The peoples republic of New Jersey is at it again!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pope414

Can't say I'm surprised they are really pushing for background checks for private sales and transfers. Requiring all transfers or sales to go thru a ffl. Basically a way to create a database of guns and gun owners.

The Assembly Judiciary Committee advanced the following bills :

A1181 – Requires firearms seizure when a mental health professional determines a patient poses a threat of harm to self or others.
    A1217 – Authorizes gun violence restraining orders and firearm seizure warrants.
    A2757 – Requires background checks for private gun sales.
    A2758 – Codifies regulations defining justifiable need to carry a handgun.
    A2759 – Prohibits possession of ammunition capable of penetrating body armor.
    A2761 – Reduces maximum capacity of ammunition magazines to 10 rounds; exempts firearms with .22 caliber tubular magazines from 10 round limitation.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    "Prohibits possession of ammunition capable of penetrating body armor." ... like the standard stuff I'd feed my .30-06 to hunt deer or elk? And, what sort of body armor?

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    If A1181 becomes law, every NJ mental health professional will report any patient who owns a gun as a threat, as CYA to avoid liability. Guaranteed.

Pope414

NJ is trying their best to outlaw the 2nd Amendment anyway they can..... We better hope a 2A case gets heard......NJ is bass ackwards ....marijuana sure ,illegal immigrants great.....the U.S Constitution ....nah....f-that

johnkorz

Feb 25, 2013
    Savage
    I would have to agree. Every doctor will begin asking if you own a firearm and report back there assessment of your health. This means that every military person who may suffer from PTSD will fall into this category.

Dan_G

Feb 20, 2013
    Frederick ,MD
    I moved here from NJ about 3 years ago. At the time I moved out I think I was one of about 300 people in the state with an FFL03. NJ hates guns even though there are actually a good amount of right leaning people there.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    You already have to have a "Firearms Purchaser ID Card" to buy a long gun (or a BB gun :rolleyes:)ftf in New Jersey, just like if you were buying from an FFL. And those require an extensive background investigation, complete with reference interviews and a full and complete medical/psych release. And there is a state form that must be filled out at time of sale and both parties are required to keep a copy.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    If A1181 becomes law, every NJ mental health professional will report any patient who owns a gun as a threat, as CYA to avoid liability. Guaranteed.

Of course. And some physicians will refer patients who owns guns to a mental health professional, either "just in case," or on the grounds that anybody who wants to own a gun must be nuts.

Slippery slope, system is guaranteed to be fraught with abuse. Beginning of the end. Planned that way.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Correct. It would automatically ban most rifle ammunition.

It's only for handgun ammo. Basically it outlaws Tula handgun ammo and the like.

(3) any person, other than a law enforcement officer, who knowingly has in his possession handgun ammunition which has a full metal jacket and an ogive with a steel penetrator tip followed by an aluminum core and is therefore capable of breaching or penetrating body armor

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    NJ is trying their best to outlaw the 2nd Amendment anyway they can..... We better hope a 2A case gets heard......NJ is bass ackwards ....marijuana sure ,illegal immigrants great.....the U.S Constitution ....nah....f-that

Great description of Maryland

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    NJ is becoming more and more like NYC day by day. heck its already the bedroom community of the city why not just go all the way and become part of it as well. Call NYC and the whole dam state the state of NYC.... Build a wall around NYC and the whole dam state let them all live in their own glass house and give them no help.. they will all implode sooner or later..

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    It's only for handgun ammo. Basically it outlaws Tula handgun ammo and the like.

(3) any person, other than a law enforcement officer, who knowingly has in his possession handgun ammunition which has a full metal jacket and an ogive with a steel penetrator tip followed by an aluminum core and is therefore capable of breaching or penetrating body armor

If that is what it is doing...that is a very slight extension of the current federal ban on armor piercing ammunition (granted, manufacture, not possession).

But...I have never heard of ammo with a steel tip and aluminum core. Typical steel case stuff has a bimetal jacket with a lead core. It is the typical gilded coating a few thousandths of an inch thick with a steel jacket about twice that thickness and then the lead core.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    who in the heck would want to live in (or go to or travel thru) NJ? a place that gives the big middle finger to gun owners. the dirtiest, nastiest state i've ever been to. i've heard there are some prettier spots there but i sure have never seen them. if i never go back there again it will be way too soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom