The March on Annapolis for Feb 8th date has been changed!!! Please Read!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mtb

May 24, 2011
    I'll be there on the 6th. I can bring a few people from my area (Elkridge/Columbia) if people want to do that.

PM me if you want a seat (I drive a Subaru Impreza WRX... not the largest car, so keep that in mind).

Ken

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Check out the latest MSI update as there are two town hall meetings we could visit this weekend.

G

George

Check out the latest MSI update as there are two town hall meetings we could visit this weekend.

I am working on making it to at least one this weekend. I received the email about a hour or so ago.

Nodachi

Jan 22, 2013
    I'd be wary of the February 6th date I provided that was in the email I received.
    I was merely passing along the contact information in Maryland.

The first I ever heard of "gun control" was during the late 60's and to this day I believe they coat-tailed it to the anti-war demonstrations in an effort to give the broad impression that if they were also against firearms then their disagreement with the war and the draft would appear more credible.

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    I'd be wary of the February 6th date I provided that was in the email I received.

The first I ever heard of "gun control" was during the late 60's and to this day I believe they coat-tailed it to the anti-war demonstrations in an effort to give the broad impression that if they were also against firearms then their disagreement with the war and the draft would appear more credible.

There were two major gun bans in the 20th century. The first was restricting the use of automatic weapons in the 1930s - it was a direct response to the violence that erupted from the mob shootings. The irony of course is the the mob violence developed over the government's prohibition of alcohol. Prohibition always breeds violence.

The second gun ban was in the late 1960s and was a direct response to the civil unrest and riots and e fact that groups like the Black Panthers were patrolling the streets with guns. In both cases the government got very nervous.

Of course now we have horrific gun violence but if you examine e situation carefully you will not the the vast majority of gun crimes are committed in densely populated urban areas where gangs are establishing and protecting their " turf" so they can practice their nefarious activities - primarily selling illegal drugs. Go figure. Prohibition breeds violence.

The cheap shot, easy answer is to ban guns, which of course is absurd. Gin violence is e symptom, not the cause. Trying to ban guns is like the fire department responding to a fire alarm by driving out to the scene, disabling the alarm and then going back to the fire house. You eliminated the symptom but not the underlying cause

You have to get at the root of the problem and that's a hard beast to tackle.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008

Why wary of the 6th? That is the day the bill will be heard in the Senate Judiciary and we need to make a strong showing.

It's our best chance to keep everything in this pamphlet from coming to pass

http://marylandshallissue.org/share/SB0281_pamphlet.pdf

bryanb

Sep 26, 2010
    I find it ironic that we can go to Annapolis to protest out 2nd amendment rights but our signs can't even have a "stick" to hold them up. How cowardice of our elected officials, maybe we should mount our signs to our so called "assault rifles".

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I find it ironic that we can go to Annapolis to protest out 2nd amendment rights but our signs can't even have a "stick" to hold them up. How cowardice of our elected officials, maybe we should mount our signs to our so called "assault rifles".

Please dont do that.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Broder

Jan 13, 2013

It's angering that we even have to go to our state houses and beg our legislators to obey the law. This is what its come to...

Jdea2057

Jan 1, 2011
    Sharptown
    ? This is great but really starting to sound like a big CF confusing everyone. The 6th are the hearings but many have put in for time off for the 8th so? Is the protest on the 6th now as well with speakers?

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    ? This is great but really starting to sound like a big CF confusing everyone. The 6th are the hearings but many have put in for time off for the 8th so? Is the protest on the 6th now as well with speakers?

The 6th. The 8th is dead. See below:

The 6th is the Only One.

We'll be there on the 8th to catch people who might have been unaware. If their lawmakers are still around, we'll walk you to their door.

But as a note to all: nearly every lawmaker will be on the way home on the 8th before that permit even starts. That's the schedule of the GA. So you might end up walking quiet halls.

The 6th.

G

George

They do not allow us to use wood sticks because they could be used as a weapon. Cardboard tubes would be fine.

Sorry for the confusion. We had everything set up for the 8th the opposition in Annapolis have found out about us and set their date on February 6th two days before our rally.(Coincidence?) We had a three hour long conference call and decided to move the rally to stay a step ahead of their plans. As sneaky as they are, we had to do something to keep a good chance of beating this bill. We only did what we thought was best for all of us in Maryland. We had no plans to cause confusion. We all know dealing with antis it is confusing all by its self.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom