• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    sold out

$539 seems like a hell of a good price for a complete upper with a DD barrel and NiB BCG.

Yeah I jumped on the deal and got one last night, I wasnt posting it as a deal but wanting to get some input on if I got a good buy. I kind of bought it on a whim because it looked like a good deal but really don't have enough experience to know for sure other than what I have read. Anyone have one of these or some of its components?

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    I was planning on going with the RRA Mid Length Complete upper with a 1/9 twist and chrome lined barrel for $610. However this one has a NiB BCG which from what I have read is better and it also has a 1/7 twist plus it was actually about 70 bucks cheaper. Did I make the right choice?

svana

NRA Life Member
    Dec 28, 2012
    Sterling, VA
    Hell of a buy! $540 for a complete upper, $150 for a lower, $60 for a LPK, $100 for a buffer tube kit and stock, that's a pretty sweet rifle for right around $800...

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    Got mine when they were $500 shipped. Haven't shot it yet.

Attachments

• DSCN0430.JPG
      DSCN0430.JPG
      62.5 KB · Views: 286

Leviathan

Jun 14, 2012
    I've always wondered that about the Aim uppers myself. They seem to be a good value & list all quality parts. Just wondering how they compared to comapnies like BCM in reliability and durability. I read on here guys say it quite often, if hard pressed they'd bet their life on a BCM. Could the same be said for AIM?

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I've always wondered that about the Aim uppers myself. They seem to be a good value & list all quality parts. Just wondering how they compared to comapnies like BCM in reliability and durability. I read on here guys say it quite often, if hard pressed they'd bet their life on a BCM. Could the same be said for AIM?

The whole thing with BCM is that they've been around for a pretty good while now and they have a proven track record. They never ship sub standard parts and their customer service is top notch.

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    To my surprise I got the shipping confirmation email on Friday and my upper should arrive on Tuesday. When I ordered it say it could take a week or two to ship out, but it was less than 24 hours. I will def order from AIM again.

Thanks guys for all the input, I think I got a good deal in terms of quality and price. Especially in the current market.

Leviathan

Jun 14, 2012
    The whole thing with BCM is that they've been around for a pretty good while now and they have a proven track record. They never ship sub standard parts and their customer service is top notch.

So you're saying in terms of quality they are the same? I posed the question here before but never got a satifactory response. I'm shopping around for an upper currently and these seem to come in stock quicker than the BCM's I had my eyes on. If it's on par I may as well go this route.

mward

Ultimate Member
    Dec 4, 2009
    Annapolis
    So you're saying in terms of quality they are the same? I posed the question here before but never got a satifactory response. I'm shopping around for an upper currently and these seem to come in stock quicker than the BCM's I had my eyes on. If it's on par I may as well go this route.

BCM is top tier. You can get a BCM+CH+Complete Upper for about $6-700.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011

Nope. I'm not saying that at all. I can't speak for the upper posted in this thread because I don't know about it. I can speak for BCM's quality because I've used their products and their products are held to a high standard within the carbine community. There's a reason why BCM rifles hold their value so well and that's because everyone knows what they're getting with BCM which is a high quality battle tested rifle. If you asked anyone to list the top 5 companies in the AR business, BCM would be in that list 95% of the time.

Unodeuce

Feb 22, 2013
    Rising Sun, MD
    Looks like a good upper and the price is excellent.

I signed up to be notified when they come back in stock.

I signed up and got the call yesterday. Didn't see the text on my phone utill about 2 hrs later. I looked at the web site and it said that "sign up for notification". Crap, back on the list.:sad20: But wait there is more:party29: Called the number they gave me on the text and the lady said they sold out in about 15min. She checked and they still had five more put together ready to go out. Mine should ship out next Monday. I told her, I guess it pays to call sometimes and her response was, yea it does, thank you for your order.

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    I signed up and got the call yesterday. Didn't see the text on my phone utill about 2 hrs later. I looked at the web site and it said that "sign up for notification". Crap, back on the list.:sad20: But wait there is more:party29: Called the number they gave me on the text and the lady said they sold out in about 15min. She checked and they still had five more put together ready to go out. Mine should ship out next Monday. I told her, I guess it pays to call sometimes and her response was, yea it does, thank you for your order.

congrats, I would have never thought to call. I received mine thursday and everything looks good. I order the 80% kit from PSA and a LBK, I also have 2 NFA polys that have been in jail for 45 days now so hopefully I wont have to wait for too much longer. I also ordered 2 seekins forged lowers that should be arriving for their lock up time to start this week.

As the BCM, I haven't heard one bad thing about them. I am planning on building two, and I have decided on a BCM for my second build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom