• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sharpeneddark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    Westminster
    Kind of odd how they don't want to know where we live...

They may not care, because that would mean they would have to write it down. Or they could just cross reference the phone ID number with any number of records they have to find out who you are and where you live.

But I'm betting they just don't want to write it down. The aids probably expected overwhelming calls in opposition.

putting this here for yalls use

MICHAEL ERIN BUSCH, Speaker of House of Delegates
    Democrat, District 30, Anne Arundel County

State House, H-101
    Annapolis, MD 21401 - 1991
    (410) 841-3800, (301) 858-3800
    1-800-492-7122, ext. 3800 (toll free)
    e-mail: michael.busch@house.state.md.us
    fax: (410) 841-3880, (301) 858-388

For those who are making calls, delegate KATHLEEN M. DUMAIS extension is 3052.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    They may not care, because that would mean they would have to write it down. Or they could just cross reference the phone ID number with any number of records they have to find out who you are and where you live.

But I'm betting they just don't want to write it down. The aids probably expected overwhelming calls in opposition.

I suspect there are two reasons they don't want to know this:

1) Unlike senators and delegates the governor represents the whole state. So whereas the former cares more when he/she hears from a constituent v. someone in another district, all of us are constituents of MOM.

2) They're being overwhelmed with phone calls, which is good. But from their perspective they want to get you off the phone as quickly as possible. I say don't fall for it. Talk s l o w l y. Volunteer your contact information anyway. Remember part of this process is showing them that "the juice is not worth the squeeze". We want to tie them up, be the monkey wrench in their gears. The more calls they get, the more hours they devote, the more personnel have to be diverted to dealing with this issue - the better off for us. Remember: we need to run out the clock towards sine die. That worked to our advantage last year when Frosch's bills died as the clock ran down. It's having an effect this year too. Don't let up off the pedal now. Keep pouring it on, and tying them up in knots.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Me and my little sister just got done hitting every delegate and senator. Asked the blacks why they support KKK initiatives and Rosenburgs aids why they support Hitlers measures. Spoke about the Mexican AWB and it's effects on crime. And Froshs aid was surprised when I pointed out to her that Frosh supports rapists more than gun owners.

Now we're eating at Subway.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    Me and my little sister just got done hitting every delegate and senator. Asked the blacks why they support KKK initiatives and Rosenburgs aids why they support Hitlers measures. Spoke about the Mexican AWB and it's effects on crime. And Froshs aid was surprised when I pointed out to her that Frosh supports rapists more than gun owners.

:lol2: Brass kahunas!

buzzsaw

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Hagerstown

Not sure if you're serious or not... if so, GO YOU!

Parshooter

Silent Majority Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    East NC
    Right now everyone needs to get on the horn and get with the Judiciary Committee members and their House delegates. Call the office of Speaker Busch and Delegate Dumais. Tell them point blank that our community will accept no "compromise" that involves banning a firearm. None. Nada. Zip.

If they had the mojo to pull this off, they would have done it by now. They are back on their heels - time to push them over.

We expect a vote in Judiciary any time now. Could be tomorrow, could be the next day. They will hold it when there is consensus on a bill; and right now they got jack squat because of you.

Push. Hard. Trust me, they are vulnerable right now. We gained ground last week. They are now pushing back - we need to push harder.

Get into Annapolis. Call those delegates. Be heard. I am also tired, but this is a marathon and we need to outlast them.
    Hello, New Member here- Parshooter= my two passions after my loving bride (Guns & Golf). I just went through the list on the judiciary committee, talked to each office as well as MOM's office and my local delegates. Not bragging, but I received several kudos on the tone of my call. You can make a point without being rude or obnoxious. Express your position with passion, not attitude. The ones that are with us still enjoy hearing our support, and I made a point to tell the ones i thought were agin' us that it's OK in politics to be "for" something before they are "against" it. Help them figure out this is bad legislation, but please don't shout at them, they get a mental block at that point.

codefive

Jun 9, 2012

That is awesome! I'd like to hear some of the responses :D

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Hello, New Member here- Parshooter= my two passions after my loving bride (Guns & Golf). I just went through the list on the judiciary committee, talked to each office as well as MOM's office and my local delegates. Not bragging, but I received several kudos on the tone of my call. You can make a point without being rude or obnoxious. Express your position with passion, not attitude. The ones that are with us still enjoy hearing our support, and I made a point to tell the ones i thought were agin' us that it's OK in politics to be "for" something before they are "against" it. Help them figure out this is bad legislation, but please don't shout at them, they get a mental block at that point.

Agreed. I just got off a 15 minute phone call with the governor's office. I got a very nice women who was very patient with me as I ticked off many points of why the governor's bill is not "common sense".

In particular I chose the "this hurts women" route, pointing out that magazine capacity limits puts a law abiding women at a disadvantage against a beefy brute home invader, how there may be multiple bad guys, how the only practical means of self defense my wife and most women have is a legal firearm, how the criminals won't follow the law making her outgunned, how the right number of bullets my wife and my daughter need are "one more than the bad guys", etc.

She seemed to not just understand but to sympathize! So I pressed further: pointing out how removing rails from guns meant removing flashlights from guns so you can't tell a bad guy from a good guy in a dark house, how forward grips allow people of limited hand mobility to hold a rifle, etc.

I covered a lot of ground and she listened. We were both polite and professional to each other - a key I think.

And here's another good part: I asked her if they were just passing a pro/con count back up to the governor, or if some of the rationale behind "why" people opposed the bill was also making it up. She replied "I wouldn't be doing this if we weren't passing some of this on to him". You could tell some of this resonated with her and she felt it was an important message.

So keep the pressure on. Be firm and uncompromising, but be respectful and polite.

It's working.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    They may come in tommorow and find an empty printer and a pile of papers on the floor.. :lol2: Good idea, I like it.

None of them use a real fax, it's all electronic now, so any and all faxes show up as an "e-document" on their computer.

Be that as it may, I sent a first round of faxes this AM and I am getting ready for round two.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Agreed. I just got off a 15 minute phone call with the governor's office. I got a very nice women who was very patient with me as I ticked off many points of why the governor's bill is not "common sense".

In particular I chose the "this hurts women" route, pointing out that magazine capacity limits puts a law abiding women at a disadvantage against a beefy brute home invader, how there may be multiple bad guys, how the only practical means of self defense my wife and most women have is a legal firearm, how the criminals won't follow the law making her outgunned, how the right number of bullets my wife and my daughter need are "one more than the bad guys", etc.

She seemed to not just understand but to sympathize! So I pressed further: pointing out how removing rails from guns meant removing flashlights from guns so you can't tell a bad guy from a good guy in a dark house, how forward grips allow people of limited hand mobility to hold a rifle, etc.

I covered a lot of ground and she listened. We were both polite and professional to each other - a key I think.

And here's another good part: I asked her if they were just passing a pro/con count back up to the governor, or if some of the rationale behind "why" people opposed the bill was also making it up. She replied "I wouldn't be doing this if we weren't passing some of this on to him". You could tell some of this resonated with her and she felt it was an important message.

So keep the pressure on. Be firm and uncompromising, but be respectful and polite.

It's working.

:thumbsup: Good work, Ray.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    If you ask me, flash lights on guns should be the highest level of "common sense gun laws."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom