• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Let's see "I can't remember to keep my finger off the trigger but I will remember to keep my thumb on the gadget" does anyone else see the absurdity here?

Glad you mentioned that. That was my first thought. It is still something you are now adding, that you can forget or fail to do properly. Has anyone ever won a gun fight being the fastest to re-holster?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Glad you mentioned that. That was my first thought. It is still something you are now adding, that you can forget or fail to do properly. Has anyone ever won a gun fight being the fastest to re-holster?

And just imagine if the obstruction was not fixed and still putting pressure on the trigger. Once you let your thumb off. bAM!

Lol

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around why someone would attempt to reholster with their boogerhook still on the trigger.

Maybe a GSW to the leg or abdomen would help enforce proper trigger discipline??

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I think the possibility of some debris obstruction is so remote to impossible to the point that that wouldn't even be the reason to not get one.
    It's just not needed and that's the reason to not get one.
    Security is in the mind. So if this makes a person "feel" safer that they won't shoot themselves, then let them have it. It is that same person, I believe, who would not do so well in a self defense shoot situation.

Hot smack daddy shooters who endorse this thing are all of the sudden using one because after all these years they finally found a product that will prevent an anomaly they have been worrying about for years? Doubt that.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around why someone would attempt to reholster with their boogerhook still on the trigger.

Maybe a GSW to the leg or abdomen would help enforce proper trigger discipline??

No. They are worried about that little plastic thingy on their windbreakers getting into the holster, thereby getting into the trigger guard depressing the trigger. Here we go, cut that little thingy off for free.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    No. They are worried about that little plastic thingy on their windbreakers getting into the holster, thereby getting into the trigger guard depressing the trigger. Here we go, cut that little thingy off for free.

Problem solved, problem staying solved. :thumbsup:

The only time I've had an issue on re-holster, is when I fail to completely sweep my cover garment from the mouth of the holster - get a small section of shirt jammed between the slide/holster.

But then I remembered, I only ccw in America - there's no rush to get back into the holster, slow it down and get it right. :)

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    31E7QEBXZnL__SX300_.jpg

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I think the possibility of some debris obstruction is so remote to impossible to the point that that wouldn't even be the reason to not get one.
    It's just not needed and that's the reason to not get one.
    Security is in the mind. So if this makes a person "feel" safer that they won't shoot themselves, then let them have it. It is that same person, I believe, who would not do so well in a self defense shoot situation.

Hot smack daddy shooters who endorse this thing are all of the sudden using one because after all these years they finally found a product that will prevent an anomaly they have been worrying about for years? Doubt that.

You've never inspected a service pistol that was carried in a purse, back pack or briefcase have you?

Staples
    Paper clips
    Tampon string (in the firing pin channel blocking forward travel of the FP)
    Pieces of a broken hair clip
    Bits of tissue and paper from receipts
    Bits of hard candy and cookie crumbs
    Wads of lint big enough to choke a cat

I can't imaginge what larger items may find their way into the pistol with that butt flap on the back. :sad20:

You and I, and nearly everyone here, will take care of our sidearms because we understand the need to do so. The demographic this gadget appeals to does not care. They want another "thing" that absolves them of their responsibility to make sure their holster is clear and their finger is not on the trigger before pushing the pistol into said holster.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    You've never inspected a service pistol that was carried in a purse, back pack or briefcase have you?

Staples
    Paper clips
    Tampon string (in the firing pin channel blocking forward travel of the FP)
    Pieces of a broken hair clip
    Bits of tissue and paper from receipts
    Bits of hard candy and cookie crumbs
    Wads of lint big enough to choke a cat

I can't imaginge what larger items may find their way into the pistol with that butt flap on the back. :sad20:

You and I, and nearly everyone here, will take care of our sidearms because we understand the need to do so. The demographic this gadget appeals to does not care. They want another "thing" that absolves them of their responsibility to make sure their holster is clear and their finger is not on the trigger before pushing the pistol into said holster.

First of all, you fail at "service pistol". I didn't know they were targeting police depts.

So, without me explaining my experience.... Well, I won't.
    You my friend, are not the answer all, gun experience carry guy.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    First of all, you fail at "service pistol". I didn't know they were targeting police depts.

So, without me explaining my experience.... Well, I won't.
    You my friend, are not the answer all, gun experience carry guy.

I fail? Because you disagree with the semantics? Maybe if you read the whole thread you'll see that they DID mention LE...

Unlike you... I never claimed to be "the answer all, gun experience carry guy".

Why must you constantly make these posts into a personal competition?

Apparently, no one knows more about the subject than you...

I'm not talking about what "could happen" with foreign matter inside of the pistols. I'm talking about what DID HAPPEN. What I actually saw. Sorry if my experience did not fit your hypothesis.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom