Charles Daly 12 ga semi auto- piece of junk

Thompson Center Black Diamond- too hard to maintain compared to TC Omega

Ruger P95 Big brick, no soul to it

Beretta 92fs not accurate

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Taurus Millennium Pro 9mm(trigger sucked and the white insert fell out of the front sight)-SOLD. I can name many that I REGRET selling though:sad20:

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    My only regret was a 1st gen KelTec sub2000 in .40 cal. Uncomfortable to shoot, FTF issues with various ammo, and uglier than Rosie O'Donnell's cootchie pop. I hear the new ones are improved... might have to look at them again. Probably make a decent trunk gun. Anybody have 1st hand experience with these?

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Anybody have 1st hand experience with these?

I'm on my 2nd Sub 2000 Gen 2 9mm. First one slapped my cheek because it was so skinny of a stock that I couldn't physically get a decent cheek weld, and the front site came unscrewed....sold it to some guy who just had to have one...

For some reason i bought another...it's so accurate it's almost boring to shoot, and with a simple adjustment of the stock length, eliminated the cheek slapping...

I like this one a lot better, even though its the same gun...except this one was brand new. I still don't really understand the cult following or allure of them, but it is very easy to point and shoot.

I've never had a failure of any kind with either.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Just remembered another one. I've owned many SIG P220's, P226's, P228's in two tone, nickel and stainless. They were all great pistols but, the one I really should've passed-on was one of the first P229's for sale at my LGS in 1992(?) or thereabouts. .40 S&W was brand new at the time, there weren't many factory loads available and my brand new P229...couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with any of it! Accuracy was so incredibly awful that it was about all I could do to stay on a silhouette target from more than 7 yards away. All my other SIGs had been very accurate up to that point, particularly the .45's. I didn't have much patience for it. I think I kept about a month before selling it.

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    Taurus M94 .22 revolver. I have had three new ones sent to me from the factory over the last 4 years. Not one has been safe to shoot. I have waited over a year each time. Im torn, do I take it to a smith for repairs or do I send it back again and wait another year. Ive never been able to shoot one, so Im not even sure that I like it. Ill never buy a Taurus again!

Last edited:

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    The Taurus TCP 380 I bought new jams every two or three rounds with HPs and almost every round with ball. The rounds wont eject as fast as they feed and they jam together at the ejection port. You have to drop the mag to clear it. I only took it to the range once. Out of disgust I just threw it in my dresser drawer when I got home. I just keep forgetting to send it back to Taurus.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    The One(s) You Regretted Buying

Already mentioned the S&W Sigma, (the ultimate regret), but there's more, for sure...

In no particular order...

BOTH Ruger 10/22's. Everyone seems to love them, so I tried one, then two...lol. Bought one, hated it, sold it, tried another, still hated it, sold it too...my wrist physically cannot bend at the right angle to be comfortable shooting it, had to use middle finger as trigger finger. Sure, could have bought another stock, trigger, whatever...

RUGER 22/45...very accurate and reliable, just shoots way too soft, and even with a red dot reflex sight, is zero fun to me...still have it.

HERITAGE Rough Rider 22LR w/6.5" barrel...was fun, twice, now boring...must just be a 22LR thing??? still have it.

GLOCK G-17 Gen 4...Never felt right to me. Couldn't hit squat with it either. It had Talon grip tape on it when I bought it, so never could, or did, try different backstraps....so sold it. Really like my G-19 and G-21, and thought since this one was in between, more or less, it was a perfect addition...Gone...

REMINGTON R1 1911...for me, (still) just not an enjoyable gun to shoot. Even with Hogue rubber grips, new fitted trigger, and a few other mods by a 1911 guru, I just can't seem to warm up to it, but not for lack of trying. I'll say this...it is NO COMPARISON to my RUGER SR1911...but still have it...for now.

RUGER LCP .380...perfect pocket gun, but has not been consistent with JHP's...so, I guess, not so perfect pocket gun...lol. Still have it.

ROCK ISLAND ARMORY .38 snubnose revolver...after 550 rounds or so, still is not 100% reliable or consistent. VERY Intermittently, won't reset the trigger, so it could never be counted on for any sort of HD/SD use. Still have it, but have given up on it as anything but a range toy.

SMITH & WESSON M&P 15-22 RIFLE...very accurate, and lightweight, just had ZERO fun shooting it...and sold it within a month of buying it.

My biggest regret is that I am hard headed and keep buying 22's, thinking I'll somehow, some way, like shooting one...but I don't, and probably won't...lol. The only one I own that I actually enjoy shooting for some strange reason, is a Winchester 190, of the early 1970's vintage...

Looking at my list now, I think there's a Classified ad forthcoming...

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    My biggest regret is that I am hard headed and keep buying 22's, thinking I'll somehow, some way, like shooting one...but I don't, and probably won't...lol. The only one I own that I actually enjoy shooting for some strange reason, is a Winchester 190, of the early 1970's vintage...

I think you should take your Ruger pistol and go shoot a Steel Challenge match with it. Punching paper with a .22 is boring. Drag racing with a .22 pistol is fun.

Blazin

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2008
    Leonardtown, MD
    Interesting thread, surprised there's no Hi-Points listed.

I've owned a lot of guns over the years, but the only ones that really stick out as complete pieces of crap are the H&R 929 22 revolver that kept having the rear sight fall off, and the Rossi 22 pump rifle.

Fast forward 20 years and I'm considering purchasing a Rossi 44 lever action, but I am hesitant.

vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA
    Marlin 795 and Savage MKII GXP both great functioning guns but I am acquiring a 22 silencer. Since these are not threaded and the barrels are not easy to remove to get them threaded I now regret them. For the price a threading with a receiver attached I could just by a new firearm with a factory threaded barrel. The Savage MKII GXP was a Dicks exclusive and included a 4x scope at the expense of removing the Accu-Trigger, not drilled and tapped, and no irons, and came from Dicks which is also another regret.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom