• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I sighted mine in with three shots but I believe if you are bore sighting it then it would be pretty much the same procedure

Lock it in something like a lead sled with the thermal scope holding on the bullseye. I used a hot hand wrapped in tin foil and it was easy to see in the thermal scope. Boresight the barrel and see where it’s going to hit. Or use a laser boresight to see. Either way then you follow the directions and while holding the original crosshair on the bullseye you put the sighting in crosshair on the laser point or where you see thru the barrel which I think would be a tad more difficult and not as accurate. I still think shooting it will be required to get perfect.

Mines s Sightmark not a Rattler but the directions seem to be very close to the same

That’s just my experience and what I think, take that for what it’s worth.
    Thanks S
    The AGM TS series has a reference crosshair that you keep on the aiming point while moving the main crosshair/reticle to the impact point. Literally a one-shot-zero. I used a box and handwarmer.
    I watched the tutorial and you're right. It is different. It looked pretty easy and will bring it(YT) along to the range with me. I definitely have a couple guns I want to incorporate into the scope. Can't wait to get it done.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Congrats!

Using thermal I assume? What are you using? What’s your rig?? Did you take any pictures of your hunt?

Here’s a question I have been wanting to ask someone. What’s the chance of contracting trichinosis from wild pork? Other than cooking the heck out of the meat, what are the best precautions to take? We raised hogs for all the good years and we wormed them as needed and required and man it was required.
    Thanks. Normally we bring our own equipment but this time we just used the outfitters stuff. AGM thermal on a 5.56. The scope is good but I like my Pulsar better. The 5.56 worked but they used to use 7.62x39 and I normally use 6.5 creedmoor. As for trichinosis as you noted don’t eat this shyt medium rare lol. We also wear gloves while dealing with the meat. We’re heading out again tonight hoping to get something smaller.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    G
    Thanks. Normally we bring our own equipment but this time we just used the outfitters stuff. AGM thermal on a 5.56. The scope is good but I like my Pulsar better. The 5.56 worked but they used to use 7.62x39 and I normally use 6.5 creedmoor. As for trichinosis as you noted don’t eat this shyt medium rare lol. We also wear gloves while dealing with the meat. We’re heading out again tonight hoping to get something smaller.
    Good luck. Slay some piggies!

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Good luck brother and post pics if you’re successful!

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Shot a couple rats at my buddy's down in the swamp the other night with the 10/22 using WW sub-sonic LRHPs and the AGM TS35-640 thermal scope. They were on the drainage ditch berms around his bird feeders. Thermal scope setting was for 'white hot'.

I had to convert these videos to GIFs to upload here, so they're a little 'choppy'.

This first one was shot at 20 yards with the scope zero at 50 yards, thus the low hold. In the MP4 video, you can see the muzzle blast but it was lost in the GIF. I had a rest to shoot this one:

View attachment 460709

This one used the 25 yard zero and the distance was about 20 yards, so a dead-on hold was used. Pretty shaky because it was shot offhand and the little bastard wouldn't hold still.

View attachment 460710
    You Son of a Phuggin B!tch,,,, Your gonna make me spend money I don't have now!! :lol2:

My current "If I only had this I would not need to buy anything else" List.
    - Thermal
    - .22 Suppressor
    - 44mag suppressor
    - 9mm suppressor
    - Ruger 96/44
    - CZ .22 Kadet kit for my CZ75 based handguns
    - 4570 lever gun

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    You Son of a Phuggin B!tch,,,, Your gonna make me spend money I don't have now!! :lol2:

- Thermal
    - .22 Suppressor
    - 44mag suppressor
    - 9mm suppressor
    - Ruger 96/44
    - 4570 lever gun
    That’s your “$hort li$t” right?

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind

- Thermal
    - .22 Suppressor
    - 44mag suppressor
    - 9mm suppressor
    - Ruger 96/44
    - 4570 lever gun
    :lol:

LOL, my pleasure!

Maybe this will help when you see how beat up and ugly it is: 10/22 with AAC integrally suppressed barrel, stock pack full of magazines & batteries, AGM TS35-640:

10-22-AGM.jpg

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    Shot a couple rats at my buddy's down in the swamp the other night with the 10/22 using WW sub-sonic LRHPs and the AGM TS35-640 thermal scope. They were on the drainage ditch berms around his bird feeders. Thermal scope setting was for 'white hot'.

I had to convert these videos to GIFs to upload here, so they're a little 'choppy'.

This first one was shot at 20 yards with the scope zero at 50 yards, thus the low hold. In the MP4 video, you can see the muzzle blast but it was lost in the GIF. I had a rest to shoot this one:

View attachment 460709

This one used the 25 yard zero and the distance was about 20 yards, so a dead-on hold was used. Pretty shaky because it was shot offhand and the little bastard wouldn't hold still.

View attachment 460710

- Thermal
    - .22 Suppressor
    - 44mag suppressor
    - 9mm suppressor
    - Ruger 96/44
    - 4570 lever gun
    :lol:

LOL, my pleasure!

Maybe this will help when you see how beat up and ugly it is: 10/22 with AAC integrally suppressed barrel, stock pack full of magazines & batteries, AGM TS35-640:

View attachment 460844
    3K !!
    Do they ever have a 50% off sale ??

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    3K !!
    Do they ever have a 50% off sale ??
    It WAS $4,195 and just dropped to $2,995.

AGM came out with a V2 version for a few more bucks. The single biggest improvement, IMO, is a short-turn objective focus. Mine objective focus will turn at least one full turn stop-to-stop and it can take a couple seconds to get dialed in.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019

AGM came out with a V2 version for a few more bucks. The single biggest improvement, IMO, is a short-turn objective focus. Mine objective focus will turn at least one full turn stop-to-stop and it can take a couple seconds to get dialed in.
    This is going to be like "Timing the market" for me,,,
    I'll wait for the prices to drop, but try to buy just before SHTF and they are all gone,,,,,,

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019

Their pricing is a work of business art.
    If your gonna buy the 384 or 640,, The better V2 is close,,,
    The V2 256 is ~900 Real close to "what the heck" I'll take one for the .22 pricing,, if it was $750 I would grab one,, should be good IDing out to 150 yards.

384 V1 is ~2000,, but if your gonna spend that get the V2,, but if your gonna spend 2500,, Get the V1 640,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    More luck in GA.
    These two were about 10’ apart and we came up with lead - lag shooter vs count down which puts added pressure on lag but should ensure a high probability shot for lead. In a count down both shooters could have a non desirable shot at go time. Since it was our idea with the guide’s ok we had to connect lol.
    Around 170 and 140 pounds.
    IMG_0970.jpeg

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    More luck in GA.
    These two were about 10’ apart and we came up with lead - lag shooter vs count down which puts added pressure on lag but should ensure a high probability shot for lead. In a count down both shooters could have a non desirable shot at go time. Since it was our idea with the guide’s ok we had to connect lol.
    View attachment 460965
    Nice work!

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Their pricing is a work of business art.
    If your gonna buy the 384 or 640,, The better V2 is close,,,
    The V2 256 is ~900 Real close to "what the heck" I'll take one for the .22 pricing,, if it was $750 I would grab one,, should be good IDing out to 150 yards.

384 V1 is ~2000,, but if your gonna spend that get the V2,, but if your gonna spend 2500,, Get the V1 640,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    It is indeed a very structured pricing layout. I felt like the TS35-640 V1 was a good price point vs performance, but if I wasn't already vigorously violating my budget, I would have gone with the 640 V2.

The resolution thing is a very subjective thing and one can obviously never have 'too much' resolution. I think one really needs to be at 384 or better to have good enough resolution for differentiating between similar targets.

The base magnification of my device is 2x at 640 x 512 pixels.
    When I go to 4x, resolution drops to 320 x 256 and the image is still pretty good.
    At 8x, resolution goes to 160 x 128 and the target becomes blurry enough that I'd be happier at 4x.
    At 16x, maximum for my device, resolution is now at 80 x 64 and is just about unusable for me.

While the image is indeed bigger at higher magnifications, it much less defined. I'd rather have a smaller, sharper-appearing image and holding center doesn't get any easier at higher magnifications/lower resolution levels. I think this is more a comfort level thing with eye focus, because your eye can more happily focus on smaller, sharper image than a larger image with poor definition.

I'll take a few pics with the device after supper at various magnifications and adjust image sizes to be the same, as if one is looking through devices with differing resolution.
    More luck in GA.
    Fine shooting!

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    It is indeed a very structured pricing layout. I felt like the TS35-640 V1 was a good price point vs performance, but if I wasn't already vigorously violating my budget, I would have gone with the 640 V2.

The resolution thing is a very subjective thing and one can obviously never have 'too much' resolution. I think one really needs to be at 384 or better to have good enough resolution for differentiating between similar targets.

The base magnification of my device is 2x at 640 x 512 pixels.
    When I go to 4x, resolution drops to 320 x 256 and the image is still pretty good.
    At 8x, resolution goes to 160 x 128 and the target becomes blurry enough that I'd be happier at 4x.
    At 16x, maximum for my device, resolution is now at 80 x 64 and is just about unusable for me.

While the image is indeed bigger at higher magnifications, it much less defined. I'd rather have a smaller, sharper-appearing image and holding center doesn't get any easier at higher magnifications/lower resolution levels. I think this is more a comfort level thing with eye focus, because your eye can more happily focus on smaller, sharper image than a larger image with poor definition.

I'll take a few pics with the device after supper at various magnifications and adjust image sizes to be the same, as if one is looking through devices with differing resolution.

Fine shooting!
    I typically lock out digital "zoom" on all my cameras, etc. It gains you nothing.
    When you are at "4X" you are really at 2X digital laid over a 2X optical.
    The Rattler V2 19-256 has a fixed optical zoom of 2.5X,, I would not even consider using the digital zoom on a 256 sensor. But this model should be a solid 100 yard thermal for a 22 rimfire. or even a handheld monocular good for 100 yds. I can be had for $950,, if it ever dips into the 700s,, i'll bite,,, 2-3000 is not in my budget right now.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    More luck in GA.
    View attachment 460965
    Boars or Sowes? If boars, I hope they aren't tainted like the one I killed. The meet cooking smells like swamp mud, taste like it too.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Boars or Sowes? If boars, I hope they aren't tainted like the one I killed. The meet cooking smells like swamp mud, taste like it too.
    Boars so we’ll see. I’ve heard good and bad. I’ll respond on the smoking thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom