• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Funny, I bought the 43x as my “Goldilocks” ccw. Used to carry a Glock 19 or a 26. Carried the 43x almost every chance I could carry this past year. Then I wanted to give the 26 some love. Now I’m back to carrying the 26. The shorter grip is what does it for me.

Unless you modify the 43x to fit your needs, your better off carrying what works best for YOU.

Tod

MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    I went through the same thought process.
    They did great work, very happy with the results. I like that the slide is matched to the lower.
    If you go with the shield mags, realize you need to swap out the mag release.
    The new mag release will tend to chew up the OEM mags. I stuck with OEM, easier to buy. Unfortunately I realized that after I bought the shield mags.
    I also put a mag well on the grip, that alleviated the grip issue.
    Good luck

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I'd keep it and ditch the stock sights, if you haven't already.
    I wouldn't start adding to the size of my carry pistol with dot or light.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    View attachment 447292

Palmetto now has full micro guns for cheap and comped slides. I picked up this one to dink around with and it does make a fairly noticeable difference when shooting fast.
    View attachment 447293
    View attachment 447294
    Thanks for posting this. This would be a great idea if someone wanted to have the 43x be a one stop gun. Optics slide for home defense, and stock slide for CCW. I might be downsizing in the near future and this would be a great option.

Katsoup

Avtomat Kalashnikova
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2023
    Maryland
    What did you end up doing?
    Its been a hot minute since I made this post. (Surprised anyone followed up)
    So I did some research during the time into PSA. During this time, I couldn't find anyone nor video about putting a PSA dagger slide on a Glock 43x. So I was pretty scared about buying it because compatibility or whatever (I was super new to guns lol).
    So I said F!@#$ it we ball and I bought a PSA dagger slide (micro or mini I forgot) that come with the red dot. It slide on like a dream and I was SUPER HYPED. Then I bought some PSA 15 rounders and shield arms mags (there was something floating around about the shield arms mags being trash so I bought both). Now I carry it as my CCW (some days). Here's a pic:
    1000001503.jpg

Not related:
    Since I was in this mindset of selling for some reason. I FLIPPED THE SCRIPT and decided to start collecting. Here is the image of my wall, HAHA! Some other CCW guns are up there as well.

1000001504.jpg

Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    So I did some research during the time into PSA. During this time, I couldn't find anyone nor video about putting a PSA dagger slide on a Glock 43x. So I was pretty scared about buying it because compatibility or whatever (I was super new to guns lol).
    So I said F!@#$ it we ball and I bought a PSA dagger slide (micro or mini I forgot) that come with the red dot. It slide on like a dream and I was SUPER HYPED. Then I bought some PSA 15 rounders and shield arms mags (there was something floating around about the shield arms mags being trash so I bought both). Now I carry it as my CCW (some days). Here's a pic:
    View attachment 447342

Not related:
    Since I was in this mindset of selling for some reason. I FLIPPED THE SCRIPT and decided to start collecting. Here is the image of my wall, HAHA! Some other CCW guns are up there as well.

View attachment 447343
    The Shield Arms mags aren't junk, in my experience. I'd like to hear your opinion on how the Dagger mags stack up against the Shields.

FN509Fan

Ultimate Member
    I'd keep it and ditch the stock sights, if you haven't already.
    Chris, owner of Jim Thorpe Guns & Ammo in PA showed me a 43X two days ago. He’s a self declared “Glock guy.” Said everyone one thinks they need to replace the sights but he and now I too think they are great. My boomer eyes that require 1.75 cheaters can align them and the target. I want to see if I can find them for my SIGs.

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    View attachment 447342

Not related:

View attachment 447343
    Nice collection. I'm particularly fond of the SKS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom