The "Green Truck of Firewood Happiness"...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Free Firewood for Me - Again This year...

I like it when the Green Truck of Happiness gives me free firewood each year. But, this year I'm gonna have to add some "final touches": I gotta cut it up and split it! I've been spoiled! I'm not used to having to do that! :tantrum:

The logs are from two huge (and dead) trees adjacent to our property: a locust and an old oak. They had to come down. For perspective, the biggest log in the pics is ~18" in diameter and 15' long. There's a LOT of good firewood in the pile when it's cut up. :thumbsup:

Since I have plenty of wood on hand for this winter, this pile might just sit where it is until spring. :innocent0

Free firewood is great, but it ain't always free...

:)

Attachments

• DSC04530.jpg
      DSC04530.jpg
      83.3 KB · Views: 197
    • DSC04531.jpg
      DSC04531.jpg
      70.7 KB · Views: 192

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I like it when the Green Truck of Happiness gives me free firewood each year. But, this year I'm gonna have to add some "final touches": I gotta cut it up and split it! I've been spoiled! I'm not used to having to do that! :tantrum:

The logs are from two huge (and dead) trees adjacent to our property: a locust and an old oak. They had to come down. For perspective, the biggest log in the pics is ~18" in diameter and 15' long. There's a LOT of good firewood in the pile when it's cut up. :thumbsup:

Since I have plenty of wood on hand for this winter, this pile might just sit where it is until spring. :innocent0

Christmas lights are up a bit early :innocent0

jimv8eatr

Hooligan #4.5
    Oct 16, 2012
    McHenry, MD

I can come by and help you cut, split, stack, whatever. Anytime, just let me know.
    Plus you always have them cold, white and blue cans! :innocent0

madmantrapper

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2009
    Carroll County
    I often try to be that generous however my wife says I spoil my good nature on undeserving people. I am a big believer in karma. I figure one day some person I may help may be the person that helps me when I am in a dire situation.

I had a guy tell me once "Why do you do this I'm never going to return the favor is ain't in my nature." I'm glad his wife feels differently, she bakes me Zucchini bread and other goodies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom