Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County

Attachments

• dead-horse.jpg
      dead-horse.jpg
      55.3 KB · Views: 187
    Jul 1, 2012
    Not much point. It looks buffed and then nickel-plated over pitting. Looks like just a light dusting of paint that would come off easily though. Then again it could just be reflection from something green in the background.... there's some green on the mag too. And the green doesn't appear in same place on frame in 2nd pic (mag release area).

You can buy a pretty nice original one for that price.

... but maybe it's an uber-rare party leader gun :)

it's hiding in the corner but that holster could be worth some $$ depending on what it is.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County

Those were presentation firearms from after the war. His original rifle was lost when he was shot in the face. His replacement is in a museum. Their only worth, if any, is because of who owned them-NOT because they were sporterized.

...and yes. Only Simo Hayha can make a reindeer sweater cool :D

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012

The urban legend about sweater-wearing Mr. Rogers having been a combat sniper was, of course, false ... but Hayha would still be the ultimate badass even if he was wearing pink bunny jammies.

P.S. ... Sometime in the late 1950s, when I was in grade school, some family friends sent me a reindeer sweater for Christmas. It was supposedly a big deal, at the time, because it was an "authentic" traditional sweater either from Finland, or from someplace like Minnesota where there was a Finnish tradition of making "authentic" sweaters. Even then, I was pretty horrified when I was made to wear the thing to school (where, of course, I heard more Rudolf jokes than even I'd expected). I think the poor sweater soon suffered an "accidental" spillage of grape juice down the front. My point in mentioning this is just to say that what we now think of as a traditional ugly Christmas sweater seems to have had its origin in a traditional piece of clothing that was to Finland sort of what the cowboy hat is to Texas.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    My Mom's German, Dad met her after WW2 in Bremerhaven Germany, at least you did not have your German Grandmother bringing you lederhosen to wear when you were a kid, although on some they don't look bad.

Attachments

• Trachtenlederhose_Jacky_brownsugar_kurz_v1_894.jpg
      Trachtenlederhose_Jacky_brownsugar_kurz_v1_894.jpg
      38.4 KB · Views: 80

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    My Mom's German, Dad met her after WW2 in Bremerhaven Germany, at least you did not have your German Grandmother bringing you lederhosen to wear when you were a kid, although on some they don't look bad.

One of the kids that I grew up with had been stationed in Germany, and he had a pair of green lederhosen that he wore to school ... once ... along with some sort of Tyrolean hat.

I'll grant you, though, that you make a great case for them looking rather stunning on the right person.

Last edited:

Josh Smith

Aug 10, 2010
    Those were presentation firearms from after the war. His original rifle was lost when he was shot in the face. His replacement is in a museum. Their only worth, if any, is because of who owned them-NOT because they were sporterized.

Oh, I know... but I had to be a dick. :lol:

Still, the way I figure it, all the Finnish Mosins were just bubbaed Russian Mosins, and the Finns had to bubba them because the Russians couldn't get it right in the first place. :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom