• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    14 deer came back tonight, pretty sure there were a few bucks that dropped antlers, they were charging in head first.

One big deer came late to the party and owned the feed pile for 30 mins or so. Funny to watch

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    It was the 31st last year wasn't it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Busted a big (100lbs) baldie on Thursday, making four deer for the year. Four shots, all with the same arrow. The broadhead is still in decent shape, too!

Didn't get out NEARLY as much as I have in the past, but managed a 28% success rate for trips out vs bounty delivered. Passed up six other shooting opportunities. Not a bad season.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Some people shouldnt even be breathing...I went to Walmart today picked up some deer corn. And typically I get the PETA lovers asking me questions...Today it was just pure stupid..big bag with bold letters says DEER CORN...guy asks whats that for....I just looked at him for a second and said, Deer?:)

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Some people shouldnt even be breathing...I went to Walmart today picked up some deer corn. And typically I get the PETA lovers asking me questions...Today it was just pure stupid..big bag with bold letters says DEER CORN...guy asks whats that for....I just looked at him for a second and said, Deer?:)

Mouth breather.:rolleyes:

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Its basically spring thaw out west and the deer are out in the wheat fields eating some tender shoots:lol2: Farmers prob arent too happy about it but not much they can do. Elk do the same with more damage. The town next to us has a herd of elk in the city limits...they have made camp where they spray the "overflow" cleaned sewer water...they have a good sized field of grass, water nearby and cant get shot so they feel safe.:lol2:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Its basically spring thaw out west and the deer are out in the wheat fields eating some tender shoots:lol2: Farmers prob arent too happy about it but not much they can do. Elk do the same with more damage. The town next to us has a herd of elk in the city limits...they have made camp where they spray the "overflow" cleaned sewer water...they have a good sized field of grass, water nearby and cant get shot so they feel safe.:lol2:

Wheat fields are some of the best places to shed hunt. Most farmers will let you because of the tire damage they suffer from running over them.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Wheat fields are some of the best places to shed hunt. Most farmers will let you because of the tire damage they suffer from running over them.
    :thumbsup:
    Ive been looking but I think others have as well...I went to one place where I thought for sure I'd find something but all I found was some old carcass of deer not one shed antler...lots of sign they had been there.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Sat down to dinner tonight and around 5:15 pm, out from the woods comes not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 deer feeding on the new grasses. They came out about 250 yards away and came to within 200 yards of my house. All 4 looked pretty good. So my guess is that this fall's season is going to be great. All looked to have full bellies and good coats. One deer did have a bald spot between it's left should about 1 3rd the way up it's neck. It did look like a healed wound. Very triangular in shape. I took pictures with my cell phone and am working to make them presentable. Which may not happen. 200 yards from a cell phone is farther than I think the camera can focus.

These are the first deer in my yard since, I'm guessing September. They stayed around for about 20 minutes and then meandered back into the woods. Good to seem them, even with them being 3 months too late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom