• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigred

Ultimate Member
    Nov 18, 2009
    Middle River
    Any one know what the shortest barrel they make for the mossberg 500 persuader? I know they make an 18'' but wasnt sure if the make a 16'' or not.

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    I thought they were considered handguns?

Nothing smooth bore or larger than .500" bore size can be a 'pistol'. Ingoes is doing NFA, trust me I know ;) If a shotgun never had a butt stock, and never will, it can be done as AOW with what ever barrel length you like.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Nothing smooth bore or larger than .500" bore size can be a 'pistol'. Ingoes is doing NFA, trust me I know ;) If a shotgun never had a butt stock, and never will, it can be done as AOW with what ever barrel length you like.

So the short SxS shotgun with pistol grip is AOW not NFA and requires the cheaper stamp?

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    So the short SxS shotgun with pistol grip is AOW not NFA and requires the cheaper stamp?

Unfortunately no. The original gun had a stock, so can not be considered aow . It's stupid I know, but that has to be sbs . The Mossberg persuader that comes from factory with no shoulder stock, or the same style in other brands, qualify to be built as aows

Jeffmohn

Feb 26, 2012
    Got to be careful getting a 18 in barrell for a mossy that has bigger because the tubes are diff.. i have 18 in and the tube goes to the end(about 4-5 in longer) then the mag tubes on longer barrell mossys

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    Got to be careful getting a 18 in barrell for a mossy that has bigger because the tubes are diff.. i have 18 in and the tube goes to the end(about 4-5 in longer) then the mag tubes on longer barrell mossys

Sure what you have isn't a twenty inch. Some of the 20" barrel persuaders have tubes that went to the end of the barrel. That is an exclusive model sold by one of my wholesalers, and the preffered model for me.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Unfortunately no. The original gun had a stock, so can not be considered aow . It's stupid I know, but that has to be sbs . The Mossberg persuader that comes from factory with no shoulder stock, or the same style in other brands, qualify to be built as aows

I thought they used virgin receivers. Well, shucks. :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom