• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Collector98

Jan 18, 2015
    My latest 3D printing project. I found the file online and then had to make some of my own modifications to make it work and how I wanted it to look. I plan on getting a bipod for it, but I had to grab a pic of it now. It's a .22 SBR. I have a transferable M-10 in the works and that's the main reason I printed this to hopefully give new full auto shooters a safer and more fun experience since they don't actually have to hold the gun, but in the mean time, it looks pretty cool on the .22 and it seems to function perfectly fine dry firing!

Attachments

• 20230131_190626.jpg
      20230131_190626.jpg
      178.9 KB · Views: 175
    • 20230131_190639.jpg
      20230131_190639.jpg
      139 KB · Views: 175

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Yes, here's the link!

Thank you! That looks like a fun project

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    My latest 3D printing project. I found the file online and then had to make some of my own modifications to make it work and how I wanted it to look. I plan on getting a bipod for it, but I had to grab a pic of it now. It's a .22 SBR. I have a transferable M-10 in the works and that's the main reason I printed this to hopefully give new full auto shooters a safer and more fun experience since they don't actually have to hold the gun, but in the mean time, it looks pretty cool on the .22 and it seems to function perfectly fine dry firing!
    What kind of printer? Ive been wanting to get one.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Ive heard the Prusa is better on another forum as well. Website Says 2-3 week lead time for semi assembled one?
    Sounds about right. Unless you have a lot of free time, get the mostly-assembled one. I heard they take 10-12 hours to assemble if you get the kit (I got the mostly-assembled one).

I don’t even use my Ender anymore. My Prusa does everything I need it to without problems (unlike the Ender).

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Sounds about right. Unless you have a lot of free time, get the mostly-assembled one. I heard they take 10-12 hours to assemble if you get the kit (I got the mostly-assembled one).

I don’t even use my Ender anymore. My Prusa does everything I need it to without problems (unlike the Ender).
    Awesome, i prob wont use it much at first

Collector98

Jan 18, 2015
    I have the ender 3 pro and it's been fantastic. I don't have anything to compare it to, but it is a bit finicky, so the prusa would definitely be worth looking into

Headedthere

Jan 3, 2023
    Howard
    I’d recommend a Prusa. I have the Prusa Mini+ and the Ender 3 V2. Prusa is leaps and bounds better and more reliable than the Creality.
    Is the main difference between the Prusa Mini and the Prusa i3, the size/height of base/stand? For ~$1k, is there something better than the i3?

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I have the ender 3 pro and it's been fantastic. I don't have anything to compare it to, but it is a bit finicky, so the prusa would definitely be worth looking into
    Prusa printers are more refined than the Enders, but are smaller, the enders can be larger and their basic ones can be upgraded so the question is time vs money. My ender 3 is probably close to the Prusa, the biggest issues with the Ender 3 is the Z gantry definitely needs a second rod to help keep it level, a leveling sensor, because the aluminum beds are inconsistent, and depending on other upgrades a newly compiled firmware. Also depends on what type of filaments you want to use.

Swaim13

Jun 11, 2017
    I also have a prusa mini+ and it's a great little printer.

I am looking at upgrading to the Bambu X1C. For a starter printer, I have been hearing great things about the Bambu P1P. Much faster than the prusa and almost nothing to build.

Homesick Texan

Dec 15, 2012
    Middle TN
    Any recommendations for a non-tech savvy but not a troglodyte beginner? I'd prefer not to start out with a basic generic printer that I'd grow out of in 30 days. Thanks!

Swaim13

Jun 11, 2017
    Any recommendations for a non-tech savvy but not a troglodyte beginner? I'd prefer not to start out with a basic generic printer that I'd grow out of in 30 days. Thanks!
    Right now most likely the Bambu P1P. The prusa mini is also a good choice. Both don't require as much tinkering to get running vs the ender printers from what I have heard. Both are 700 or less.

You wouldn't outgrow a printer unless you are trying to do one of three things:
    1) Exotic Materials. These materials require different hot ends but most people will likely not use them. Some also require filters due to off gassing.
    2) Large prints that are not glued together. This is more limited by your imagination than the printer. Large prints typically can be broken down into smaller pieces to be printed.
    3) Multiple colors in a single print. This typically can be worked with by altering print settings. If you want a true multi color print that isn't glued or snapped together, you would need a nicer printer.

I am running the mini and it does almost everything that I want on a 7x7x7 area with a single nozzle. I am going to upgrade the hot ends to do carbon fiber filaments. If you enjoy assembling Legos, I highly recommend buying the kit as I had a blast building it.

If you don't want to build and want to just start printing, the Bambu P1P is the better way to go but it is a little more expensive.

Homesick Texan

Dec 15, 2012
    Middle TN
    Right now most likely the Bambu P1P. The prusa mini is also a good choice. Both don't require as much tinkering to get running vs the ender printers from what I have heard. Both are 700 or less.

You wouldn't outgrow a printer unless you are trying to do one of three things:
    1) Exotic Materials. These materials require different hot ends but most people will likely not use them. Some also require filters due to off gassing.
    2) Large prints that are not glued together. This is more limited by your imagination than the printer. Large prints typically can be broken down into smaller pieces to be printed.
    3) Multiple colors in a single print. This typically can be worked with by altering print settings. If you want a true multi color print that isn't glued or snapped together, you would need a nicer printer.

I am running the mini and it does almost everything that I want on a 7x7x7 area with a single nozzle. I am going to upgrade the hot ends to do carbon fiber filaments. If you enjoy assembling Legos, I highly recommend buying the kit as I had a blast building it.

If you don't want to build and want to just start printing, the Bambu P1P is the better way to go but it is a little more expensive.
    Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom