• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    My AZ and CT permits are coming up for renewal. I'm thinking of dropping them since my other permits are good in AZ and I haven't carried in CT ever. Any thoughts, either pro or con?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    States change their reciprocity agreements. I'd hang on to AZ. it's only 43 dollars to renew vs. CT 70 dollars

just my .02

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I need to read AZ's constitutional carry law again. Thought any permit allows one to carry concealed there, which of course is my preference. Also, isn't the Frederick sheriff the only one that does fingerprint cards?

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    If you travel a lot, and it is my understanding that you do, I would shell out the extra coin and have as many permits as possible. As mentioned earlier in the thread, reciprocity agreements change with some frequency, and keeping up with the latest infringements across the country can be a daunting task. I would file it under (somewhat) cheap insurance and cut the check.

This thread reminds me that I need to renew my FL permit!

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    States change their reciprocity agreements. I'd hang on to AZ. it's only 43 dollars to renew vs. CT 70 dollars

just my .02

Take DE for example. The AG posted changes to reciprocity on it's website that didn't make much sense. His actions were quickly found to be outside what he was allowed to do. The next day they reversed course and went back to what was previously posted.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=206528
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=206570

If I had it I would keep it at least until the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 makes it's way in or out of a vote.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    AZ does not require prints or photo for renewals. all you need to do is send in 43 dollars.

i don't see a downside to keeping it. And AZ doesn't require a permit, but their reciprocity is pretty good.

I don't recommend keeping it for carry in AZ. I recommend keeping it because many states honor AZ and it's so easy to keep it.

Attachments

• az.JPG
      az.JPG
      58.1 KB · Views: 804
    Last edited:

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    If you travel to CT it might be worth keeping and actually renewing now. They are possibly going to triple the fees for the permits.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    True Statement #1 - Redundency is prudent .

True statement #2 - $ resources are usually not infinite, and at some point a cost/ value calculation must be made.

It is good to have at least one back up of " wide recognition Permits " , such as UT, AZ, Fla, Va . The marginal increase of usefulness of going from 3 to 4 is pretty slight . But then an AZ renewal costs about the same as dinner for two, one step removed from fast food, so its not a big burden in the absolute sense.

Do you actually go to Conn on a regular basis, on purpose? If not, Conn is the least of your obstacles of travelling to NH or ME .

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If you want to carry in NV, get the AZ permit. NV is expensive and requires a trip there for the training.

I have a NV NR CCW.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    If you want to carry in NV, get the AZ permit. NV is expensive and requires a trip there for the training.

I have a NV NR CCW.

Unless I'm wrong (been known to have that happen now and again :)), my FL, UT and VA would do the trick as well. Anyway, you're spot on re the AZ application and will be renewing that permit in the next day or so.

I plan to let the CT permission slip expire.

Thanks to all for the comments.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Rambling one I didn't realize you had the others. But for 43 bucks, AZ is a no brainer.

guess if I read your sig I'd know that.

BTW ME went constitutional carry as well. The only reason to keep that permit is for carry in Arcadia National Park

Keep NH for carry in PA.

:D

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Rambling one I didn't realize you had the others. But for 43 bucks, AZ is a no brainer.

guess if I read your sig I'd know that.

BTW ME went constitutional carry as well. The only reason to keep that permit is for carry in Arcadia National Park

Keep NH for carry in PA.

:D

AND, he listed them in alphabetical oder, too ;)

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Talk about vascillation... I ended up renewing both AZ and CT. Maine is up for renewal in July; I won't open carry. Decisions, decisions. Did I mention I'd trade about half my permits for the elusive MD plastic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom