• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • retrorichard

Member of Team Awesome
    Dec 24, 2009
    Rockville
    At a shop I ran across a used CZ-75B in good shape for $390. I am thinking about trading in one of my pistols towards it.

Should I trade my ruger p345 or p95?

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    if thats what you want. go for it.:thumbsup:
    just try not to get raped on the trade.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    No offense meant at all here but the CZ is superior to both pistols you listed. Trade either one and be happy you're trading up.

EngageSmith

Industry Partner
    May 31, 2011
    Kensington, MD
    No offense meant at all here but the CZ is superior to both pistols you listed. Trade either one and be happy you're trading up.

This. Take both and see what will get you more money on the trade. Don't expect much as resale on used Ruger semi-auto pistols is pretty horrendous.

I have a CZ-75B, it was the first handgun I ever purchased and I still have it. I've gotten rid of more pistols than I've held on to, so that's saying a lot. :thumbsup:

rfawcs

Si Se Pwodway
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 15, 2008
    Waldorf, MD
    If I had to do so, my CZ-75BD would be the next-to-last handgun I got rid of. My Hi Power would be the last.

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County

+2

If that doesn't sway you know there are plenty of people on here, myself included, that would jump on that sale immediately if we knew where to look. Seriously, if you don't buy it at that price I will.

The CZ 75B is one of the best pistols on the market and by far the most accurate in its price range. You won't find another 9mm under $1k that is as capable as the 75.

If I had to choose one of the two you listed in order to get the CZ it would be the 345 just to minimize calibers.

BigMBobbyOP

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2011
    PA
    are all CZ triggers pretty much uniform?

I picked up a CZ 75D pcr, and while the grip ergonimics where phenomenal, the trigger was bad. the DA was loooooooooong and didnt really break to clean and the SA was not too clean either. This was dry-firing. Never fired a live one.

I *love* the CZ ergos. Anyone have more experience w/ the triggers?

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28

I picked up a CZ 75D pcr, and while the grip ergonimics where phenomenal, the trigger was bad. the DA was loooooooooong and didnt really break to clean and the SA was not too clean either. This was dry-firing. Never fired a live one.

A little gunslick or other polishing paste on the contact surfaces and a few hundred snap cap cycles followed by a clean and quality lube should go a long way. Of course a good polishing and some Wolf springs make it world class.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia

The trigger gets better the more you shoot it. Mine came out of the box with a nice trigger, but mine was a special edition with the safety, not decocker.

Heist

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 10, 2012
    MD/DC/NYC
    I have a P95 and would happily and without qualm trade this for a CZ. Quality differences and customization options aside, the ability to run caliber conversion kits on the CZ - this alone would be enough of a selling point for me to move out of the Ruger.

The CZ is Europe's "1911". You can spend endless amounts tweaking and tuning to your hearts delight or run it straight out the box and it's still a great weapon.

Edit: I believe the EAA Witness allows you to run conversion kits. I may be slightly misremembering - the EAA and Jericho are all based on the CZ and sometimes I get them a little confused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom