• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    If you want seafood they say Mays has the best steamed crabs.
    Downtown is all kinds of food. Brewers Alley is good.

Just stay away from the Golden mile and you will be safe.

:thumbsup: Mays Seafood . :thumbsup:all ya can eat...
    Mays all you can eat Dungeon Crab legs meaty and sweet..

Ruby Tuesdays on Rt. 85 if Daniel is back in the kitchen he makes some awesome ribs...meat falls off the bone, I always ask if he is there..it doesn't matter ..dry rub..bbq..etc..I just ask if he is there and when I order I just tell them ..."whatever" he wants to do.

Red Lobster on Rt. 40..been going there since 95... if Donnie is in the kitchen... awesome stuffed lobster ..blackened...12oz NY strip steak med rare ..blackened
    Crab Alfredo ..blackened... as you can tell I like my food spicy

Jug Bridge Seafood...if open... Kevin (part owner) makes a awesome filet mignon with lump crab meat on top with a brown gravy...

and something simple ..Double TT diner.. by FSK mall.. know everyone there
    good food, large servings...

Yes I know the people by name ...and yes they take care of me..but also I have eaten at other places that people have mentioned as being good and have tried them..they are not that great..and many will say that the above are bad also.. but if you get to know the people.. you would be surprised, and several of the places that I say are not good have gone back in several times and the food still is not that great..

-Rock

Rugbier

Jul 19, 2010
    MD
    Couple of months ago, we went to the outlets south of HaggyTown, and on the way back ( due to a nasty accident we took the detour of Rt40, awful bumper2bumper, so to make it short, we stopped at Carrabas , not bad ( a little overpriced for what you get, but good nonetheless

Thanks for the replies, was suppose to meet a friend that lives in Martinsburg. Plans have been postponed.

Hell man you should have met there, Gentlemen’s Clubs abound and titty bars on every other corner. And then there are the girls of Martinsburg some of the finest to ever walk the hard streets. A Lot of the bar’s/eateries have slot’s that pay off. So in reality you can drink, eat, gamble, and get laid without ever leaving a place. Just stop at Micky Dee’s on the way into town and pick-up some bags for their heads. Unless you like the summer tooth look, you know some are missing here some are missing there. As an added bonus you could have open carried the entire evening.

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    Hell man you should have met there, Gentlemen’s Clubs abound and titty bars on every other corner. And then there are the girls of Martinsburg some of the finest to ever walk the hard streets. A Lot of the bar’s/eateries have slot’s that pay off. So in reality you can drink, eat, gamble, and get laid without ever leaving a place. Just stop at Micky Dee’s on the way into town and pick-up some bags for their heads. Unless you like the summer tooth look, you know some are missing here some are missing there. As an added bonus you could have open carried the entire evening.

I thought that but then didn't post it. You thought and followed through. :lol2:

wgpklaus

Nov 21, 2008
    Yea and the crime rate here is climbing just a quick as the population, do yourself and your friend a favor avoid RT 40 West, aka “The Golden Mile/ Little Tijuana”. Not sure about downtown eating we don’t venture into Frederick City too often, sounds like Calengor has it scoped pretty good, but I will second VOLT the place is fantastic! If you hit VOLT try the Longenecker farm rabbit, Chef Bryan Voltaggio is about the best thing to hit this place in years. :party29:

I'll second the Volt recommendation, the food is outstanding! and I believe priced very fair for what you're getting, especially when compared to similar restaurants in and around DC.

I believe I heard Bryan was on a tv show recently??

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    I'll second the Volt recommendation, the food is outstanding! and I believe priced very fair for what you're getting, especially when compared to similar restaurants in and around DC.

I believe I heard Bryan was on a tv show recently??

Yes, he was the runner up on last season's Top Chef. His brother was the winner. He also threw out the opening pitch at the Key's game on Tuesday and had a concession stand there (the line was about 2 hours long).

:thumbsup: Mays Seafood . :thumbsup:all ya can eat...
    Mays all you can eat Dungeon Crab legs meaty and sweet..

Ruby Tuesdays on Rt. 85 if Daniel is back in the kitchen he makes some awesome ribs...meat falls off the bone, I always ask if he is there..it doesn't matter ..dry rub..bbq..etc..I just ask if he is there and when I order I just tell them ..."whatever" he wants to do.

Red Lobster on Rt. 40..been going there since 95... if Donnie is in the kitchen... awesome stuffed lobster ..blackened...12oz NY strip steak med rare ..blackened
    Crab Alfredo ..blackened... as you can tell I like my food spicy

Jug Bridge Seafood...if open... Kevin (part owner) makes a awesome filet mignon with lump crab meat on top with a brown gravy...

and something simple ..Double TT diner.. by FSK mall.. know everyone there
    good food, large servings...

Yes I know the people by name ...and yes they take care of me..but also I have eaten at other places that people have mentioned as being good and have tried them..they are not that great..and many will say that the above are bad also.. but if you get to know the people.. you would be surprised, and several of the places that I say are not good have gone back in several times and the food still is not that great..

-Rock

There's no accounting for taste, everyone likes different things. That said, if it takes having to know people in the kitchen to get good food, I'd rather stick to restaurants that IMHO put out good food every time regardless of who I know or don't know. If someone wants to go to a chain restaurant, they can just stay in their own town and go there, I don't see the point in coming to Frederick to go to a Red Lobster, but then again, that's one of the reasons we moved downtown, to be near all the restaurants, shops, and baker park/the dog park.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    There's no accounting for taste, everyone likes different things. That said, if it takes having to know people in the kitchen to get good food, I'd rather stick to restaurants that IMHO put out good food every time regardless of who I know or don't know. If someone wants to go to a chain restaurant, they can just stay in their own town and go there, I don't see the point in coming to Frederick to go to a Red Lobster, but then again, that's one of the reasons we moved downtown, to be near all the restaurants, shops, and baker park/the dog park.

Taken out of context..I just got to know them... That's all...things that others may find good or great may not appeal to some..I know them because I ask who cooked the meal...as I do in all restaurants if the meal is good.. or otherwise... a little appreciation goes a long way...and how many people do that? so I ask if they are there, as a regular in some places...if you continue to go into several places constantly..then they begin to know you..as far as Red Lobster it's the people that work there, whether or not "I" get special treatment is really not the point...it's the people whether the bartender,hostess,people in the kitchen... Just like Double T I will drive to Ellicott City, why to see some people that work there that I have became friends with.. crazy ..maybe..but that's me.. also in some cases the "little hole in the wall" places have the best food...depends what you look for in a restaurant...good food, high/low prices,stocked bar with high end beer /alcohol, good/bad service, and atmosphere? just an opinion.

We all have our favorite spots..and why do we choose them?

-Rock

psoyring

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2010
    Brunswick MD
    When I first moved here about 10 years ago, Montgomery County was the creme de la creme and their schools were rated best in the state. Now half the kids in those schools don't speak English and they are not even in the top ten counties in the state as ranked by test scores. Anyhow, I had some pretty bad food at Red Lobster, nowadays even Chinese buffets can do better seafood than Red Lobster IMO.

cmecha

Feb 10, 2009
    When I first moved here about 10 years ago, Montgomery County was the creme de la creme and their schools were rated best in the state. Now half the kids in those schools don't speak English and they are not even in the top ten counties in the state as ranked by test scores. Anyhow, I had some pretty bad food at Red Lobster, nowadays even Chinese buffets can do better seafood than Red Lobster IMO.

went to mo.co. public when i was in high school graduated and moved up to Frederick. seems like crime is going up in the area but downtown is still nice.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Last time I was at Brewers Alley (been awhile), on thursday nights they had $13 1 1/4 lb lobster, or surf and turf with a steak (forget what kind/size) for like $22. great deal.

Also Barley and Hops has good burgers.

thier burgers and beer are about it though.
    I took my boss, his boss, some co-workers and some manufacturer reps there and it sucked and I felt like shit because I highly recommended it. It had been many years since I had been there and the food was good then, maybe I had a burger.:) I'm speaking of Barley and Hops of course

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom