• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drewhall

May 29, 2009
    Maryland
    Thanks. The rail does get a little hot. What panels did you get for it?

MI has some that mount very flush and have a nice texture. I got one set with a hand stop and one without so just about the whole thing is covered. Much more comfortable to hold onto.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    MI has some that mount very flush and have a nice texture. I got one set with a hand stop and one without so just about the whole thing is covered. Much more comfortable to hold onto.

I just looked them up and will be ordering a set. Thanks :thumbsup:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    IMAG1344.jpg

Just picked up blackhawk's offset selector. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. It's definately WAY handier at putting the safety back on, but your thumb has to kind've reach up a bit more than normal to turn it off. I'll have to play around with it a bit to see if I like it better than the normal selector or not. I'm thinkin I do, it is different though. #summerboredom

Sc0tt556

Freedom...."Earn this"
    May 14, 2013
    MD
    Just picked up blackhawk's offset selector. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. It's definately WAY handier at putting the safety back on, but your thumb has to kind've reach up a bit more than normal to turn it off. I'll have to play around with it a bit to see if I like it better than the normal selector or not. I'm thinkin I do, it is different though. #summerboredom[/QUOTE]

Nice... but who makes that lower? Actual pic of the rifle would be nice to boot :)

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Nice... but who makes that lower? Actual pic of the rifle would be nice to boot :)

http://www.tacticalinc.com/t15bdx-billet-deluxe-billet-machined-ar15-lower-receiver-p-1082.html
    It's a tactical innovations t15bdx billet lower. I got it a while back over a regular forged lower because I liked how sturdy is was and that it has screws to tighten lower to upper fit and also to capture the rear detent spring when you take the buffer tube off to swap plates out. I've been very happy with it for a variety of reasons, but have a couple things I'd want improved. One is that the trigger guard has a pretty sharp angle on the bottom of it. When running around hard, it digs into my middle finger. Also, while not a big deal, it's got proprietary exterior dimensions. It means no redi-mag if you ever had that planned for your rifle's future. I do like the general cut of it though. the finger-rest is one of those things you don't think you'll like as much as you end up liking it.
    IMAG1342.jpg
    border.jpg

verizonguy

Sep 30, 2010
    Bel Air, MD
    Here is the beginning of my latest project....UCWRG FDE Upper and Lower set, 13" Spikes Tactical BAR2 Rail.

Attachments

• DSC_0031.JPG
      DSC_0031.JPG
      135.8 KB · Views: 663
    • DSC_0033.JPG
      DSC_0033.JPG
      52.7 KB · Views: 658

cpc1027

Jun 25, 2010
    Sparks
    All of my ARs are nice, but they are fairly standard. This one however has been a long time in the making, just finished tonight, and I'm pretty excited about it. Let the load workups begin! :party29:

Seekins billet lower (from the GB)
    Geissele SSA-E FCG
    Precision Firearms 23" .223 Wylde upper
    Magpul PRS stock
    Atlas bipod and monopod

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic, photography is not one of my hobbies.

20130715_210533.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom