PSA CHF CL 1/7 Middy 5.56mm 16" Lightweight M4 Upper
    Magpul Pro Rear Sight
    CAR15 Stock Assembly
    Magpul Moe Grip
    Raptor Charging Handle
    BCM Sling Plate

Ultra Lite AR Carbine.
    As it sits it weighs 6.3lbs.
    Eventually it will weigh 5.0lbs. I hope to achieve this by replacing the following parts with:
    V SEVEN titanium parts
    -Trigger and Hammer Pins
    -Sling Plate
    -Castle Nut
    -Selector
    -Buffer Detent
    -Grip Screw
    -Take Down and Pivot Pins
    -Magazine Catch Assembly
    -Buffer Tube (Aluminum)
    -Forward Assist (Aluminum)

I also plan on getting:
    -Magpul Moe K Grip
    -MFT Minimalist Stock
    -Strike Industries Dust Cover
    -MI 10.5" G3 M-Lok Handguard

Of course my husband being a gunsmith makes it all possible! ;) And as you can see, he already has it on his bench!

Nice rifle!

Is the bottle of Miltec I gave him still there?

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    An AR to call my own!

Pre Ban PSA lower
    PSA CHF CL 1/7 Middy 5.56mm 16" Lightweight M4 Upper
    Magpul Pro Rear Sight
    CAR15 Stock Assembly
    Magpul Moe Grip
    Raptor Charging Handle
    BCM Sling Plate

Ultra Lite AR Carbine.
    As it sits it weighs 6.3lbs.
    Eventually it will weigh 5.0lbs. I hope to achieve this by replacing the following parts with:
    V SEVEN titanium parts
    -Trigger and Hammer Pins
    -Sling Plate
    -Castle Nut
    -Selector
    -Buffer Detent
    -Grip Screw
    -Take Down and Pivot Pins
    -Magazine Catch Assembly
    -Buffer Tube (Aluminum)
    -Forward Assist (Aluminum)

I also plan on getting:
    -Magpul Moe K Grip
    -MFT Minimalist Stock
    -Strike Industries Dust Cover
    -MI 10.5" G3 M-Lok Handguard

Of course my husband being a gunsmith makes it all possible! ;) And as you can see, he already has it on his bench!

Chad

What is the Ideal Clear guide used for that you have on your bench? I use it at work from time to time for pulling wires, but use does it have in the gunsmithing world?

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Chad

What is the Ideal Clear guide used for that you have on your bench? I use it at work from time to time for pulling wires, but use does it have in the gunsmithing world?
    I have heard, though it may be strictly rumor, that more than gunsmithing can go on in that trailer.. :innocent0

:D

Dmacri25

Ultimate Member
    Mar 15, 2014
    BelAir,MD
    Chad

If I had to guess its for shooting suppressors wet. Ive used other wire gel in the past anf it works great.

Or it could be exactly what were all thinking.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Nice rifle!

Is the bottle of Miltec I gave him still there?

I keep that in the safe with the Tetra, Frog Lube, and Fireclean.:D

Nice looking rifle ya got there Mrs C! Say, the stock looks a vaguely familiar. ;)

:thumbsup::D

Chad

As mentioned. Its great for pistol caliber suppressors.

I have heard, though it may be strictly rumor, that more than gunsmithing can go on in that trailer.. :innocent0

:D

There is no proof of that. :)

If I had to guess its for shooting suppressors wet. Ive used other wire gel in the past and it works great.

Or it could be exactly what were all thinking.

This man knows cans. :thumbsup:

MontaniSemperLiberi

MD Survivor
    Nov 12, 2011
    West By'God Virginia
    IMG_20160621_134301_zps2ogb8vyi.jpg~original

Built this for my wife and gave it to her this morning for her birthday. It's her first rifle.

Specs:

Mega Arms Forged Upper & Lower
    BCM BFH 16" Enhanced Lightweight Barrel
    BCM Gunfighter 5.56 Compensator Mod 1
    BCM Ionbond FDE BCG
    BCM Mil-Spec Buffer Tube
    Rainier Arms Milspec Castle Nut
    SLR GB6 Gas Block
    SLR Melonited Medium Length Gas Tube
    Geissele Mk8 15" DDC (Desert Dirt Color) Handguard
    Geissele SSA Trigger
    Geissele Super Charge Handle DDC
    Geissele Super 42 Buffer & Spring
    Battle Arms Development BAD-CASS (Standard/Thin) Ambi Selector
    Battle Arms Development Enhanced Take-down & Pivot Pins
    V7 Lightweight Mag Catch
    V7 Lightweight Bolt Release
    Magpul Ehanced AR Mag Release
    Magpul Pro BUIS
    Magpul MOE+ Grip
    Magpul MIAD Trigger Guard
    Magpul ASAP QD Endplate
    Magpul MOE SL Stock

Once she learns irons, it'll have a Viper PST 1-4x (Mil) mounted w/ the Geissele Super Precision DDC mount.

crazybird

Clandestines Wife
    Oct 3, 2009
    Cecil County
    IMG_20160621_134301_zps2ogb8vyi.jpg~original

Built this for my wife and gave it to her this morning for her birthday. It's her first rifle.

Specs:

Mega Arms Forged Upper & Lower
    BCM BFH 16" Enhanced Lightweight Barrel
    BCM Gunfighter 5.56 Compensator Mod 1
    BCM Ionbond FDE BCG
    BCM Mil-Spec Buffer Tube
    Rainier Arms Milspec Castle Nut
    SLR GB6 Gas Block
    SLR Melonited Medium Length Gas Tube
    Geissele Mk8 15" DDC (Desert Dirt Color) Handguard
    Geissele SSA Trigger
    Geissele Super Charge Handle DDC
    Geissele Super 42 Buffer & Spring
    Battle Arms Development BAD-CASS (Standard/Thin) Ambi Selector
    Battle Arms Development Enhanced Take-down & Pivot Pins
    V7 Lightweight Mag Catch
    V7 Lightweight Bolt Release
    Magpul Ehanced AR Mag Release
    Magpul Pro BUIS
    Magpul MOE+ Grip
    Magpul MIAD Trigger Guard
    Magpul ASAP QD Endplate
    Magpul MOE SL Stock

Once she learns irons, it'll have a Viper PST 1-4x (Mil) mounted w/ the Geissele Super Precision DDC mount.

Gorgeous! What an awesome Birthday gift! She's a lucky girl!

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    oBj0B4e.jpg

263a9Bw.jpg

HBAR mutt rifle, I put it together with whatever I had lying around, plus a couple things from Gun Connection.

Enjoy. I think it needs to have the same teal color on the handguard, what do you think? It looks different photographed, I need to find the charger for my SLR so I can get the white balance correct, a cell phone camera doesn't do it justice.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Started as some leftover parts. Ended up as 16" middy with BA barrel, Midwest rail, Rainier Comp and upper, and Magpul grey furniture.

crazybird

Clandestines Wife
    Oct 3, 2009
    Cecil County
    oBj0B4e.jpg

263a9Bw.jpg

HBAR mutt rifle, I put it together with whatever I had lying around, plus a couple things from Gun Connection.

Enjoy. I think it needs to have the same teal color on the handguard, what do you think? It looks different photographed, I need to find the charger for my SLR so I can get the white balance correct, a cell phone camera doesn't do it justice.

I like the teal color. How did you do that? Powder Coat? Spray Paint?

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    I used this paint in the color called "Satin Lagoon" and my wife thinks it came out quite well. I told her to pick out a color while we were in Wal*Mart the other night.

The paint laid well, but it takes about two days to dry enough to install parts, don't believe the bottle.

I should have sandblasted rather than just roughing it with a brillo pad and cleaning with acetone. Next receiver I mill I'll anodize then paint with it to see how it comes out. It looks like it's starting to wear though already. Damn spray-cans never has enough hardener in it.

crazybird

Clandestines Wife
    Oct 3, 2009
    Cecil County
    I used this paint in the color called "Satin Lagoon" and my wife thinks it came out quite well. I told her to pick out a color while we were in Wal*Mart the other night.

The paint laid well, but it takes about two days to dry enough to install parts, don't believe the bottle.

I should have sandblasted rather than just roughing it with a brillo pad and cleaning with acetone. Next receiver I mill I'll anodize then paint with it to see how it comes out. It looks like it's starting to wear though already. Damn spray-cans never has enough hardener in it.

Is this your wife's gun? She picked a great color! I've been trying to decide if I want color or if I should just stick with black. Out of all my husbands guns, he has never put color on any, so I have no hands on experience with how it would hold up. I'm curious to see how your next one will turn out after you anodize it.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    Yeah, it's her gun, she wants me to try to balance out the color by painting the hand guard, but I think I'll put a Magpul MOE hand guard on it so it fits her hand better. I think if I paint the hand guard to match, it'll look a ton more "balanced" as far as color.

Her 9mm SBR is probably going to be painted in hounds tooth when we get done with it.

crazybird

Clandestines Wife
    Oct 3, 2009
    Cecil County
    Yeah, it's her gun, she wants me to try to balance out the color by painting the hand guard, but I think I'll put a Magpul MOE hand guard on it so it fits her hand better. I think if I paint the hand guard to match, it'll look a ton more "balanced" as far as color.

Her 9mm SBR is probably going to be painted in hounds tooth when we get done with it.

I agree that painting the hand guard will make it look more cohesive.

Houndstooth!! Sounds cool but that seems like a complicated pattern to pull off. Will you use a stencil?

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    Thank you, I just have to find her a hand guard she'll like first, heh. And yeah, stencil is the only way I can imagine doing it. I considered vinyl decal stenciling, but there's no way I want to weed that vinyl.

I'm going to do some testing first and figure out the best way to tackle the 9mm receiver, I don't want to mess it up, heh.

crazybird

Clandestines Wife
    Oct 3, 2009
    Cecil County
    Thank you, I just have to find her a hand guard she'll like first, heh. And yeah, stencil is the only way I can imagine doing it. I considered vinyl decal stenciling, but there's no way I want to weed that vinyl.

I'm going to do some testing first and figure out the best way to tackle the 9mm receiver, I don't want to mess it up, heh.

I've seen some cool videos on Water Transfer. Not sure if it's what you're looking for, and it can be costly, but it might save you some hassle.

Either way, I look forward to seeing the end result! I'll keep an eye out for when you post pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom