Tide Change in Annapolis... VERY Interesting...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • This does seem like some very good news. I've emailed several times with Del. Szeliga she does seem to have a pretty good head on her shoulders. You surely can't say that about most of maryland's liberal politicians.

"After a meeting that dragged on more than two hours, Republicans also replaced House Minority Whip Jeannie Haddaway-Riccio, from the Middle Eastern Shore, with Harford County Del. Kathy Szeliga."

Del. Kathy Szeliga.
    I BELIEVE IN...
    Lower taxes and fiscal responsibility
    Smaller government
    Cutting government waste
    Transparency in government
    The value of each life at all ages, beginning with the unborn
    The important role of education in the American Dream
    Equal rights and personal responsibility
    Traditional family values
    The right to bear arms
    Supporting small business
    Upholding the Constitution

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    i believe by removing tony odonell from his position that they have removed a real friend of the constitution and especially the second amendment from a top spot. i would like to know the logic in that.

rh92

Mar 2, 2013
    Rockville
    This does seem like some very good news. I've emailed several times with Del. Szeliga she does seem to have a pretty good head on her shoulders. You surely can't say that about most of maryland's liberal politicians.

"After a meeting that dragged on more than two hours, Republicans also replaced House Minority Whip Jeannie Haddaway-Riccio, from the Middle Eastern Shore, with Harford County Del. Kathy Szeliga."

Del. Kathy Szeliga.
    I BELIEVE IN...
    Smaller government
    Cutting government waste
    The right to bear arms

:party29:

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    Any time you speak of tide and annapolis I just remember the smell of low tide in the summer.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Well now that I actually got a chance to read the stinkin' article...

What does this change really mean? To someone that hasn't been up on politics long, all it looks to me is one name got switched out for another. What's the significance of it?

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Kipke and Szeliga, IMO, are much 'closer to the ground' on issues such as taxation, 2A, and have been very good solid friends to us this session.

Every time I've been down there this year, I have seen one or both of them moving about the crowds, talking to folks, and expressing their staunch support.

Are there other issues they might not be so good on? Likely... but if enough people say something, they will at least listen.

The only person I would think (purely from a 2A perspective) might be more solid as ML would be Steve Schuh... but that might be something for later.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Kipke and Szeliga, IMO, are much 'closer to the ground' on issues such as taxation, 2A, and have been very good solid friends to us this session.

Every time I've been down there this year, I have seen one or both of them moving about the crowds, talking to folks, and expressing their staunch support.

Are there other issues they might not be so good on? Likely... but if enough people say something, they will at least listen.

The only person I would think (purely from a 2A perspective) might be more solid as ML would be Steve Schuh... but that might be something for later.

Were the previous guys just big gov't RINO's or something?

I do agree that "getting the message out" is the biggest problem for the R-party (or just all the non-D parties in general). Bringing in (and possibly creating some new) libertarian-minded people could be a great thing for us if it can be done.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    I wouldn't call them RINOs...

I think there was (from the talk of the "battle" in the room) a real conscious effort of the Rs to accept the momentum we generated this session, and run with it. Old guard didn't likely agree, and the new blood won out.

Just my guess.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    I had a couple of nice conversations with Kathy Szeliga in between sessions of the Platform/Rules Committee at the RNC Convention last year. She does indeed seem to have a good head on her shoulders. I am comfortable with the move having met her. I also believe she used to be Andy Harris's campaign manager.

This does seem like some very good news. I've emailed several times with Del. Szeliga she does seem to have a pretty good head on her shoulders. You surely can't say that about most of maryland's liberal politicians.

Del. Kathy Szeliga.
    I BELIEVE IN...
    Smaller government
    Cutting government waste
    The right to bear arms

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Topic cleaned up for relevance to the 2A.

Thanks joppaj. I was trying SO hard to keep from responding to a few of those posts. I guess you made the decision for me. ;)

I wouldn't call them RINOs...

I think there was (from the talk of the "battle" in the room) a real conscious effort of the Rs to accept the momentum we generated this session, and run with it. Old guard didn't likely agree, and the new blood won out.

Just my guess.

Hmm. Seems odd to resist that. What we did in Annapolis this session was incredible, why sacrifice that momentum?

Hopefully these "new guys" will be able to make a really big deal about taxes so we can bring in support from the folks who are apatheitc about the 2A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom