• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DennisCA

The other day I was cleaning my spare room and decided to move a couple of mounts of deer I shot while I was in SE AZ a few years ago:

fmr5.jpg

Rifle: Winchester Model 70 in .270 W/3X9 Burris Scope
    Both have interesting stories that I would like to share with you:
    (If you don't mind)
    The deer on the right was at about 50 yards - I was walking up this trail (to glass a valley) and this deer was behind a tree looking at me. The only shot I had was at his neck and I took it - dropped him in his tracks - stone cold dead!
    Plus after the shot a spike buck (which was but didn't notice) took a a couple of small jumps - in the wide open about 20-25 yards from me. Unfortunately I only one tag with me, so I decided to make him a bit smart;
    I picked up a branch threw it at him, I didn't hit him but it def spooked him and he took off. The bad part was I was by myself and had to drag him, plus load him into my veh w/o help!
    The other deer (on the left) was shot at 325 yards (my hunting buddy had a range finder). It was so cold that morning we didn't leave the house until
    7:30,by 8:30 this deer was down. We just got seattled on a ridge when we noticed this buck chasing does. I doubt he noticed anything but the does. I got a good rest and took the shot, again he went straight down!
    The bad part he was shot in a steep-steep caynon (after the shot he slid most of the way down) and getting him up to top was real tough. It didn't help matters that the groud was covered with small loose rocks.

Sorry for a bit long-winded; hope you enjoyed the story
    :D

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Very nice all the way around. Next time, elaborate a little more. I hate short stories. lol

If you think you are long winded, wait until you read one of my stories. You will need a cup of coffee to get through it.

DennisCA

Very nice all the way around. Next time, elaborate a little more. I hate short stories. lol

If you think you are long winded, wait until you read one of my stories. You will need a cup of coffee to get through it.

I just gave the jist of the story, the rest was just fluff.

BTW: The bullet for both was a 140 gr bloat-tail (hornady?) back with 55 grain of IMR 4350. (I believe it was load but not sure - it's been awhile)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom