• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • notfast

Sep 3, 2012
    Bel Air, MD
    It's $8. I've spent more parking at worse places.

I agree so I went.

In an out in less than 30 mins...complete waste. I'll stick to PA gun shows for obvious reasons but I will still never understand the prices people have.

I understand the need to make a profit but pricing readily available parts/guns at 20-50% over the average price is ridiculous.

The $300 Stevens 320 made me legitimately laugh out loud.

blackcrow

Jun 18, 2012
    While I've had issues with the promoter in general, he's always been decent enough to me.

Sorry you had to go through that.

He may well be, all he had to say was excuse me sir I am so and so and please stop handing out coupons. I would have been cooperative but to have someone behind you ordering you to stop without identifying themselves, well it did not sit well with me. A 3 dollar loss at the door for them not much. Venders lose if they had parts or ammo I was looking for myself and a friend.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Went to the show and didn't see much that really interested me and some of the prices, on handguns especially, were nuts. Saw a standard Glock 19 for $640 and nearly fainted. I spent more time looking at Precision Firearms table than anywhere else. Their prices aren't cheap but their products are good. I did see a new vendor I hadn't heard of before called Hanover Armory that apparently makes AR uppers. Not sure what the parts were in them but they were prices on par with something you'd get at Palmetto.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Went to the show and didn't see much that really interested me and some of the prices, on handguns especially, were nuts. Saw a standard Glock 19 for $640 and nearly fainted. I spent more time looking at Precision Firearms table than anywhere else. Their prices aren't cheap but their products are good. I did see a new vendor I hadn't heard of before called Hanover Armory that apparently makes AR uppers. Not sure what the parts were in them but they were prices on par with something you'd get at Palmetto.

They've been around for awhile now. I think they were at the last Howard County show.

38super

Jan 8, 2016
    Montgomery County
    I am glad that I saved a trip. I went to the last show in Jan. and there was not much there, high prices on used guns and at least 4 different jerky dealers.

S&W19

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I was there at about 9:05,had 2 extra dollar off coupons for friends that could not make it. I gave one to a guy heading in and waited for a person wearing clothing of being a veteran and using a walker heading to bldg. A voice with a attitude and challenging tone told me not to be handing out coupons. I told him that I had a couple for friends who did not make it as I handed one to the old veteran. He asked for my last one and I said no that was mine. He said then go inside and I headed for door and said I would check out his lousy show or something along those lines. He said don't bother going then I could just leave which I did. I then returned and asked for his name which he refused and said he would call police if I did not leave. Sorry for being so winded but I will not be attending any shows these people are involved with.

Wow! I usually go to Timonium because it's close to where I live. I couldn't make it this weekend even though I intended to. Now I'm glad I didn't.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Until gun owners flat out refuse to attend these shows, they will remain awful.

And to those who say we must support the gun industry, ask yourself this. How much support are gun owners getting when gun shops are asking MSRP+++?

It's one thing to make a profit, but sucker pricing is inexcusable.

Send a message. Stop going.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    I go to a MD show every few years to see if they have gotten any better. So far, they've gotten worse. This one was allllllllmost as bad as the last Annapolis Armory one I went to. Almost.

Last edited:

Mr H

Banana'd
    Until gun owners flat out refuse to attend these shows, they will remain awful.

And to those who say we must support the gun industry, ask yourself this. How much support are gun owners getting when gun shops are asking MSRP+++?

It's one thing to make a profit, but sucker pricing is inexcusable.

Send a message. Stop going.

I've always believed that supporting the shows, regardless, was the better choice, but I am rethinking that.

The other point I think can be made is to--without being asses--call out the several dealers who abuse the opportunity.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I'd like to see the decent vendors policing the offending vendors.

The decent vendors are the ones who are suffering.

Or the show promoter should call them out.

My last show was Howard County Fairgrounds in '14. I will attend the Antique Show for the history.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I went on Saturday and as it was my first, I really have nothing to compare it to. I wandered around for a bit without seeing what I was looking for and was headed to the door when I saw one dealer I hadn't checked out and they had what I was looking for. I talked to one of their salesmen for a while and left with a decision to make about which gun to get. I hope to stop by their shop this week and order a gun.

I think that maybe there is a problem with shows in general. I remember years ago going to the computer shows at the fairgrounds, but I think that those are all but gone now. Also, I used to try to always hit up the Greater Baltimore Hamboree hamfest. The last few years that I went it was getting smaller and smaller. I remember a couple years they had so much tailgating going on that they filled up the main parking area at the fairgrounds and they were parking people on the infield of the horse track. I tried looking to see if they were having it this year, but it didn't look like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom