• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life

0nesh0t

Feb 20, 2011
    Anne Arundel
    Wool! It doesn't hold a smell as bad as polyester or cotton.

My first hunting gear came from goodwill. Green wool sweater, grey wool dress pants, and a wool button up plaid shirt. I had an old M65 OD field jacket too.

I've added a Filson upland vest, Woolrich cap, some home-made briar pants out of double front carharts. Also a couple "new" sweaters of different thickness for layers. Asolo Gore-tex hiking boots and/or some generic closeout hunting boots from Cabellas.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    :lol2:

My youngest son likes Mossy Oak 'Break-up'.

I like Realtree.

:thumbsup:

I like anything that makes me look like I know what I am doing.

I don't like camo patterns that continue to make people ask me, "Did you catch anything ?" I have to assume that more fisherman are wearing Real Tree or Break Up these days...

HOWEVER I have created a nice reply to that stupidly worded question. I always reply with, "No, and I even bought some new Buck Tails and they just don't seem to be working well" The blank stare on the persons face is worth a million laughs to me. They have no idea what a buck tail is. They just assume it is a deer lure of some sort.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Wool! It doesn't hold a smell as bad as polyester or cotton.

My first hunting gear came from goodwill. Green wool sweater, grey wool dress pants, and a wool button up plaid shirt. I had an old M65 OD field jacket too.

I've added a Filson upland vest, Woolrich cap, some home-made briar pants out of double front carharts. Also a couple "new" sweaters of different thickness for layers. Asolo Gore-tex hiking boots and/or some generic closeout hunting boots from Cabellas.

I can only assume you only hunted in the months of December and January.

0nesh0t

Feb 20, 2011
    Anne Arundel
    Wool is very breathable if layered properly. It also doesn't stick when you sweat. I have a couple lightweight merino sweaters that are great for early season. They also make wool base layers (ibex, smartwool, etc...) that are awesome.

I leave the hi-tech stretch synthetic polyester under-armor stuff for running and aerobic activity.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    When I think of wool, I think of that very itchy green wool blanket I had to sleep on in basic training in South Carolina in the summer. Of course they also make summer weight wool, just not that the Army buys!

I always wondered about the camo with the different color backgrounds like orange and blue. I guess it's a fashion world sorta thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom