• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JLaff

Dec 12, 2012
    Maryland
    ....But I was told the only dumb question was the unasked question.

I have a Remington 700 SPS Varmint with an internal magazine. Is it possible to covert it to use a removable magazine? Did some searching for a "conversion kit" but found nothing of use or relevance. Thanks.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    ....But I was told the only dumb question was the unasked question.

I have a Remington 700 SPS Varmint with an internal magazine. Is it possible to covert it to use a removable magazine? Did some searching for a "conversion kit" but found nothing of use or relevance. Thanks.

Does the rifle, have a hinged floor plate? I believe Midway USA used to sell parts for a detachable mag.

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee
    You would need to either get a new stock that accepts mags or modify the current stock to accept bottom metal that will take mags. The second option may or may not be feasible depending on the stock.

JLaff

Dec 12, 2012
    Maryland
    http://www.snipercentral.com/cdidbm.phtml

Here is a review of the last one I posted on another sight I have found some nice reviews on in the past

This one looks like a great drop in choice and for a 223 the mags are somewhat more affordable.

Interested how that one works with the bolt release. On mine its right in front of the trigger guard, where this one has the magazine release. I shall continue researching.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Interested how that one works with the bolt release. On mine its right in front of the trigger guard, where this one has the magazine release. I shall continue researching.

http://www.cdiprecisiongunworks.com/remington-700-short-action.html

If you look at the pictures here the bolt release is in the trigger guard just in front of the trigger. IIRC that where mine is on my unmodified 700. If yours in front of the trigger guard?

10th picture mossy oak looking stock

JLaff

Dec 12, 2012
    Maryland

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads