• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheYetti

Apr 8, 2013
    Ellicott City
    IhgYn5.jpg

Who makes that hand guard? Its gorgeous. Update: After 233 pages I found KAC URX 3.1

Edit: Using this thread as motivation for first build; first parts ordered. Now its just a matter of time (24 count down sound).

Last edited:

Blu Falcon

Recon by Fire
    Aug 28, 2012
    Colorado
    Whats your impression of the CRD?

The CRD works as advertised. By now I'm sure you know that Griffin Armament (Blast Shield) and Gemtech (Blast Jacket) have also recently introduced competing blast/concussion reduction systems to the market. The naked brake of the Ferfrans CRD performs just as well as any brake of similar design. When the CRD is mounted, there is a noticeable difference in felt recoil as the blast is channeled forward. With or without the device, it's quite a flame thrower, so this is not what you want residing at the business end of your barrel if flash suppression is paramount. I plan to run the system for a solid year before I decide to keep it or ditch it. I ultimately want to run it suppressed full time, so not sure if it'll go on a different gun or get shelved when that happens. I put over 500 rounds through the device so far. No issues. Hasn't gotten stuck or anything. So far so good.

If I missed it I apologize but id love to know some details. Love the build!

It's a factory KAC SR15E3 14.5" SBR. The only modifications I made/added were replacing the micro front sight with a different KAC front BUIS (P/N: 99051), perm pinned KAC MAMS muzzle device, Raptor charging handle, Magpul MOE K2 grip, stand-alone KAC handstop with a slightly modified bottom rail panel, and an LWRC compact stock.

Who makes that hand guard? Its gorgeous. Update: After 233 pages I found KAC URX 3.1

Edit: Using this thread as motivation for first build; first parts ordered. Now its just a matter of time (24 count down sound).

:thumbsup:

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    My Two Favorite AR's

The top one is a Daniel Defense V1 M4 with:

Vltor Stock
    Battlecomp Muzzle Brake
    Bravo Company Gunfighter Charging Handle
    Hogue Grip
    Daniel Defense vertical Foregrip
    Aimpoint Comp Red Dot with Cover
    LaRue Quick Detach Aimpoint Mount
    Viking Tactics Flashlight Mount
    SureFire 500 lumen flashlight
    Troy Industries QD Sling Mount
    Viking Tactics Sling (not pictured)

The bottom one is a LWRC IC Enhanced with:

Trijicon ACOG Amber Horseshoe
    Daniel Defense Vertical Fore-grip
    Vickers sling on the way.

I think I'll keep the LWRC light.

Attachments

• His and Hers IMG_1143.jpg
      His and Hers IMG_1143.jpg
      87.6 KB · Views: 1,026

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    Just put it together this evening

Finally received my WOA barrel and put this together after dinner today. I'll post another pic after I mount the scope.

Attachments

• IMG_0689.jpg
      IMG_0689.jpg
      55.3 KB · Views: 863
    • IMG_0693.jpg
      IMG_0693.jpg
      62.3 KB · Views: 954

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    Well, my crap for the AR pistol came two days early. Without further adieu, I present the newest toy.

DSC_0022.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0024.JPG

To give some size reference, since not everyone can picture the size of an AK :P:
    DSC_0026.JPG

I just used a black sharpie to darken the front of the CF tube, it looks a lot better, I only noticed it in the pictures. It's really small. Like, really really small. I have a sig brace coming, but I'm not sure I want to add the heft to it.

brandon1988

Jul 31, 2011
    GAITHERSBURG
    its a pinned 14.5 bbl w/ surefire mb556k muzzle brake, 15 inch magpul m lok handguard,black nitride bolt carrier group & mil spec trigger.

Attachments

• 20141129_001345.jpg
      20141129_001345.jpg
      37.8 KB · Views: 801

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    Gotta revive this thread!

Here's my recent build, a Colt HBAR clone. I can't wait to take it out to the range.

20141223_174451.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BuffaloBrent

Latest threads

Top Bottom