• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I am mad with desire for the Mosin Nagant. Mad with lust for it!!

For God's sake please help me! I fear I'm losing control of my senses. I already spend more money than a sensible man would on firearms, ammo and accessories AND NOW I'M BUYING AN OLD WAR RIFLE!!??

why!!?

Why do I want this weapon so badly? It has become the object of my complete desire. The main impetus for my applying for a C&R license. My virtual purpose for living.

It is the firearm I dream of in my sleep and during this waking dream called existence.

For the life of me I have no idea why I MUST have this beautiful weapon-- BUT I MUST-- cost be damned.

Will someone with more good sense and wisdom than I can currently muster please have mercy on me and put me out of my misery.

Convince me why I shouldn't acquire a Mosin Nagant.

Meatasaur

Feb 21, 2013
    Welcome home, brother. Mosin fever is incurable regardless of how much your shoulder hurts. I've got one and am looking to get another (for my son, of course) or two ( the wife needs one too, right?)

poppop02

Nov 14, 2012
    Severn
    I just purchased my first Mosin waiting for it to arrive. Now that the children are grown and out of the home I have more cash (not that much more) and a desire to grow my collection of firearms. Looking forward to the task of cleaning and finishing the Mosin once it gets here. I was able to get a hex receiver one for $169.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Nothing mystical about it. They're cheap, ammo is cheap, and they make a big boom. I'd recommend a carbine length(M38/M44) if you can find one. They make a nice fireball when you shoot them. Plus the M44s have a built in stabby thing:D

Now you wanna talk mystical, get yourself an M1 Garand. Pure American Bada**.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    HA, you fool.

once you've gotten to the point where you feel compelled to come here and ask whether you should buy one, then you already know in your heart that its too late, you WILL buy one...or two...or five, hell, have you seen how nice the crates full are? just saying.

in time the mosin becomes your basic monetary unit, you go to the store and see a pair of shoes but you think to your self "hmm, thats a mosin and a half".

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    You should have as many Mosin's as your wallet will allow. Anything else is unacceptable. You're doomed. But don't worry. You'll feel much better about yourself and all tingly inside after you buy your first half dozen or so. ;)

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    Or ... you think of the Mosin as only being 3 gas tank fill-ups ... and a rifle will still be around long after the gas has been converted to pollution.

When your truck has a 34 gallon gas tank like mine it's only a tank and a half. lol

I really like mine, I lightly polished the sear and trigger then put a 0.027" shim under the sear spring and it has a very good trigger pull now. I bought it for $125 about five years ago and thought I paid too much, but it's an ex-dragoon so not the most common. The next thing I knew a type 53 showed up on the wall next to it. I wonder how that happend? :innocent0

I think the militaria show in Harrisburg is in a couple of weeks, maybe another will appear on the wall. :D

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Mosin is to guns as
    GreenBottleFly.jpg
    are to shit. :shrug: Save your money and buy a Springfield or M-1.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    The cost of 8mm sure teaches me to appreciate surplus 7.62x54r!:D

true, but it helps to have a couple thousand rounds put away that you only paid 5 to 10 cents for :D

what i do is take several guns to the range so i dont use a ton of my more precious ammo at once. i do my blasting with either an ar or ak/SKS for fun (though these days thats not affordable either) then i run through some mosin food to get my bolt action kick.

then to the sound of angels singing i carefully remove my chosen mauser for the day from its vestments, i gingerly rest it upon a velvet pillow, i say a short prayer to one mister paul mauser, and i bestow upon the backstop the HONOR of receiving those few hallowed rounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom