• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jhartmac

Jan 7, 2007
    Virginia/maryland
    Does the law matter anymore in states where there is a clear attack on the constitution? What if everyone broke the laws? What possibly could they do? Not saying this is right just curious of people's interpretation.

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Does the law matter anymore in states where there is a clear attack on the constitution? What if everyone broke the laws? What possibly could they do? Not saying this is right just curious of people's interpretation.

Everyone *does* break the laws. There's a book called "three felonies a day" that talks about this...and Ayn Rand wrote quite a bit about it.

I just realized that bringing my deer-gutting knife (which may or may not be in my car, much like Schroedinger's cat) to the Carroll County Dump would be against the law. Now I have to remember to remove it. What a hassle.

There's also less inadvertent law-breaking. Ever heard of Use tax? It's why I chuckle sadly when my wife wants to go to DE to go shopping.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Jury nullification is basically the only way to change an unjust system outside out outright revolt. Sadly, most people don’t even realize that it is perfectly legal to say “not guilty” on a jury even if the person did go against the “law”. Point in case, slavery was dealt a very heavy blow by jury nullification. Most judges hate jury nullification though and you will get throw off a jury if you verbally state that you are using it, so if you do use it, don’t say a word about why you are going against the law. Just keep saying, “Not guilty” and leave it at that.

Target

si vis pacem para bellum
    Jul 9, 2008
    Well a law is only an idea of what we or those believe is 'right'. I use the word right loosely. And it's tough to enforce every law, many go unenforced all the time. There's just so many that it's tough to keep up with and if they did everyone would be in jail. But I believe the law and the constitution are different, as the constitution I see as a right and if you have a right to do something it should not be challenged or changed otherwise where nothing can infringe them but that's not the case unfortunately. That's the problem with many states and local governments where they somehow feel the need and as if they have the power to superseded the constitution. At least that's just my thoughts

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Anymore laws are to make criminals of as many people as possible. Lawyers write the laws to make people hire lawyers.

Exactly! Like your suggestion to charge people with attempted and conspiracy to commit murder that hasn't happened yet and probably wont. You would be a great politician!

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Exactly! Like your suggestion to charge people with attempted and conspiracy to commit murder that hasn't happened yet and probably wont. You would be a great politician!

People who release the names and adresses of targeted people are endangering those people intentionally. Unless someone gives a contract killer a contracted target there is no threat to said target. Just like the beating victim in Baltimore. Now that his name and adress is out there how safe is he and why? How can they charge someone who attempts to hire an undercover cop to kill someone? The murder hadn't happened yet and probably wouldn't have.

jessebogan

Feb 25, 2012
    Not obeying the unconstitutional "laws" is basically withdrawing your consent to be governed by the current kleptocracy in power. I think to some extent, everyone does that to one degree or another. As the leftists continue to tighten the screws, civil disobedience is going to increase, and the more it does, the more they will try to crack down, causing more.....I predict a standoff between "We the People" and the overbearing feral "government" before too long. Like King George in the days of old, they just don't know when to quit.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    People who release the names and adresses of targeted people are endangering those people intentionally. Unless someone gives a contract killer a contracted target there is no threat to said target. Just like the beating victim in Baltimore. Now that his name and adress is out there how safe is he and why? How can they charge someone who attempts to hire an undercover cop to kill someone? The murder hadn't happened yet and probably wouldn't have.

They can charge them because there was an actual attempt to solicit a murder. Not a "this "could" lead to ____." For a guy who wants the police to step off you are SO quick to want them at your beck and call with the book ready to be thrown wherever it should come in handy.

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    I know it's been posted before, but it fits here:

“Did you really think that we want those laws to be observed?” said Dr. Ferris. “We want them broken. You’d better get it straight that it’s not a bunch of boy scouts you’re up against – then you’ll know that this is not the age for beautiful gestures. We’re after power and we mean it. You fellows were pikers, but we know the real trick, and you’d better get wise to it. There’s no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren’t enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What’s there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced nor objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now, that’s the system, Mr. Rearden, that’s the game, and once you understand it, you’ll be much easier to deal with.”

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    They can charge them because there was an actual attempt to solicit a murder. Not a "this "could" lead to ____." For a guy who wants the police to step off you are SO quick to want them at your beck and call with the book ready to be thrown wherever it should come in handy.

So it's ok to hey the guy you want to kill is over here. Or If you are looking for someone to rob/kill look here. I don't like to be a target period.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    So it's ok to hey the guy you want to kill is over here. Or If you are looking for someone to rob/kill look here. I don't like to be a target period.

Where did I say that is ok? Leaving your windows down in the ghetto is saying "look here". Should you be charged for that? Should a provocatively dressed woman be penalized for "attempted rape attention clothes"?

Read MD/Federal law on murder charges and the related charges such as conspiracy, attempted etc. It will answer all your questions but as far being a target, im a white male. I have enough of that every day. Supposedly I had slaves, killed the indians, and am keeping people down.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013

No.

But the law stands until and unless someone takes years and millions to challenge it to the Supremes, and actually wins.

At which point a minor revision to the old law is passed, and either it is challenged again or everyone just gets too tired to fight.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    "No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it".

16 Am Jur 2d, Sec 177 late 2d, Sec 256:

Great. You volunteering to be the one to sit in court and bankrupt yourself ignoring an unconstitutional law?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom