman

Aug 7, 2008
    Calvert County
    Lou had 1 Star B in a green parkized finish for about $445 and 2 Blued Star B Supers for about $370, the Super B I looked at had a better trigger than the regular Star B, I may have try to scrape together some more gun money for the Frederick show.

Hey, thanks a bunch

redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    I went on sunday. It was an ok show. I came home with some match 308 ammo. I never understand what some venders are thinking. I saw some old .308 ammo that the box looked like someone ran it over marked for $30. Yet across the room was brand new match ammo marked for $24 to $28.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl

One should never ever dry fire a star B! Their firing pins break easily!!!!!!

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I went on sunday. It was an ok show. I came home with some match 308 ammo. I never understand what some venders are thinking. I saw some old .308 ammo that the box looked like someone ran it over marked for $30. Yet across the room was brand new match ammo marked for $24 to $28.

Right, 20 year old box of ammo, ridiculous price. Obviously the type that has no problem boxing it back up, and proudly showing it off at the next show.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Right, 20 year old box of ammo, ridiculous price. Obviously the type that has no problem boxing it back up, and proudly showing it off at the next show.

Some of that old ammo is good to great stuff. For example I know that the South African and Malaysian mil surp is very close to being match ammo minus the match designation.

Of course there's also 'tards that buy and sell at panic prices not realizing the market has softened.

Whitey

Collector and involved.
    Apr 5, 2014
    Central MD
    Some of that old ammo is good to great stuff. For example I know that the South African and Malaysian mil surp is very close to being match ammo minus the match designation.

Of course there's also 'tards that buy and sell at panic prices not realizing the market has softened.

Second. The SA and Maylay ammo is awesome! I know this from experience. Unfortunately it has been a bit pricey for years.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

That's not a runned over look.

That's "Panteena".

redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    The stuff I was referring to was more like cheap remington or winchester hunting ammo. It probably was $10 a box when it was new

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom