• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LANDFORGOTTEN

Sep 28, 2012
    WA state
    Had to drive up to Waldorf today and decided to look at what different stores had in stock.

Fred's had multiple AR's(Windham/Sig/and a couple others) in stock from $950-2000. Windham Weaponry flat top was the cheap one. Ammo there is was too expensive and they still have purchase limits.

Dick's in the mall in Waldorf had a Ruger 10/22 takedown. I think it was $370. They had very little ammo.

Just because I mentioned these stores does not mean I like them.

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    Visited the Tackle Box in Lex Park last week and while nothing special in the long gun catagory, they were well stocked in ammunition. Even had couple dozen boxes of .22LR on the shelf. Lots of .223, .40, .357, 7.62x39&54R available. I would have bought some but I am out of room in the safe for anymore.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I agree. When there is plenty of .22LR back on shelves (at reasonable prices) that will be a sign of impending normalcy...

Does this mean that all of the paranoid gun owners are less paranoid today ? It fascinates me how guys get when certain political events happen. This is what 30th time it's happened.

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    Visited the Tackle Box in Lex Park last week and while nothing special in the long gun catagory, they were well stocked in ammunition. Even had couple dozen boxes of .22LR on the shelf. Lots of .223, .40, .357, 7.62x39&54R available. I would have bought some but I am out of room in the safe for anymore.

No 9mm, huh?

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    Stopped in to the Walmart in Dunkirk on the way home. They had Tula 7.62x39, about a dozen boxes. Also about a dozen boxes of .22 high velocity shorts (Yes, Shorts!). Pretty good selection of bolt guns and shotguns.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    just got an AR upper with dust cover and forward assist for 125.00, so I would say it is starting to look normal.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Does this mean that all of the paranoid gun owners are less paranoid today ? It fascinates me how guys get when certain political events happen. This is what 30th time it's happened.
    It's an interesting thing where it still sucks here in MD with the impending date of October 1st for when SB281 goes into effect, but the rest of the country stopped panic buying when the national gun control ban died in the senate a month or so ago, so it doesn't surprise me to see the availability for semi-auto handguns and ARs increasing.

Get 'em while you can.

Wojo

What's that Smell
    May 8, 2012
    Wrong side of the Potomac
    When I read this thread title I thought maybe they had

1) demolished the mall
    2) removed 10-15 traffic light on 301
    And 3) banned section 8 housing

Damn, I can always hope. Instead I will stay south of the DMZ in White Plains.

Whitty Whit

Mar 20, 2013
    It's an interesting thing where it still sucks here in MD with the impending date of October 1st for when SB281 goes into effect, but the rest of the country stopped panic buying when the national gun control ban died in the senate a month or so ago, so it doesn't surprise me to see the availability for semi-auto handguns and ARs increasing.

Get 'em while you can.

So true. I went down to southern Va and they have everything and reasonably priced. No ammo restrictions either . One shop was selling ammo by the case pretty much all calibers.

mdiom

Sep 7, 2012
    Abingdon
    Was in NC over the past weekend and their walmart was as bare as ours. But atleast I know our Walmart gets ammo in their shipments.

radial

Nov 23, 2011
    Boyds
    So, who has small pistol primers now? I have a nice press and all the other components ready, but no primers. Frustrating.

Whitty Whit

Mar 20, 2013
    I guess its all luck if the draw. If anybody needs anything and is willing to pay a very small convenience fee let me know. Even saw boxes of 10mm and cases of of .357 mag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom