• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scout6

Sep 28, 2016
    Ceciltucky
    Reason???:innocent0

Best fit and feel for me. Even better than the 226 I was originally thinking of. To quote goldilocks, "this one is just right"

I really like the dual safety

Reviews from those on this board and others.

Price point was great. Thanks to those on this board, found a great deal from massammo for practice/range ammo. Went and picked up some Speer Gold Dot from Cabela's today (Discount coupons had come in the mail) , an extra mag, cleaning kit for a 9mm, and a few other odds and ends and still have some spending money left over (yay) .....thinking more .308 to test out the new SSA-E while maintaining a level of stock. Or put it back into the savings account and get a 2nd in a couple of months.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Best fit and feel for me. Even better than the 226 I was originally thinking of. To quote goldilocks, "this one is just right"

I really like the dual safety

Reviews from those on this board and others.

Price point was great. Thanks to those on this board, found a great deal from massammo for practice/range ammo. Went and picked up some Speer Gold Dot from Cabela's today (Discount coupons had come in the mail) , an extra mag, cleaning kit for a 9mm, and a few other odds and ends and still have some spending money left over (yay) .....thinking more .308 to test out the new SSA-E while maintaining a level of stock. Or put it back into the savings account and get a 2nd in a couple of months.

Congrats :thumbsup::thumbsup:

SGAmmo great Prices, Low Shipping Cost, Reasonable Ship Times. Try AmmoSeek...

Now need to post Pics and Breaker in...

MikeofMD

May 14, 2016
    MoCO
    The XDM was my 2nd gun. I have always shot it in bad lighting conditions and the front sight didn't seem to lend much help. Recently have been shooting it in daylight conditions and wow, its a great sight there! Makes shooting more accurate for me. Never had a problem with the XDM, not a single misfire. Real reasonable price. High volume mags.

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    Picked her up today. Pic from the SA web, better than the ones I made with the iPhone.

Congrats, I went with a XD9 as my first gun as well for a few reasons, fit, value, and safety features. I went out and rented a few like the G17, 226, M&P but like the XD the best for fit. I really didn't like the fit of the 226, seemed like for someone with really small hands. The G17 was similar to the XD but I liked the safety features of the XD being new to shooting. I know people love their glocks but to me an XD for $200 cheaper is just a better deal and arguable a better fit and finish. I think you made a good choice.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Is this the thread where we all just list the gun we have?

BTW, congrats on the XDM. My dad has one and I like it as well.
    My friend has the P226 and man it was not cheap, Shoots excellent at the range, but I like the XDM trigger better for overall use.

WhyTheBans

Oct 31, 2016
    I'm in the same boat as you right now and I've narrowed it down to what I like in my hand

So far:
    Glock 17 G4
    Walther PPQ
    Sig 226
    Springfield XDM

The glock 17 is within your budget, its most likely the first Handgun I will by next week. Close considerations for me are somewhere between the XDM and PPQ.

Love the sig but they are expensive for what I'd like to spend right now (gearing towards another rifle). My cousin who has 4+ sigs swears by them, and said that would be the one he'd pick up if it was the only choice he could (has many more to choose from)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom