• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    Back left corner vendor had pmags 5 for $50 and AK Tapco 5 for $35. Vendor back right corner next to the knife sharpening guy was offering 10% mil/vet discount, and even better deal if you were buying 4 or more things. He had CCI 22LR for $70.
    I went there with one goal in mind, didn't have it so ended up buying random crap before I left. Haven't been there in 5 years it was like a black friday stampede when the doors opened. Seen one guy yelling at his buddy cause he stopped to look at something, and he needed to "prioritize, AMMO, AMMO, AMMO, then anything else" Full on yelling.

svana

NRA Life Member
    Dec 28, 2012
    Sterling, VA
    Just got back and put stuff away. Thoughts:
    1. Ammo was available, but everything was jacked up except .223/5.56. I was seeing some XM855 green tips under $400, in the $380 range. I was looking for 9mm in specific, and they looked at me like I had a third eye when I told them that I was planning on staying around 25cpr. I stopped at the Walmarts on the way to the show, I was apparently beat by 15 minutes on the 9mm 100 value packs according to the folks at the counter. I ended up just buying some 100 round packs from Georgia Arms for $26.50. Looked like a good product and had favorable reviews online. I will be going to the range this week/weekend and have no 9mm (besides JHP), so I didn't really have a choice.

2. PMAGs galore, typically $12-15 for 30 rounders. Not bad, but can find cheaper online. After shipping though, it might be worth the convenience. From the eyes of a MDer, I'd probably pick some up if I needed them. I was looking for XDm mags (13rd & 19rd), very little in stock, and those that were wanted $30-40 for them (only saw 19's).

3. I don't reload, so I can't tell you what they did and didn't have. I got there before they opened, and there were lines circled around the 2-3 reloading guys like it was black friday at Walmart in Hicksville.

4. When it came to firearm sales, I don't think they'd sell to almost anybody who isn't a VA resident. I was looking at a Mossberg 870, and told the vendor I was a FL resident - and that was the end of that…

5. Ammo cans were in pretty good condition, managed to get 2 50 calls for $25. Again, can find it cheaper online, but you can hand select here to make sure you get good quality. The convenience is worth the $2.50 for me.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I bumped into Mr. Ferret. I bought some MP5 & Glock 9 & 45 mags, and the new SR25 and HK91 maglulas. Both a S&W 41 and a broomhandle in 9mm really tempted me but I left w/o either.

There were 7.62x39 AR mags there at a couple vendors. From $25 to $39 though:(

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I bought some pipe cleaners and a pistol rack ;)

I did see a NIB (well, old in box but unfired) pre-ban Colt A2 upper chambered in 7.62x39. I was very tempted but I'm not sure about the reliability of these. Dunno, I may go back and get it :shrug:

There were some deals on mags, but didn't see any great deals on ammo.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    4. When it came to firearm sales, I don't think they'd sell to almost anybody who isn't a VA resident. I was looking at a Mossberg 870, and told the vendor I was a FL resident - and that was the end of that…

I noticed this. I haggled a gun to a price that I was willing to pay and then remembered that I've neglected to tell the FFL that I'm from MD. It's a shotgun not affected by SB 281, I have three forms of ID, and I'm paying cash, so no problem, right? WRONG. He looked at me as if I had said: "I'm a convicted serial killer who broke out of jail last week" and promptly canceled the sale. He might as well have said: "NO GUN FOR YOU!"

Kadath

Sep 30, 2013
    Will b there around 10 AM tomorrow, I only have 1 ten round pmag for my AR so that's my priority!

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I picked up some 20 round gen3 308 pmags, decent price on these, and a couple Bulgarian circle10 AK47 mags, expensive but very nice :thumbsup:. All the other ak47 mags I saw were poopy new manufactured korean rib mags. :tdown:

Also, grabbed a couple lulas for ak mags and one for the 308 mags.

svana

NRA Life Member
    Dec 28, 2012
    Sterling, VA
    They've got 10rd PMAGs going for the same price. Around the middle of the show was the only place I saw them, but wasn't really looking.

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    I noticed this. I haggled a gun to a price that I was willing to pay and then remembered that I've neglected to tell the FFL that I'm from MD. It's a shotgun not affected by SB 281, I have three forms of ID, and I'm paying cash, so no problem, right? WRONG. He looked at me as if I had said: "I'm a convicted serial killer who broke out of jail last week" and promptly canceled the sale. He might as well have said: "NO GUN FOR YOU!"

I was planning on going, but this is why I'll stay away from the gun show. I want to pickup a shotgun as well - but these vendors are just retarded.

etc

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 30, 2010
    Last time there was only one person selling 40-round PMags and it was $30.

Any other vendors with 40-round Pmags available?

TripleEight

Apr 2, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I bumped into Mr. Ferret. I bought some MP5 & Glock 9 & 45 mags, and the new SR25 and HK91 maglulas. Both a S&W 41 and a broomhandle in 9mm really tempted me but I left w/o either.

There were 7.62x39 AR mags there at a couple vendors. From $25 to $39 though:(

Were the 7.62x39 mags 30 rounders?

phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA
    Last time there was only one person selling 40-round PMags and it was $30.

Any other vendors with 40-round Pmags available?

Only saw one vendor and they were asking $30.

Careful walking around, there was at least one guy selling knock off magpul PTS junk and selling it as real magpul.

No one was selling cheap stock wrenches (they all wanted more than Amazon, it's a gun show, you got to have great prices or hard to find items).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom