• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    bought and installed a timney in my 700 and wow what a difference. BUT, when the rifle is loaded with actual ammo vs dry fire, trigger is not as light and nice. is there anything i have to or should do to/with the bolt to get back to that awesome dry fire trigger pull? or do i have have to lighten up the timney even more so that when the gun is loaded i'll still have a nice pull?

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Have either one of you used a scale to check the pull weight of live round vs. fake round trigger pulls? Or are you just going by feel?

If you're just going by feel, getting behind a rifle and squeezing a trigger with a live round in the chamber always feels like a heavier trigger pull. In my opinion, it comes from trying to squeeze the trigger while simultaneously keeping the sights/crosshairs on the target. More mental than physical.

We don't do that when we're dry firing. We're just pulling the trigger.

If you don't have a trigger scale, get one. Lyman makes a great digital scale.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    while that is an interesting concept, pretty sure that isn't the case with me. my dry fire includes aiming at "targets" so i'm doing everything the same dry or hot. but i will try to measure just for yucks.

tmd99

Aug 22, 2015
    Frederick
    If it is a timney 510 or 512, can't you reduce the weight to get where you like. Those go down to 1.5 lbs don't they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom