• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Sweet! Here's mine. I whore it out nonstop. I have no shame. My favorite AR I own.

d80bf76ecf5d64ca1777314e45ac0e42.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Brings back memories! I was issued one that looked like that.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Yup, 1981 in Panama and parts north. Love the mag pouch, just need to get the ALICE and belt to bring it all back...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I've got a full 'H' rig. Mag pouches(3 mag type w/ frag carriers), butt pack, wound dressing pouch, cleaning kit...;)

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Nice--authentic 70s-80s issue? Add the bed roll and you're there!

I wanted to find something authentic, but kept wavering over whether it was really service issued on eBay. I finally just went with Condor and got an H-harness and belt to attach magazines and a dump pouch when I'm in training courses. A bud (much younger) convinced me to get a chest rig before I picked these up, but we didn't have these in the early 80s and it just feels weird packing weight on my chest like that (I recall a bandage packet and sometimes had a knife on the other strap). I like it simple.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Nice--authentic 70s-80s issue? Add the bed roll and you're there!

I wanted to find something authentic, but kept wavering over whether it was really service issued on eBay. I finally just went with Condor and got an H-harness and belt to attach magazines and a dump pouch when I'm in training courses. A bud (much younger) convinced me to get a chest rig before I picked these up, but we didn't have these in the early 80s and it just feels weird packing weight on my chest like that (I recall a bandage packet and sometimes had a knife on the other strap). I like it simple.

Authentic Vietnam issue mil-surplus. Missing the poncho liner and shelter half(poncho). I also have a medium Alice pack that I keep all my old climbing gear in. I still use the quick-release ruck straps on my tree stands. I've warn a few pairs out and they are getting real scarce now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom