• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Scottysan

Ultimate Member
    May 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I hear you... don't know how I missed it developing... read the whole thing this evening
    And just about wet myself several times! lol spectacular and tiring

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    I've been hit left and right before on this site by gun owners and alleged "trained and experienced" shooters that have no clue what they're talking about. I'm pro 2A and CCW ... but only pro CCW if you have the actual training.
    While Maryand is certainly a politically corrupt and anti-2A state, minimum standards never cuts it. Training is an ongoing process that many firearm owners don't understand or refuse to acknowledge. The fact is that you can't take minimum basic training and be reliable, trustworthy and legal behind a trigger, especially if you're carrying to defend yourself or someone else. Facts. Go read some news articles around the country. See the kind of "firearms experts" and CCW holders get convicted of and serve time for in prison. Get a grip. Do it right. Stop trying to flaunt so-called rights and understand your gun and the implications of the use of it human-on-human. There are two things called the U.S. Constitution and LAWS that dictate what you can and cannot do. Training ... REAL, ongoing training -- and experience -- will define what happens when you carry and pull that trigger. Internet gunbois need not apply.

And just who the "F" are you? No, really, who are you to lecture me, or anybody on this forum about anything? Get back in your damn self righteous cave and roll the rock across the entrance behind you.

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    38 posts because I actually train, have real world experience and don't have time to deal with those that don't. Those that have a lot of posts must have plenty of time to kill. Do the math.

"Roar!!!! Roar!!!! I TRAIN BRO, I TRAIN BRO, DO YOU EVEN???":sad20:

You want to know something, Lev, ole buddy? The absolute stone cold LAST person I'd go to for advice on firearms, safety, marksmanship or tactics, is the average street cop. I've met more cops that can barely load, make ready and safely holster a sidearm then I can shake a stick at.

When we used to have the Troy Ashe Tournament down here, for close to 20 years, the best civilians easily, and I mean pathetically easily out shot LE from every activity around. The ONLY exception were those few cops that actually cared about shooting before they became cops. Hell, my wife's scores bested theirs in practically every instance. They HAD to have civilian and LE classes, or the LE would NEVER take a trophy home...:rolleyes:
    I bet you were the kind of @$$clown that would have been overjoyed to have been on a red flag firearms confiscation team. Until you met someone that was tired of your crap...

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I hear you... don't know how I missed it developing... read the whole thing this evening
    And just about wet myself several times! lol spectacular and tiring

I don't know how I missed this either. Epic.

Not sure how someone slams an entire community not knowing the individual people to witch you are attacking, you have no idea how much training I do or my past experience. People need to be judged individually for their actions on each account, you can't blame and label me for someone else's actions no more than I can hold you accountable for other cops actions because that would be unfair. You threaten to take actions on the street to people you haven't met yet, (or people on this forum?) and to that point it sounds like you have some personal problems to sort out.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    When ya gots a major league Richard, ya just gots to whip it out and swing it around every now and again.

Epic Richard in his mind. Lil Richard did we find. Richard was right there in his hand. Richard is now among the band.

The popcorn could have used a bit more salt and butter...

Love me some popcorn...but don’t be a Richard.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    As an HQL instructor as well as NSSA instructor and RSO I have to agree with the author. Yes, owning and carrying are surely the rights of all humans. It should be recognized by those of us in the community that the current government imposed training requirements are an absolute minimum and in no way prepare a new shooter to responsibly carry a firearm. I do not want the government to require it but much more extensive training is appropriate.

The OP could not answer my questions or chose to ignore them. Maybe you could elaborate on training. All the training in the world will not help you if your mindset is not.

Having a firearm is a right, but as an individual, you are responsible for your actions. If you do it wrong, you either die, go to jail, or live to enjoy another day. Since 2 out of the 3 are not preferred, it would be wise to get training or read up on topics concerning it.

Saying that training is important is not wrong, but it is up to the individual on how they want to approach it. Mandating training would not really help, an example is the driver test: everyone does the same test, we still have aggressive driving and accidents.

LEO, Military, and Citizen have different rules regarding use of firearms, and it is the responsibility of the individual to educate themselves on use and training.

Q

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I think people should have training.

I do not think training should be mandated.

onedash

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2016
    Calvert County
    How many cops get training on a regular basis? I'm only asking because I have no idea. After 20 years in the Marine Corps I'd guess most cops go to the range once a year to qualify and never shoot their duty weapon again until next year. I'm sure SWAT and some other departments probably train a LOT more. I hope it's not like the government CBT cyber security challenge "training". LOL

MykR0k

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 13, 2020
    Just being honest here, it looks like someone got their jollies by pushing a few buttons!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom