• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I bought two Uppers today minus BCG's and charging handles.

first one is a 24" stainless fluted Bull barrel

Second im gonna try my luck with a 7.62x39 Upper, Anyone got any pointers as to what Mags to use etc??

also need some BCG's if anyone has any to sell.

killng

Nov 29, 2015
    moco
    de1474588084bd31e467778662f471d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Thank you Sir!

Love the DIY paint work! I got a little brave yesterday myself, but still a bit too nervous to try doing the receivers just yet...but am going to go for it soon...lol. So far only did the free float rail.

The stock and grip are "Foliage Green" so I just tried to make it match somewhat. Pretty satisfied with the results.

Pics are same gun, one before the scope in good light, and one with the scope, in the dungeon I call the laundry room, lol

Last edited:

outrider58

Loves Red Balloons
    MDS Supporter
    Love the DIY paint work! I got a little brave yesterday myself, but still a bit too nervous to try doing the receivers just yet...but am going to go for it soon...lol. So far only did the free float rail.

The stock and grip are "Foliage Green" so I just tried to make it match somewhat. Pretty satisfied with the results.

Pics are same gun, one before the scope in good light, and one with the scope, in the dungeon I call the laundry room, lol

That looks good. When you finally work up the nerve, go all out and remove all the external moving parts(a real pain in the butt, I know) and leave them black. It really sets the paint job off.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• Byron's long gun.jpg
      Byron's long gun.jpg
      37.3 KB · Views: 649

drewhall

May 29, 2009
    Maryland
    I sprayed mine, removed most of the parts but left some of it in place. Used the dame rustoleum camo paint. Im suprised how well it holds up to oil. Hasnt gotten gummy or anything yet and its been painted for probably a year now. I did the close to foliage green and some brown, the green is close enough for me to foliage I left the stock and grip unpainted, looks the same.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia

Looks great man. Just do the rest. You won't regret it.

That turned out great! I heard that rail warps due to the aluminum/magnesium, have you ran into such things? Considering getting that same rail in the future (possibly the 13") model, due to how crazy light those things are! :D

This is my second KMR and I've never had any issues with it.

SpecialJ79

Feb 20, 2013
    SoMD
    Since we're showing off rattle can jobs. Don't knock the colors. It's what the missus picked when I built her rifle.
    5a5f76837592eebca6bb919ad84351c1.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

SpecialJ79

Feb 20, 2013
    SoMD
    Hate the purple but the camo job is first rate!:thumbsup:

Yea, like I said, colors were the wife's choice. I'm just glad that she enjoys going out and shooting with me. And doesn't gimme too much grief when I wanna spend money on guns or new parts.... As long as I promise to take her out for some range time too!

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Yea, like I said, colors were the wife's choice. I'm just glad that she enjoys going out and shooting with me. And doesn't gimme too much grief when I wanna spend money on guns or new parts.... As long as I promise to take her out for some range time too!

Despite the colors, you did a hell of a job on the paint. That looks like a factory finish. Great job.

SpecialJ79

Feb 20, 2013
    SoMD
    Despite the colors, you did a hell of a job on the paint. That looks like a factory finish. Great job.

I dig it. Don't think I could rock that color, but you did an awesome job :thumbsup:
    Thanks fellas. I was actually kinda my own worst critic with it. Some spots didn't come out the way I wanted and it's made me put off painting my own rifle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom