• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Gray Peterson

Aug 18, 2009
    Lynnwood, WA
    All: On this subject of OC v. CC, please note this line from Gura's most recent brief on the stay:

"Maryland law already allows Defendant Brown to limit the scope of permits to open or concealed carry. Md. Pub. Safety § 5-307(b)."

Interesting. MSP would never in their right minds restrict it to OC only.

lordtie20001

Jan 26, 2012
    Where do you go to fill out the paper work? I live in Pasadena, MD. Can you download the forum and fill it out before going?

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    I'm so sick of Maryland's anti-2nd BS I've been looking for homes in WV. Lower taxes there too.

People say WV has lower taxes, but I haven't found it to be true. They do have lower property taxes, but each year you have to also pay a tax on personal property like RV's, cars, campers, etc. At tax time, you have to declare items you bought or had shipped from out of state to WV, because they want you to pay WV taxes on these items. I could go on.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Sure they would...
    They would restrict it to OC... Then arrest you for disturbing the peace.
    Look at the AG's argument..."It is legal to carry a long gun."

Does the Ruger GP100 come in 18.5":innocent0

meh.ro4950.jpg

OKOKokokok... So, I'm on a list now......

MDresident

Sep 22, 2010
    The key word here is "process". It still exists, but the interpretation of it differs.

The MSP know they cannot deny without a sound constitutional reason. We've talked about it. Subjective rulings are out. If they find something 'bad', they will need to prove that you should not get a permit. They know the evaluation has flipped 180 degrees: the citizen must be presumed to be eligible. It is up to the government to prove otherwise. This is not a light task, and they know it.

We talked some scenarios, and from those I feel they understand the gravity of that determination. For one thing, they expect any such denial must be able to stand up in a federal court. Again...not a small jump. And there will be some legitimate denials. Society is not perfect.

The process used today is from an earlier time. The law changed fast, and outside normal channels. The process will need to catch up. If they 4th turns down the emergency stay motion, the changes will probably occur soon. Otherwise, we wait.

Thanks for the balanced reply, Patrick.

What is most distressing here is the number of those that don't see the broader, deeper picture, that fundamental rights are fundamental rights. In my opinion, and, it is my opinion, folks that feel that intrusive, invasive, detailed or otherwise premeditated survey, interview, consultation or other informational collections (other than posted previous criminal acts, of which are public record) is an infringement of exercising a fundamental right without incumberance. Those that can't see this, well, I tried my best to indicate that you are relinquishing constitutional freedoms whether you realize it or not. I am done now, I can only hope the course will take the proper course.

MDresident

Sep 22, 2010
    You are providing them with the references. Unless you are a shitty person period, you should have people willing to vouch for you. There is no discretionary decisions being made. If you exhibit a propensity to violence then you will be denied. If you beat your wife you will be denied. If you are an alcoholic or druggie you will be denied. That is it. If your references are inferring that you are one of those then you either need to shape up your life or get better friends.

Wow, you really missed the point of my post.
    Why should I have to supply references, subject to consultation, interview and descretion by a beauracratic body to enjoy and exercise a fundamental right? :sad20:
    If I have no previous (public record) criminal convictions, I should be freely able to enjoy and exercise my fundamental rights.
    Do you also feel I need to supply references before I can engage in free speech, or practice my chosen religion?

lordtie20001

Jan 26, 2012
    Do we have to mail the application in or can we just hand it in? Trying to find the fastest way to get this done. Also if we have to mail these in should we wait until the 8th or do it ASAP?

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Post it on the 8th.

MSP have asked people not to do a pop in at the office. It takes staff away from processing apps.

Gray Peterson

Aug 18, 2009
    Lynnwood, WA
    Thanks for the balanced reply, Patrick.

What is most distressing here is the number of those that don't see the broader, deeper picture, that fundamental rights are fundamental rights. In my opinion, and, it is my opinion, folks that feel that intrusive, invasive, detailed or otherwise premeditated survey, interview, consultation or other informational collections (other than posted previous criminal acts, of which are public record) is an infringement of exercising a fundamental right without incumberance. Those that can't see this, well, I tried my best to indicate that you are relinquishing constitutional freedoms whether you realize it or not. I am done now, I can only hope the course will take the proper course.

As we stated, there are numerous other cases that would address that issue better. There is a facial challenge to good cause and good moral character being done in California which would be better reflected to resolve that particular issue. Mr. Woollard was denied due to no-GSR only.

You must understand that the carry situation is being litigated in more than just Maryland. Every may-issue state is being targeted with litigation. Unfortunately, most of the federal district court judges in the carry litigation market have been dishonest and required appellate review for getting Heller wrong. You folks in Maryland got lucky.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Never say never. Making open only carry could be a move on their part that they gamble that most people would be prevented by potential fear/ embarassment / ridacule of fellow citizens . That aproach backfired on the State in OH , but nobody accuses Md of paying attention to the practices of other jurisdiction.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom