• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I for one have never been one to believe that Adam Lanza was somehow secretly brainwashed into doing what he did, or many of the other tinfoil theories circulating the web. Not that many leftists won't do absolutely anything to get their agenda through, just ask the Czar's kids, but let me give you a scenario that may seem much more plausible. What if the little monster who did this actually did it because he wanted to destroy gun rights, as a way to get back at his mother he was so enraged at.

If the mother was like a lot of gun owners, I'll bet that Lanza would have overheard plenty of talk about 2A right, gun control issues, and so forth. And as crazy as he obviously was, he was still highly intelligent, and likely able to understand politics very well.

Lanza, through his monstrous actions, did the worst thing a person like himself could do to harm gun rights in this country. I wonder if he did it with that in mind, and if what is happening right now is giving him exactly what he wanted. And I wonder if that is why the government is being so tight lipped about any writings or so forth they may have found in his house, or his hard drive. Yes, I know supposedly he "smashed" his hard drive. I have little doubt that drive has been completely reconstructed by now. The technology certainly exists these days.

I've said it before. I just cannot understand so much secrecy around a case where the suspect is already dead and no one else is awaiting trial, or expected to be.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I'm not firmly attached to any theory at this point, but rather think there is a nugget of truth in most of the snippets we're hearing.

I think we can be reasonably sure of several things...

He was nucking futs
    He came to hate his Mother
    He was not willing to have his world turned upside down
    He developed a (probably imperfect) plan to "solve it"

The thing that keeps nagging at me is, with those factors in place (and really no concrete information tying him to the school), it seems more likely to me that he would have killed Mom at home, then in a fit of clarion consciousness (and conscience), taken himself out.

Now... the school...

There is just too much there that doesn't "fit". The car... the woods... the guns that may or may not have been there... the [supposed] training exercises...

For me, it all smells like someone is covering something, and the stink just won't go away.

Adam Lanza is looking more and more like a convenient foil, and less like a rogue madman.

I've said it before. I just cannot understand so much secrecy around a case where the suspect is already dead and no one else is awaiting trial, or expected to be.

In that vein, I would like to know why they keep talking about the possibility of "future criminal charges" and the like?!

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    I will say that the amount of details that have come out regarding the punk is low. This shit is all political. For example, they JUST released a few weeks ago that he had secret storage compartments in his room and a gun safe. How was that little detail not released two days after this happened? Oh, is it because we are in the middle of national and local level gun control debate?

I wonder if he did it with that in mind, and if what is happening right now is giving him exactly what he wanted.

I can agree with this.I think he wanted to ''go down in a blaze of glory'' for lack of a better term,for whatever reason.I honestly think we'll never know all the info they've gathered.

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    . Yes, I know supposedly he "smashed" his hard drive. I have little doubt that drive has been completely reconstructed by now. The technology certainly exists these days.

Meh, I dont know. If he really smashed up the platters, getting things off it it might be really hard. Imagine taking a pint glass and writing the contents of a book on the outside of it in magic marker. Take a hammer and smash it up a few times. Now, reassemble the pint glass and read the book. I am not a data recovery person but a really smashed up drive seems like it would be impossible to recover.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    Meh, I dont know. If he really smashed up the platters, getting things off it it might be really hard. Imagine taking a pint glass and writing the contents of a book on the outside of it in magic marker. Take a hammer and smash it up a few times. Now, reassemble the pint glass and read the book. I am not a data recovery person but a really smashed up drive seems like it would be impossible to recover.

There would be gaps, for sure, but if it were of high enough interest (state secrets) recovering data from that is very doable.

As to the original comment: very interesting theory.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish

Yeah but did he simply break the outside case of the computer and a less computer savvy person say he smashed the hard drive, as I have heard people refer to the "pc tower" as a "hard drive," and the internals virtually undamaged.:shrug:

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    It is obvious there was some underlying reason behind his act, but I don't know that trying to get back at his mother or even destroying gun rights, could be the main reason. For one, he killed his mother first so his actions would not be known to her. The other thing that leads me to believe besides him being "crazy" he had other issues is the fact he murdered young innocent children. There have been many mass murderers, but few go after a select group unless they have an issue with them. Some go after specific races, women or say in Columbine's case, same age peers that they could not fit in with. Who knows, I wish he would have had parents that got him help, or at least that he only harmed himself to make his statement.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    There would be gaps, for sure, but if it were of high enough interest (state secrets) recovering data from that is very doable.

As to the original comment: very interesting theory.

If he was smart enough to destroy his hard drive not just bang up the tower he was smart enough to take it apart, inspect the type of plates used and either smash them,cut them, melt them with a torch, etc

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    zoostation, that is a plausible theory. I believe, more likely, that he was just batsh!t crazy and the government is hiding many things in order to advance their agenda. In the words of Rohm Emanuel "never let a crisis go to waste."

Shift

Ultimate Member
    Apr 11, 2012
    Denton
    Nothing about Sandy Hook makes any sense, and hasn't since the first newscast. I listened to the whole story as it was developing on he radio from the first broadcast and spent all that morning following news sites online also. Every 20 minutes there was a "confirmed" detail that was completely different from the previously "confirmed" detail. Example being the weapons used, first report said 2 handguns, second report was 3 handguns, 4th report was 4 handguns and an "assault rifle" in the car. Then the next day the coroner said all were killed with .223. The first few days I was confused as all get out, none of the reports made sense, non of the video made sense. How the hell did parents get there and block up the road into the school before the paramedics could get there?? And where were all the kids? It was gridlocked, cars blocking each other everywhere no one could get out, where were the 600 kids? Video's and pictures I've seen show only a handful of kids.

I firmly believe 100% the Sandy Hook massacre is a conspiracy of some sort set up to attack the 2nd amendment. I wouldn't put anything past our current administration. I think the last few mass killing attempts were set up.

Aurora although raised an uproar didn't have the effect they (the administration) wanted. Oregon was counter productive to them since the shooter was stopped before he could inflict too much damage reinforcing our side of the fight. They pulled all the stops in Newtown, knowing there was no way to get they uproar without pulling at those kind of heart strings.

I dont subscribe to any particular plot I've heard but everything I have personally seen screams conspiracy.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon

This. It's all how much effort they want to put into it. And I have no doubt they have put every effort into this. I don't understand all the physics but I do know that a magnetic field around a byte will almost always leave traces of how it's been shifted around. I remember what they could do 20 years ago with raising things off dead equipment. Reconstructing most everything on a smashed hard drive seems very, very do-able, in fact almost on the easy side of the spectrum, for someone with enough resources after thinking of that.

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    If he was doing this for a reason and knew it was a suicide mission why would he bother to smash his computer. It's not like the data could make him more dead. Also you would think he would want the world to read his writing etc or whatever else he had on there.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    If he was smart enough to destroy his hard drive not just bang up the tower he was smart enough to take it apart, inspect the type of plates used and either smash them,cut them, melt them with a torch, etc

Only one of those will render the data on a drive unreadable.

Reconstructing most everything on a smashed hard drive seems very, very do-able, in fact almost on the easy side of the spectrum, for someone with enough resources after thinking of that.

There are reasons that DOJ, DOE, DOD, etc. have very specific guidelines on how to dispose of hard drives that contain/contained sensitive information. Only a few steps are available to civilians or people without a large budget. Like you say though, it's a matter of resources. Nobody cares why Lanza did it. Not really. Not enough to send the drives (in whatever condition) to Langley or Annapolis Junction.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    the search wartant affidavits listed sone emails that were printed out and found in the living room.

one of the most interesting things i saw listed.

my theory, either something from his email his mom saw and printed out to have him committed, or discussions his mom was having about his committment that he saw and printed out.

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    My favorite conspiracy theory so far is one I overheard at a diner. The guys were talking about how all of the recent FBI terrorist busts were essentially the FBI contacting an idiot online and feeding him/them a plan. Lanza was so
    Omar but he ruined the "bust" by going off the script and starting early. According to one guy this accoUntes for the extra people initially detained & the smashed computer.

I'm not saying this is how it went down. I just overheard it.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I believe he was highly intelligent. I also think his world was far to small for him to comprehend his actions on a National level. He was lashing out. I do not believe a person in his condition would be amenable to brainwashing. To brainwash you need to gain a certain level of trust (or torture to the point of complete subservience) and I don't believe anyone would be able to get through his defenses. Just my analysis. I am not a shrink.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    If nothing else, the deafening silence speaks volumes. If any evidence was damning to pro-2A supporters and/or gun enthusiasts, then it would have been be trumpeted and plastered across leftist media 24/7/365. Since there's not one peep, it's not unreasonable to assume the opposite is true. The silence would also make sense if this was another Mohamed Osman Mohamud-style operation gone completely wrong.

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    This is going to bring scorn with this crowd, but what the hell.

I am not entirely convinced he did it. At least, I am not entirely he did it without some help from ours friends in the administration.

Sent from your conscience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom