• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    IMG_2099_zps20a1c04e.jpg

IMG_2118_zpse49d5a17.jpg

Is that one of Rainier's new keymod rails? I like it.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    the long-awaited Lothar-Walther prairie dog red-mist-maker. temporarily on an Engage lower for sight-in; will be on its new forged lower in a couple weeks when I get to Iowa. :D

pdog1 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

pdog2 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

And this is very close to what it'll do at 100.

pdoggroup1 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

pdoggroup2 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

I called all the flyers. I know the barrel will outshoot me, that's for damn sure. I don't have a photo (forgot the target) but 50-grain Nosler ballistic tips were even tighter. Swap out the ALG for a Geissele and I'm guessing if we can see 'em, we can mist 'em. Gonna be a good time.

Now to load ammo.....

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Nice rifle Ferret. Looks accurate as hell. Is that the 2x10 sitting on top. If so, I've been thinking about getting one for my next build.

I bet those Prairie Critters will be fearing that thing.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    thank you...it's definitely me that's holding it back. i can't *WAIT* to see what this does with a geissele.....but no paper targets at that point. just pdogs.

and nope. 6x24 sfp PST mil/mil.

stole it off my 308 bolt rig....cause that's gettin a G2DMR. bushnell does a .mil discount that puts the vortex's price (non-mil discount, that is) to shame. ;)

that said, the 16" BHW HBAR upper currently has a strikefire/3x magnifier combo. will be getting a 2.5-10 PST mil/mil later this summer.

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I have the Ergo F93 on my AR and it is rock solid. I saw 2 of AF's rifles in person and they are just as nice looking as the pics, he just needs to make sure his furry buddies don't develop a taste for poly :D

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Af, did you feel like the 16" is long enough for the Pdogs? I was going to go 18 or 20". I looked at the same stock here locally and it was solid. That may go on mine too. I will await your hunting report before ordering a barrel.

Feb 28, 2013
    Ive been dying to do a build like that.

It's just a Bushy with the 11.5" barrel and pinned/welded flash suppressor.

What did you use for a forend on the rifle itself?

I bought a free-float to put on it, but when I went to Gun Connection to get it put on we discovered it wouldn't fit down over the bird cage, so he pulled out something called a "Troy battle rail" and put that on. I picked up 3 rail covers and put those on the sides and top.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    It's just a Bushy with the 11.5" barrel and pinned/welded flash suppressor.

I bought a free-float to put on it, but when I went to Gun Connection to get it put on we discovered it wouldn't fit down over the bird cage, so he pulled out something called a "Troy battle rail" and put that on. I picked up 3 rail covers and put those on the sides and top.

It's art! I want to do it with an SP1 and some oversized pipe like in Predator.

Desperately trying to hold back from ordering my Mk12 upper...but my card is burning a hole in my wallet.

Sent from the Bantu Wind using Tapatalk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom