• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Any AK mags in 5.56? Headed there tomorrow at some point.

I didn’t make note of any because I wasn’t looking. That show had jammed packed tables. With several dedicated magazine vendors and many on mixed gun, mag, ammo tables. I would be surprised if you didn’t find something.

I wonder if tomorrow with be less crowded because of Father’s Day.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    That might be because firearm theft is way up in recent Nations Gun Show history. Last show I attended a woman came over the loud speaker and warned vendors that they just caught someone stealing a gun and to be watchful of inventory.

Gotcha. Makes sense then. I wasn’t trying to imply they were looking for signs of someone carrying per se but they were all over. I was in line for a soda and one State Trooper came out of a back door and was hanging out behind the line. I was fumbling with my backpack and if I was carrying he probably would have noticed the way I was twisting and bending about.

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    That booth in the middle with the Nazi Soldier Posters always cracks me up. Probably run by Big Bro to identify persons of interest.

blipper

MDS Supporter
    Dec 4, 2017
    Dundalk (Baltimore County)
    I got what I was looking for: two higher capacity PS90 mags and two Mini Thirty ones. A lot more stuff to look at than I had time to do. It’s easily my favorite gun show — too bad it takes almost two hours to get there from Baltimore.

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    For anyone going to the shop, please stop by Tony Moreshi's art display and say hello. He does incredible work and many of his pieces are hanging in my home. We are hoping to have some in the shop soon.

Seconded- I added another of his works to my collection yesterday. Beautiful stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sundaeman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 16, 2008
    Went on Saturday. Got there about 9:30, parking was easy, crowd started out light. Tons of low end accessories. The smell of the roasted peanuts/cashews won out. The Mrs found a few things. One dealer with a couple of Springfield DS mags, but didn’t see any other 2011 type mags. One vendor said the sold the one box of Federal 215m they had.

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    I went Saturday. Crowd wasn't bad at 11 am.

Picked up some Glock 20 mags and a Benchmade Infidel to add to the collection.

TheEvilZX2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2011
    I picked up a friend and we were there Saturday from around 10 to 12 or so. We walked the floor checking prices on ammo and whatnot then going back for the stuff we wanted. He got some things for his kids and for his brothers bday and a Kore essentials belt for himself. I got a few boxes of ammo of various flavors and another speed loader for the AR platform.

I will say that this is the first time in over 10 years going to the show that I WAS NOT asked at the door if I had any loaded weapons. Then heard the announcement later about if you did to remove it from the building immediately. Then noticed more police walking around than I'd ever seen there before as well. Found all of that a bit out of the norm

crolfe1984

Enthusiast
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baltimore City, MD
    Went today from Noon-5PM. There were some decent deals to be had! Picked up some Underwood 50AE and a box of 700g 500 S&W Mag to strengthen my wrist. Got a killer deal on a new Benchmade too.

Picked up a sealed case of Defender brand (USA made) 147g 9mm subs to try out. Got home and couldn't believe it - there were 4 boxes of 100g 380 ACP inside. The rest were the correct 9mm ammo. Lot #230417 on the 9mm and #230401 on the 380 in case anyone else got a bad batch.

Walked away from a great deal on a used Steyr Scout. Just a bit too much for the pocket money I had left. Next time!

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    I know the threads title date is over. On the upcoming Dulles gun show, I buy a hand gun from a VA vender that comes with 17 round magazines, how does that go?

Do I have to find a ffl from md? Do they have a ffl from MD at the gun show? What about the 17 rd mags, can I take them with me from the gun show and pick up a gun without magazines in md from a ffl?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Recently 2, sometimes 3 Md FFL there . Or depending on travel distance of them ti you ,you could ship to your local FFL .

Yes , take possession of normal magazines there .

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Must go through a MD FFL

Often one is in Chantilly

If not must be shipped to MD

Hopefully both FFLs will be okay with transferring sans magazines

Take the mags from Chantilly and come back to the people's republic
    Thanks for the info.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Recently 2, sometimes 3 Md FFL there.

I'm guessing that is Medusa, BMore Tactical, and someone else?

Anyone have any feedback on transfers through BMore Tactical and whoever the 'someone else' is?

Medusa is active here and seems to be well liked, but unfortunately that is a 4+ hour drive for me.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland

Anyone have any feedback on transfers through BMore Tactical and whoever the 'someone else' is?

Medusa is active here and seems to be well liked, but unfortunately that is a 4+ hour drive for me.
    PM ffbwmd. South Carroll sporting goods. He doesn't do the chantilly show AFAIK but Brian has always been very cool about doing transfers for me. I'd bet he'd be happy to receive the gun. You would have shipping costs, though

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    PM ffbwmd. South Carroll sporting goods. He doesn't do the chantilly show AFAIK but Brian has always been very cool about doing transfers for me. I'd bet he'd be happy to receive the gun. You would have shipping costs, though

Brian is great, and I've transferred several firearms I found at the Gettysburg and York shows through him. If shipping is an option he would be my first choice.

I was looking for another option in case a seller didn't want to ship, which has happened to me at Chantilly once before.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA

TK Defense. My friend had his first handgun transferred through them from the show and they were willing to sit on it until he got his HQL. Everything went smooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom