• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kelson1066

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2012
    Frederick County
    I would say this is full of win but I don't know ACLU and NRA makes for strange bedfellows. But I guess organizations that advocate for their respective amendments can call a temporary cease fire when faced with a larger enemy.
    :omg:

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    The NSA is possibly the biggest threat to our freedom. Anyone who is against it is our friend.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Time the ACLU remembered that the B.O.R. is 10 Amendments with no option to pick and choose only the ones that you like.

Without the 2nd to protect it, we would have no 1st Amendment to talk about it.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Time the ACLU remembered that the B.O.R. is 10 Amendments with no option to pick and choose only the ones that you like.

Without the 2nd to protect it, we would have no 1st Amendment to talk about it.

Maybe they just realized THIS ... and in doing so they could be 'persuaded' to embrace the rest as well.

Attachments

• 2nd Protects 1st.png
      2nd Protects 1st.png
      12.9 KB · Views: 503

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    When I was growing up, half my friend's dads worked for No Such Agency. We were fighting the cold war against the Soviets, and I looked up to those guys like they were heroes.

I spoke to one of my friend's dads last, back during the Clinton administration, shortly before he died. He said he was sad and appalled at what was happening at the agency, but he couldn't elaborate. That conversation always worried me.

I suspect things are probably much, much worse than we imagine.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    When I was growing up, half my friend's dads worked for No Such Agency. We were fighting the cold war against the Soviets, and I looked up to those guys like they were heroes.

I spoke to one of my friend's dads last, back during the Clinton administration, shortly before he died. He said he was sad and appalled at what was happening at the agency, but he couldn't elaborate. That conversation always worried me.

I suspect things are probably much, much worse than we imagine.

I can't say if I did/didn't work there while in the Army, nor can I confirm that I considered staying as a civilian. However, if I were to see things that made me a little disturbed I probably would have chosen another career path upon ETS.

If I had worked there. And medical sales is about as far away from SIGINT as you can get.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    People lose SA, lose their perspective and then lose their way. Moral compasses can not only be off but wrong. Just because they work for this government agency or that one doesn't make their mission, tools or techniques righteous or more importantly, legitimate.

We have reason to be concerned.

What concerns me most is that they now have demonstrated the will and inclination to frame folks who they have concerns about using illegally and immorally attained intel. There was an awesome reason that we instituted Posse Commitatus and cognitively precluded our intel community from domestic operations. That has all gone out the window, all in the name of national security.

It is not a rosy future.

breimer273

Jul 25, 2013
    SOMD
    I can't say if I did/didn't work there while in the Army, nor can I confirm that I considered staying as a civilian. However, if I were to see things that made me a little disturbed I probably would have chosen another career path upon ETS.

If I had worked there. And medical sales is about as far away from SIGINT as you can get.

+1

This kind of stuff doesn't even fall under the realm of things the the NSA could possibly be interested in.

"The National Security Agency/Central Security Service (NSA/CSS) leads the U.S. Government in cryptology that encompasses both Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) and Information Assurance (IA) products and services, and enables Computer Network Operations (CNO) in order to gain a decision advantage for the Nation and our allies under all circumstances." ~ www.nsa.gov

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Which as I understand history rarely works out... at least for those parties that don't have any other common ground, just end up killing each other in the end.

It did once that I can think of, offhand (however briefly)...

The US backing the 2nd most evil man in the world (Stalin) to get to numbers 1 and 3 (Hitler and Mussolini)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom