• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Yes. Even the guy working for him said sorry he is a butthead about that

Yup. That guy’s a complete prick. I totally understand it’s his business and all, but he doesn’t have to be rude to people about it. He went on a huge rant a few months ago when I said I was looking for an Arsenal 104FR after he asked me if I was looking for anything in particular.

“Let me guess, you’re from Maryland aren’t you?”

99% of his stuff is overpriced anyway.

Reminds me of the days when Dark Sun was there

herkybird72

2A Defender
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC
    Yup. That guy’s a complete prick. I totally understand it’s his business and all, but he doesn’t have to be rude to people about it. He went on a huge rant a few months ago when I said I was looking for an Arsenal 104FR after he asked me if I was looking for anything in particular.

“Let me guess, you’re from Maryland aren’t you?”

99% of his stuff is overpriced anyway.

Reminds me of the days when Dark Sun was there

Went to the Chantilly show when I still lived in the Peoples Republic and ran across what seems to be the same Richard Cranium. Same issue, wanted an SKS. You from MD? No Sale. C&R didn’t matter. Dark Sun was also a POS.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Bought some magazines, jerky and pickles. I tried to buy a norinko sks but the seller wouldn't sell to me because I'm a MD resident. Oh well. Have to keep my eye out for one.

Same thing for me. Got some AR mags, a small bag of jerky, and a few mre’s.

It’s difficult doing firearm business with non MD ffl’s.

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    One dealer did have a sign up that said we sell to MD residents can't remember who it was though. I know Trader Jerrys sell to MD residents. I know who the goof is though I wouldn't buy from him even if he was selling for $1. I hope he's gone like Dark Sun those morons who are out of business.

beowulf9

Aug 31, 2017
    I saw some inexpensive hk93 mags that went cheap. They were mint and sold out fast. Saw a new pistol I have never seen from Slovakia. Stribog grand power . it was a semi copy of the B&t GMH9 . Threaded barrel, used mags specific to it. Price was $755.00 got a 9mm 8 oz buffer ( last 1 they had ) $25.00. Over all a good time.

Interesting.
    G3 mags always went for $8 each as long as I remember in the last 10 years.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I saw a lot of chinese knock off parts. many raptor ambi copies going for $30, I can get those same knockoffs for half the price. So guys beware, if a part looks to be deal look it over many of the chinese charging handles and other items and stuff do not have any markings. Most Chinese stuff can be spotted by the huge savings, normally 50% under a lot of comparable parts from reputable manufacturers.

NYRangers917

Oct 6, 2015
    Frederick, MD
    Drained my wallet on sig mags. Decent prices (as decent as sig mags can be anyway). But yea trying to buy anything that goes bang with a MD DL is a tough sell in chantilly. A shame

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I found Checkmate M14 mags in the plastic wrap for $25 a piece. I should’ve bought a few but I only got one. Need some for when I find a Polytech.
    I saw those, too. Kinda mulled it over, but couldn't justify buying more of them, since I already have 8 or so for my pre-ban M1A. Maybe if I had an RPR or one of those bolt guns that can use M1A mags. Ah well.

What burns me is not jumping on some $23 Mec-Gar CZ-75 mags I saw. Cheapest I've seen those at the show in a long time... they were gone when I came back.

Drained my wallet on sig mags. Decent prices (as decent as sig mags can be anyway). But yea trying to buy anything that goes bang with a MD DL is a tough sell in chantilly. A shame
    There was one seller with a "we sell to MD residents" banner. I thanked them for supporting us. They tried to sell me an AR, and I was like... I have ten of those. Nice try!

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I went on Saturday. It was an ok show, but I didn't wind up getting much. This one was eventful in that this was the first time I was able to get my missus to go, and she was pretty overwhelmed by the whole thing - she's never even been to a small gun show, never mind one as big as this.

I did come away with a couple of observations though. One was that there were a ton of folding knives, but they seemed to be either Benchmade, or some imported foreign junk, without much in between.

I looked for Sig MK25s and Legions, but didn't find either one. I'm sure there were a few there, and I simply missed them, but they definitely were not in abundance.

TONS of Glocks. Glocks everywhere!

Lots of AR stuff, but I don't even know what I don't know about ARs to know even half of what I was looking at in terms of brand/build quality. That's a topic I'll tackle at some other point when I finally get the scratch together to build out my upper and lower.

I almost bought a genuine OD M65 field jacket, but I passed on it - $85 seemed a bit much for it considering I can get a brand new Alpha Industries M65 for roughly the same price.

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    I saw those, too. Kinda mulled it over, but couldn't justify buying more of them, since I already have 8 or so for my pre-ban M1A. Maybe if I had an RPR or one of those bolt guns that can use M1A mags. Ah well.

What burns me is not jumping on some $23 Mec-Gar CZ-75 mags I saw. Cheapest I've seen those at the show in a long time... they were gone when I came back.

There was one seller with a "we sell to MD residents" banner. I thanked them for supporting us. They tried to sell me an AR, and I was like... I have ten of those. Nice try!

Sorry. I saw those at that price and bought them immediately.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I bought a couple of magpul 300 blk mags. I have too many 5.56 mags that I do not need the confusion. I am going to do a color fill on the caliber logo on the 300blk mags also to help in differentiating. Somehow I amassed like 50 5.56 mags some 20, some 10, a lot 30 and a few 40 rounders.

threegun

Jan 26, 2013
    Westminster
    I bought a couple of magpul 300 blk mags. I have too many 5.56 mags that I do not need the confusion. I am going to do a color fill on the caliber logo on the 300blk mags also to help in differentiating. Somehow I amassed like 50 5.56 mags some 20, some 10, a lot 30 and a few 40 rounders.

I used these to mark mags.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074TYSPG8/ref=twister_B07BLTKJ88?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

www.amazon.com/dp/B079NBVS26/ref=twister_B078GBY5PY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

These to mark the rifles.
    https://www.amazon.com/300-Blackout...6&sr=8-2&keywords=300+blackout+magazine+bands

https://www.squirreldaddy.com/300-AAC-Blackout-Ejection-port-dust-cover-p/22-101.htm

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011

Bands seem like a good idea. But with the magpul 300blk mag I should be good. Not to mention it would not be the rifle I grab if I grab one for HD. 300blk is also the only AR rifle with a scope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom