• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    We have a 3 year plan to leave Maryland, but due to some recent comparable sales of homes in our area, the wife and I are considering putting the house up for sale in the spring and move into a rental house so we can get the most out of this house as possible. We also have a few projects to knock out first so that will take a few months but the biggest issue at this time is what to do with my firearm collection? I am not so much worried about taking the handguns, but I have literally tons of rifles to deal with.

Also, we plan to stay in the same school district until we finally leave the state, so we are not going to go far for now.

Do I sell the majority of the rifles and then just keep the "must haves", or put them all in some kind of storage?

A1 Uniform Sales has available warehouse space and I am sure they can help you. Don't sell unless you absolutely have to.

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    Can you afford to rent an indoor temperature controlled storage unit and put a safe in it to keep your firearms in? My BIL did that and it worked out just fine.

SCDoGo

Dec 6, 2014
    id need a lot of safes

or maybe just one?

aEomNF4.jpg

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Take your rifles to a gun dealer that consigns them....put an astronomical price on them...till you find your new place. If some idiot pays for the astronomical price you win....if it doesnt sell you win since you get them "stored":D

If any are handguns, you may need a HQL to get them back? Correct me if I'm wrong. If 3 of them are handguns can you get them all back at once or do you have to wait?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Economy and real estate market are terrible, all the naysayers here were right all along. :sad20:

Our house went active at 6PM on Wednesday night (8/26), ratified contract by 5PM Sunday, first and only people to look. Officially 5 Days on the market, sounds like a depressed market for sure. :rolleyes:

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Economy and real estate market are terrible, all the naysayers here were right all along. :sad20:

Our house went active at 6PM on Wednesday night (8/26), ratified contract by 5PM Sunday, first and only people to look. Officially 5 Days on the market, sounds like a depressed market for sure. :rolleyes:

I just reread the whole thread and I didn't see anyone mention the real estate market :shrug:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    The whole forum? People have been saying it for over a year now, with no evidence other than what they heard or saw on the news. YS mentioned it, said by the looks of things the market has improved faster/sooner than they anticipated. Not likely someone will call him a liar in THIS thread, but, it's a common theme throughout lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom